pookie123

AGE DIFFERENCE

81 posts in this topic

4. A very large age difference between the couple can cause concern. However, there is no specific age limitation.

I am kinda worried about this issue since my fiance and I have 40+ age difference. Will it really be one of the reasons for denial of K-1 fiance visa or not?

:crying:

03/29/10------129F sent
03/31/10------Received by CSC
04/01/10------NOA1
04/02/10------TOUCHED
04/06/10------Received NOA1 hard copy
06/09/10------NOA2
06/14/10------NVC received
06/16/10------NVC left
06/21/10------Consulate Received
07/12-13/10---Medical Examination (PASSED)
07/19/10------Interview (APPROVED)
07/23/10------VISA ON HAND..
10/27/10------POE @ Detroit
10/30/10------Wedding Day
AOS:
11/12/10------Sent AOS & EAD packet
11/14/10------Delivered to Chicago, IL
11/19/10------E-notifications received & NOA1
11/22/10------Rejection Notice for check $340 for EAD & $1010 check cleared
11/23/10------TOUCHED (I-485 & EAD)& Received NOA1 hard copy
11/24/10------TOUCHED (I-485 & EAD)
11/26/10------TOUCHED (I-485 & EAD)
11/29/10------Received Biometrics Letter (Scheduled 12/08)
12/08/10------Biometrics Appointment
01/28/11------Received text/email for EAD card production
02/03/11------Received another text/email for EAD card production
02/08/11------Received EAD card
02/10/11------Interview (APPROVED)
02/15/11------Received text/email GC production
02/18/11------Received another text/email GC production
02/25/11------Received GC

ROC:

12/15/12-----Mailed Lifting of Conditions Packet

12/19/12-----NOA1

01/24/13-----Biometrics done

07/09/13-----Received email GC production

07/10/13-----Received another email GC production

07/15/13-----Received 10-yr GC

6uic9nb5yrz.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Large age differences are common at the Manila embassy. This should not be an issue. Concentrate on demonstrating the bona fides of your relationship.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Immigration practices discrimination in rejecting older woman who have younger spouses while letting old men bring in females that are years younger than their own children. You should be fine.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

i am suggesting that ur fiance be with u on ur interview day... any problem or any question, good that ur fiance is there already to answer...

but u will be fine... good luck... :thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

i am suggesting that ur fiance be with u on ur interview day... any problem or any question, good that ur fiance is there already to answer...

but u will be fine... good luck... good.gif

correct suggestion

4. A very large age difference between the couple can cause concern. However, there is no specific age limitation.

I am kinda worried about this issue since my fiance and I have 40+ age difference. Will it really be one of the reasons for denial of K-1 fiance visa or not?

crying.gif

Where did you get this information if i may ask?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Immigration practices discrimination in rejecting older woman who have younger spouses while letting old men bring in females that are years younger than their own children. You should be fine.

Some people are just plain jealous. The age difference "issue" can be very consulate specific; study up on yours. If you can prove a legitmate relationship exists and it is not just for a visa or to buy a young wife/husband, then you will be fine.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

This makes me glad that my fiance is only 2 months older then me...

Sorry I don't have much advice to give though. But having your fiance go to the interview with you I think is a good idea, and of course bring lots of proof to show your relationship is real.

VJAvatar.jpg

Where did you get this information if i may ask?

Depends on the CO and the consulate.

I have seen some posts here about the Moroccan embassy suggests they frown on large age differences. (I remember one where it was the USC female (being a lot older) that had issues)

At worse, it would just cause the CO to look closer at the underlying relationship, to ensure it is really bonafide and not just for immigration purposes.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

My fiance and I - 29 years age difference. I think as long you have enough proof of evidence together & his financial is stable, it should be ok. I think my fiance present during my interview help me a lot. All the best! B-)

I think it's a stretch to advise that it will be ok. The more prudent answer is, as Bobby + Umit pointed out, it depends on the CO and the consulate.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think it's a stretch to advise that it will be ok. The more prudent answer is, as Bobby + Umit pointed out, it depends on the CO and the consulate.

