141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I have a little question, I am looking at the I-134 form and I am going to tell my manager to get a letter ready, but the only thing I am worried about is the fact that I am a contractor or temporary and it wants you to list specifically if you are permanent or temporary, do you think this will hurt me?

Ok let me give you a brief background on this....I worked for this company that I am currently working at for 5 years, but I left to go and be with my fiancée in the Bahamas for 2 months then I came back the USA to get sworn in to become a citizen in January and I stayed in the USA. So when I tried to come back into my job there was nothing available permanent so I went to a Temp agency that ironically had a position with the company I worked with before I left but it was a temporary position. Now I hope that gives you a better idea.... :help: !!!

Thanks!!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nassau, Bahamas

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-03-29

Touched: 2007-04-04

Touched: 2007-07-04

Touched: 2007-07-05

Touched: 2007-07-09

Touched: 2007-07-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've posted about my financial situation already on this board and have decided to go ahead and ask my parents to co-sponsor. The only question they have is that everything they have is joint account or applied. Taxes, bank, etc. Do they still need to each fill out an I-134 or can my father the primary applicant for their taxes and bank accounts fill out a form on his own that would represent the both of them? I couldn't come up with a definative answer for them. I'm guessing that the government being as picky as they are would still require each of them to file.

Thanks,

David

Timeline:

I-129F sent to CSC: 2/10/07

CSC Receives I-129F: 2/13/07

NOA1 received: 2/21/07

NOA2 received: 5/14/07

NVC received: 5/30/07

NVC sends to USEM: 6/5/07

Packet 4 received: 6/28/07

Medical Exam: 8/6/07

Interview: 8/13/07

Visa received: 8/21/07

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just read this thread and we are hoping to get the answers of our questions about Affidavit of Support or I-134

Before my fiance filed k1 visa he was still working and at the same time studying (graduating student). It so happened that there was a conflict between school and work and he need to opt between the two. Since he is a graduating student he opted school than work. July of this year he graduated and at the same time lost his job and as of the moment he is working in a pizza place but not regular employee so we considered that he is unemployed right now. Regarding I-134, how can my fiance send me certificate of employee and stating his salary if he doesn't have any regular job right now?what are our option of providing affidavit of support?what shall we do?Can we use co-sponsor???please help us we are very much confused right now and I'm already schedule for medical and interview... :crying:

Edited by jessel chris

118283530184.gifJessel Chris11837926282d.gif

11-20-2004 ♥ when we are falling in love

03-03-2007 ♥ he visit me in Cebu

03-05-2007 ♥ he visit my family

03-06-2007 ♥ we're officially engaged

--------------♥ so many things happened / unforgettable date

03-11-2007 ♥ temporary departure

03-14-2007 ♥ finally, he went home to Florida...very sad day...

04-06-2007 ♥ I29F sent to CSC

04-12-2007 ♥ CSC received I29f

04-13-2007 ♥ NOA1 received through mail

08-07-2007 ♥ status online RFE

08-11-2007 ♥ got RFE letter

08-13-2007 ♥ calling CSC about RFE

08-13-2007 ♥ APPROVED!!!

08-18-2007 ♥NOA2 hard copy

10-29-2007 ♥MEDICAL @ SLEC

11-07-2007 ♥INTERVIEW DAY!!!APPROVED!!!

12-14-2007 ♥Soon to be with my GG!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

I have a question, I'm currently in School and I recieve financial aid every semester, plus I work as an intern twice. Now with my financial aid, savings and my earnings that puts me above the 125%. How soud I state that my financial aid is my income? either way to be on the safe side I'm asking my mom to be the co-sponsor just in case.

So basically, my main question is: How would I show proof of my financial aid? does the school need to send me a special letter? thanks!

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello

I was wondering if you found anything. My fiance is a college graduate and doens't have a job just yet and he is going to come and visit me here in germany for the next three months. If you found out what to do and what papers to file if the fiance doens't have a job, please let me know!!

We are still waiting on NOA 2, we filed in July and just want to get all the papers ready for the interview.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

i got a (maybe dumb)question about the notary on form I-134. when i have this notorized, does the notary just stamp, sign & date anywhere on the bottom of form. i'm fairly sure the "subcribed & sworn...signature of officer administering oath" part is for a immigration official. :unsure:

7yqZWFL.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

How often do the co sponsors actually work? I've recently started a new trade where I do lots of short jobs over the year, but as I only started half way through last year I don't have the required income myself (but I'm only three thousand short by myself). Before that I wasn't working by my own choice for a year or so. I have both of my parents and a friend willing to cosponsor: my mom makes just a touch more than I do, but her work is steady; my dad makes around three times the requirements (for the appropriate household size), but isn't working right now, as he's in the same trade as me, and our work is sporadic but well paying; my friend makes just a bit more than required. Will this be enough to get the visa approved? Also, my parents don't have tax returns for the past years as a result of not having paid taxes yet (a situation they're working to remedy but likely can't before the interview), so what other evidence could be provided? This is all for the Sydney consulate, if that makes any difference.

Also, is there another place that's better to post this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
i got a (maybe dumb)question about the notary on form I-134. when i have this notorized, does the notary just stamp, sign & date anywhere on the bottom of form. i'm fairly sure the "subcribed & sworn...signature of officer administering oath" part is for a immigration official. :unsure:

The notary will sign and stamp in a couple of places actualy....but only after he/she has checked the entire document for completeness and no missed spaces (put NA wherever needed) and you have to raise you hand and swear that the whole document is correct. :thumbs:

Counting the days to be with my love...

