TeapotGirl

OPINION ON CHEATING PARTNERS

OPINION ON CHEATING PARTNERS  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go ahead and still marry your partner that has cheated on you?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Whenever I'm a few minutes late getting home from work, I freely tell Mrs. T-B. that I was with the rubias (my six fictitious blondes), si man.

Earlier this week, Mrs. T-B. handled her own emergency car repairs with great aplomb when I was slammed at work and couldn't help. I told her that I was proud of her, and that at least two of the rubias couldn't have accomplished what she had, no man.

Having met T-Bone and Mrs. T-Bone in person I can totally see this playful exchange taking place - and neither side meaning it as anything hurtful, just playful . It is a 'game' that they play with each other and both understand that it is a game. In fact, I suspect if either of them stopped playing this game, that would cause the other to 'worry' that something was wrong. This is part of the ties that bind their relationship together - they are playing by the same rules. Cheating happens when someone stops playing by the accepted 'rules' of that relationship, whatever the couple has determined them to be. Besides, Mrs. T-B has no reason to be jealous of any six fictitious blondes - they couldn't begin to hold a candle to her :yes: . And I didn't feel the slightest bit jealous when my husband remarked that she is a very lovely lady. I agreed with him completely :).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes i would still marry my partner if i found out that she cheated after all,what if i didnt find out,i would hav still gone ahead and marry her. Also there alot of people who hav been married for years whiles cheatin on each other but none of them know till now,and they are happyiely marriad

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

What an awful, hurtful "joke."

Taken out of context, anything can be "an awful, hurtful 'joke'."

Telling my kid, "Go play in the traffic." when he was 12 and pestering me about something--that could be "awful, hurtful" but he knew it was completely silly and was a joking way of saying, "get out of my face before I go crazy".

Telling my sister's voicemail, "You don't love me, you never answer, you should only be living your life sitting with the phone in your hand while waiting for my call" could be "awful, hurtful", too.

Telling my coworker, "I only love to work with you when you bring me coffee" could be "awful, hurtful".

Telling my other half, "I have a date tonight with Antonio" when Antonio is our JOKING codeword that means anything from a needy friend that is crying over his beer to sewing up a shirt to studying to mechanical devices. It means something that occupies time in a meaningless way as it pertains to our relationship. (a favorite--when we see an angry woman somewhere, "I think she needs to spend some time with Antonio ;). ) This is in honor of Antonio Banderas. Watching his movies definately wastes time in a meaningless way, yet I enjoy them nonetheless.

When my love asks me, "How many Antonios were there?" My response is usually "6". Then I ask him about his sanchas and we are silly about it.

Just because you are hypersensitive to this, it doesn't mean that anyone else doesn't have his/her big boy/girl britches on and can't handle silliness.

Now, something that is interesting is that no one ever seems to respond in threads like this with a statement saying, "I was/am a cheater. This is why I do/did it. This is how we handle/d it. This is why I continue to do it (or this is why I stopped or this is why I will cheat again in the future)."

How would I handle it in real life? I don't know since I have never experienced this and hope never to. I like to think the solution would involve firearms.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.