Definitely agree with "Bobby + Umit" and "TracyTN." You never really know all the circumstances and the cultural norms and the CO and Embassies positions. I think I know which posting Bobby+Umit is referring to in which the woman was older than the man.

I also remember another posting from Romania where the woman was nine years older than the man and they were denied.

Again, this does not mean anything one way or the other for you. It depends more on your evidence of a genuine relationship, the Embassy and the CO for the interview.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

:crying:

One friend I helped recently was approved with a 40 year age difference. The pinay is 24 and he's 64.

All gets down to evidence of having a bonafide relationship.

I don't recommend the petitioner attending the interview if he looks like a "dirty old man".

The age difference shows up more when you see the couple in person than in pictures.

Main thing is you show you are in love. He'd made 5 trips to "see" her.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I had friend with same problem as yours, she was k3/spouse. during her interview the consul doesn't believed that the married is real because her husband is pretty much older than her she was only 30 while her husband is 68 and she was sent to fraud department. while was their they keep on accusing her that she only used her husband to get to the US and after that she will divorce him how rude they are. they gave her counseling asking for many documents huge photos, mails and chats to proved of genuine relationship. she get through it. She is now in the us, california to be exact and living with her husband. Don't be afraid, just tell what is right and be true to yourself, as long as you are honest nothing to worry about. :thumbs:

Met my husband 2007
Officially Girlfriend and Boyfriend March 2008
Engaged/Asked permission to my family June 2008
Marriage October 2009
File I130 November 2009
File I129F November 2009

December 15,2009 CFO ( Commission on Filipinos Overseas)

Feb. 6, 2010 change passport to married name
I129F Approved February 18, 2010
I130 Approved March 9, 2010
Medical March 30 & 31, 2010 passed
Choice of Agent April 1, 2010
Interview April 12, 2010 AP reason NBI
IV FEE April 19, 2010 $400
NBI Interview May 14, 2010 written explanation
June 15, 2010 DS-230, finger scanning and swearing-in for CR1
June 17, 2010 Petition upgrade from K3 to CR1 Approved Thank you Lord
June 19, 2010 13:54 Saturday Visa in hand
July 10, 2010 Port of Entry Detroit.
July 19, 2010 Letter from POE filled out for
September 14, 2010 1st Welcome Letter from USCIS
September 17, 2010 2nd Welcome Letter from USCIS
September 20, 2010 Green Card yeheyyyy
December 22, 2010 Social Security Card
March 3, 2011 State ID
April 30, 2012 File Removal of Condition
May 5, 2012 Received and encash check
May 7, 2012 NO1 and 1 year Ext. while waiting for the approval of 10 year GC
June 4, 2012 Biometric Appointment
Jan. 31, 2013 Received Notice of RFE
Feb. 7, 2013 Sent RFE
Feb. 13, 2013 Vermont Service Received RFE
Mar. 22, 2013 RFE approved ordered reproduction of New Card
Mar. 28, 2013 Received New Card

Aug. 8, 2015 File N-400

Sept. 9, 2015 Biometric Appointment

Feb. 1, 2016 Interview

Feb. 18, 2016 Oath taking ( American Citizen Done).

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you're afraid that the age difference may result in a denial, the USC attending can help nip in the bud the bonafides, even if they can only sit in the lobby during the interview. Typically, an older man doesn't have many problems (though, I'll be honest: 40 years may be pushing things, from the consulate's point of view as that age difference is *very* uncommon in the US), and it's an older woman (5+ years) where you will see issues at many consulates - MENA, especially.

Legally, they CANNOT deny you for your age difference, because it's something that USCIS and the NVC was aware of when your petition went through the approval stage.

However, it is a red flag, and if there are any other red flags (mismatching stories, limited communication, only one or two visits, unusually fast engagement, not disclosing criminal/martial history, too many K1 applications, how you met, etc), you very well may see yourself being kicked into AP, kicked back to USCIS for reaffirmation, or flat out denied.

If your fiancé cannot be at the interview, make sure you are well prepared and all your documentation is in order. Make sure that any other potential red flags can be addressed with evidence or thoroughly explained.

Be prepared that you might have to fight for your visa.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.