Ninjam

Does my fiance need passport before interview?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My fiance is from Cambodia and I'm ready to send Packet 3, in the instructions for interview it asks for a passport photo page. My Fiance says she doesn't need one for the interview... I can't seem to find a straight answer on this anywhere so... Does my fiance need a passport before the interview? Or does she get one afterwards? Thanks in advance for your time!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Your fiance MOST DEFINITELY NEEDS a passport before the interview. Oh my!

Where do you suppose they will affix the visa upon approval?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Yes, if she passes the interview the embassy will keep her passport and the visa will be printed/attached to on of the blank pages.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

How have you started this process without a Cambodian passport?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yup - need a passport, sorry !!!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

My fiance is from Cambodia and I'm ready to send Packet 3, in the instructions for interview it asks for a passport photo page. My Fiance says she doesn't need one for the interview... I can't seem to find a straight answer on this anywhere so... Does my fiance need a passport before the interview? Or does she get one afterwards? Thanks in advance for your time!

Ok so let me see if I got this straight. You are the US citizen and you have the packet 3 instructions? Your fiance is filling out the forms for packet 3 right? That is how it should be done and the fiance sends packet three info to their consulate to get the interview date. I am not sure what it is they need to send for the Cambodian consulate before they are scheduled an interview but in my case I ( the beneficiary) have to send a copy of the DS-230 PART 1 form in and my checklist marking off all the things I have that are required for my interview.

One of these things is a valid passport.

Your fiance needs a passport for the interview so they can put the visa in the passport. She may also need photocopies of the biographical data page of her valid passport. I know I need one for my medical.

So tell your fiance to go and get a passport. I don't know how long of a wait it is to get one in Cambodia but your fiance should get on it!

Good luck

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Ok so let me see if I got this straight. You are the US citizen and you have the packet 3 instructions? Your fiance is filling out the forms for packet 3 right? That is how it should be done and the fiance sends packet three info to their consulate to get the interview date. I am not sure what it is they need to send for the Cambodian consulate before they are scheduled an interview but in my case I ( the beneficiary) have to send a copy of the DS-230 PART 1 form in and my checklist marking off all the things I have that are required for my interview.

One of these things is a valid passport.

Your fiance needs a passport for the interview so they can put the visa in the passport. She may also need photocopies of the biographical data page of her valid passport. I know I need one for my medical.

So tell your fiance to go and get a passport. I don't know how long of a wait it is to get one in Cambodia but your fiance should get on it!

Good luck

Yeah for some reason the embassy in Cambodia will send packet 3 to the sponsor instead of the beneficiary... Crazy, i know. But i'm doing about 90% of the work for her and then I'll send it to her for signatures etc, then she will mail it to the embassy. BTW I have no idea how we've got this far in the process without her having a passport lol... I'll tell her to get to work on the passport. Thanks guys, I appreciate the input!

Yeah for some reason the embassy in Cambodia will send packet 3 to the sponsor instead of the beneficiary... Crazy, i know. But i'm doing about 90% of the work for her and then I'll send it to her for signatures etc, then she will mail it to the embassy. BTW I have no idea how we've got this far in the process without her having a passport lol... I'll tell her to get to work on the passport. Thanks guys, I appreciate the input!

Oh wow ok that is interesting. Like I said before I don't have any idea how the Cambodian consulate handles things but if that is how they do it then there are no issues.

Except your fiance's passport.

But yea hopefully she can get that real quick :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

YES she must have a passport!!! You need to get this ASAP if you dont have it.

Blog: http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com/

K1 Timeline:
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
2009-12-26 : I-129F Sent
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA1
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA2
2010-04-02 : NVC Received
2010-04-05 : Consulate Received
2010-04-20 : Packet 3 Sent (via Fax)
2010-04-22 : Packet 3 Received by Consulate
2010-06-09 : Interview Date (APPROVED)
2010-06-24 : Visa Delivery (Via Domesa)
2010-07-01 : POE (Fort-Lauderdale)

2010-09-04 : Married !!!!

AOS Timeline
2010-09-11 : Packaged express mailed to Chicago Office:
2010-09-13 : Package delivered to USCIS Chicago
2010-09-20 : NOA1 via e-mail
2010-10-15 : Case Xfered to California Service Center
2010-12-01 : Inquiry made regarding delay of biometrics appointment letter
2010-12-15 : Received biometrics appointment letter (Scheduled for 2011-01-05)
2011-01-05 : Biometrics Appointment
2011-01-12 : Work Authorization Card Received
2011-01-26 : Two Year Green Card Received (Thank you VJ!!!!)

Us Citizen

May 2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK, I have to jump on the bandwagon: HOW WAS SHE SUPPOSED TO ENTER THE U.S. WITHOUT A PASS...ah, forget it.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Question 1 of the DS-156 which is the Application for Visa is what is Passport Number. The next few questions are all about her passport such as Date of Issuance, Date of Expiry, Place of Issuance, etc...

Did you look at DS-156.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes she needs a passport for the interview thats where they put her Visa. Once she gets her Visa and is with you the many other forms on your journey will ask for passport number, date of issue and copies of the passport with the entry stamp and so on..the journey continues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

They sent mine to my fiance too because they email it and my fiance put HIS email address on the paperwork. Happened to several people I know. He simply forwarded the email to me to complete as I was the one who was supposed to be doing it (though I speak English so I know with people who don't, their USC tended to do it for them)

They sent mine to my fiance too because they email it and my fiance put HIS email address on the paperwork. Happened to several people I know. He simply forwarded the email to me to complete as I was the one who was supposed to be doing it (though I speak English so I know with people who don't, their USC tended to do it for them)

Ohh ok that makes sense. I was just kinda confused about why he was sent that and why he was filling it out

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.