TeapotGirl

OPINION ON CHEATING PARTNERS

OPINION ON CHEATING PARTNERS  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go ahead and still marry your partner that has cheated on you?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am seeing posts here about cheating fiance and wants to go home after few weeks of getting in the US. That's sad, either they don't know who the person they committed with or they just need to learn how deal with the situation.

Discovering infidelity on the first part of the "marriage" is very crucial. Everybody wants their marriage to last but we all know that there's no perfect relationship. Getting into the marriage is not a guarantee of loyalty either and sometimes no matter how genuine your intention is, there's still something wrong that you just have to let go. Do you think infidelity is just one of the trials that needs to be overcome?

EXPLANATION..

GUY: "Do you think I will spend money and time with you if I do not love you. I may have been stupid but it doesn't mean that I don't love you."

GIRL: "Why would I fly all the way here and leave my family and friends back home if I don't want to be with you?"

Happy New Year!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How one handles infidelity is an individual decision. I think the hurt seems deeper for persons who found love outside their home country, because you feel financial strain, being placed under a microscope by the government and those closest to you, being emotionally worn down waiting for approvals, and not having any control in the matter.

Edited by Olomi_811

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

there are no excuses for cheating and as far as im concerned that is the end of the relationship. trust is everything and once a cheat, always a cheat!!

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

there are no excuses for cheating and as far as im concerned that is the end of the relationship. trust is everything and once a cheat, always a cheat!!

I agree. Once the bond of trust is gone there is no rebuilding of it. I would hope that if there is communication, honesty, respect and love then there is no reason for infidelity to occur.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nope, happened to me and totally changed any feelings I had about him. Someone that weak wasn't going to be the person I wanted to spend my life with.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

"Do you think infidelity is just one of the trials that needs to be overcome? " To what end? It will only happen again. Working it out is only a bandaid and not a cure for a lack of morals and commitment in a partner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

How one handles infidelity is an individual decision. I think the hurt seems deeper for persons who found love outside their home country, because you feel financial strain, being placed under a microscope by the government and those closest to you, being emotionally worn down waiting for approvals, and not having any control in the matter.

In my opinion its not about the financial part... I agree with the emotional aspect 100% its very stressful... All the time you invest and not to mention the embarassment of how one is scrutinized for meeting someone online and then traveling across country in the name of love... to then find out this person has been unfaithful... And yes infidelity is an individual decision some ppl can forgive and move past the hurt and even go onto to make the marriage work. I am not one of those ppl who can move past that kind of act.. I would always be thinking about my husband committing that kind of act and violating our marriage and my peace of mind I would never be able to grow as one with him. I'm talking from experience from my first marriage although my ex-husband was not from a different country the hurt was just as intensed... Adultry kills the spirit and the desire and makes it so hard to trust again... I'm always studying my husband's words and actions because of the betrayal I've been through with my ex-husband... Is it fair to my husband?! No but this is the effects of infidelity and something that is embeded deep in my heart..

Timeline

CONSIDERATIONS..

What if it's just the first time?

What if the infidelity happened before you got engaged but already together?

What if the "cheating" is just a gut feeling and you do not have a solid evidence that it's real?

Happy New Year!

I voted for no.

If one cheats on you, there will surely be a second one. Plus a third and so on.

This is rational thinking, but I know sometimes one's emotions can get in the way. :blush:

Edited by scotty2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

CONSIDERATIONS..

What if the "cheating" is just a gut feeling and you do not have a solid evidence that it's real?

I won't wait for a second time (because there WILL be a second time)

Together is together.

Solid evidence should be obtained before shooting allegations.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

CONSIDERATIONS..

Doesn't matter when, doesn't matter if it was just the once. It's a conscious act. You watched someone else strip, you kissed someone else, you stripped for someone else. These acts take longer than a second. A cheating partner either doesn't care about you enough to think about you at that moment, OR chooses to block you from their mind.

If it's a gut feeling it depends on why that gut feeling and how long the feeling lasts. If you're walking around jealous as h*ll thinking he's cheating on you, you don't trust him. What is a relationship without trust?

Agreed but with one caveat. Just because someone cheats on you, doesn't mean they will cheat on their next partner. It just means they don't care enough about YOU or your feelings to stay faithful to you.

You sometimes read stories about where the guy was so sorry, she forgave him and they had this fantastic relationship later. No he just figured out how not to get caught.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If my fiance cheated on me it would be a huge betrayal. I would never be able to trust him again. I could never continue a relationship if my fiance cheated. I respect and care about myself enough to drop it like it's hot and move the heck on. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

"It's nothing. You are the one I love, common!"

If someone said that to me I'd laugh and walk away. If they consider cheating "nothing" you're in for a whole mess of problems. Even if it means "nothing" to them it probably means "something" to you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.