1095.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My fiancé is currently filling the I-134 and he's wondering about the expiration date. He's downloaded the only I-134 on the USCIS website and its expiration date is 04-30-07

he's called the USCIS about it and they say it's ok

We just want some extra confirmation that we're making everything right

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-12

NVC Left : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Received : 2008-02-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-03-05

Interview Date : 2008-03-20

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : 2008-05-04

Marriage : 2008-05-23

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Are K1 visa holders allowed to get financial aid in college? My friend, who came on a K1 visa gets financial aid, and I hope my fiancée will be able to get financial aid. But I don't not want to get a bill in the mail from the government years down the road.

********************************************************************************

What are My Responsibilities as a Sponsor?

When you sign the Affidavit of Support, you accept legal responsibility for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant(s) until they become U.S. citizens or can be credited with 40 quarters of work. Any joint sponsors or household members whose income is used to meet the minimum income requirements are also legally responsible for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant. If the immigrant receives any "means-tested public benefits," you are responsible for repaying the cost of those benefits to the agency that provided them. If you do not repay the debt, the agency can sue you in court to get the money owed. When in doubt, ask the benefit provider whether the benefit is a "means-tested public benefit."

Currently, Federal means-tested public benefits include Food Stamps, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and the State Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP). States and local jurisdictions may also designate certain of their programs as means-tested public benefits.

The following types of programsare not counted as means-tested public benefits: emergency Medicaid; short-term, non-cash emergency relief; services provided under the National School Lunch and Child Nutrition Acts; immunizations and testing and treatment for communicable diseases; student assistance under the Higher Education Act and the Public Health Service Act; certain forms of foster-care or adoption assistance under the Social Security Act; Head Start programs; means-tested programs under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act; and Job Training Partnership Act programs.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

• 3 weeks later...

I have an income tax return question:

Do you have to include all the 1099-INT's, 1098-E, and other statements you used to get credit on your return, or just the actual 1040 form? Do you include a state income tax return or federal only?

Thanks.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
c. The simple submission of Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, however, is

not sufficient to establish that the beneficiary is not likely to become a

public charge.

That's a worry. I thought if I found an able co-sponsor, all would be fine. Everytime I relax, I find a new reason to panic :blush:

Petition sent: 12/10/2010

Arrived at service center: 12/14/2010

First NOA: 12/16/2010

Touched: 12/31/2010

Second NOA: 05/24/2011

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Did anyone ever answer section 11 (Do you intend or not intend.. ) with NO answer?

My fiance sent the I-134 with NO answer on section 11 since he thought he would not know the exact number of his particular contribution to me. Pls answer

Many thanks in advance :)

K-1

Application mailed.............12-04-2008

NOA1...............................12-07-2008

Touched...........................03-19-2008

NOA2...............................03-19-2008

Touched...........................04-08-2008

Touched...........................04-22-2008

Sent to NVC......................04-23-2008

Case number generated.....04-29-2008

Case left NVC....................04-30-2008

Case arrived at embassy....05-06-2008

Packet 3...........................05-07-2008

Medical check....................05-08-2008

Packet 4............................05-08-2008

Interview date....05-22-2008 APPROVED

Visa in hand.......................05-29-2008

US entry............................06-02-2008

The wedding......................06-07-2008

AOS, EAD, and AP

Application mailed..............06-18-2008

Application received............06-20-2008

NOA1................................06-24-2008

Touched............................06-27-2008

Biometrics appointment.......07-15-2008

Touched on I-765...............09-03-2008

EAD Card ordered...............09-03-2008

EAD & AP received..............09-10-2008

AOS interview.....................12-08-2008

AOS approved.....................12-08-2008

Two-year GC received..........01-05-2009

Removing Condition (I-751)

Application mailed..................09-17-2010

Application received................09-20-2010

NOA1................................09-27-2010

Biometrics appointments...11-04-2010 & 12-28-2010

App approved...................01-13-2011

Ten-yr GC received.............01-18-2011

Hi, I'm a USC just starting DCF CR-1/IR-1 in Australia for my wife who is a New Zealand Citizen.. I have been in Australia with my wife since February of 2007 but did not start working until September of 07 (Visa took a while)and I am still employed at the same place now....I was not employed in the states for any part of 2007. I have a few questions... Do I have to file a tax return with the IRS for the time I was employed in Australia last year? Do I have to pay taxes in both countries for the same income? Since I wont be filing the I-134 until after April 15, will I need a tax return for income from last year? How many past tax returns will I be needing? If I file the I-130 petition before April 15 will I not be required to show a tax return for income from 2007? Also, I had closed my bank account in the states about 8 months ago, will that be a problem for us? We've had a bank account here in Australia for a year though and we have a joint sponsor in the states that will be able to satisfy the financial obligations, will that be enough?

2010 Sydney DCF Timeline:

May 29- Emailed US consulate in Sydney requesting appointment to file I-130 petition

May 30- Received email from consulate with appointment and instructions to file petition for June 3rd

June 3- Filed I-130 petition at consulate

June 15- Email from consulate with Packet 3 instructions

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was also wondering about providing copies of my previous tax returns (how many years) and copies of pay stubs, etc.? The I-134 form doesn't specifically ask for these - so it is just additional info that is recommended? What advice on this?

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.