pookie123

AGE DIFFERENCE

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

For whatever it is worth, our interview was last week (and we passed!). Our interview was quick and painless - they asked L (the foreign beneficiary) 3 questions and they asked me 4. None of them had to do with how our families felt or the age difference. They did not ask to see our evidence of relationship, and we did not particularly front load our I-129F -- we had copies of my visa/passport stamps, trip itineraries for (at the time of submission) all trips taken/planned, and for the two trips already taken, a boarding pass, one or two photos of both of us, and some miscellaneous credit card receipts for dates we went on. I thought it was a reasonable amount of primary and secondary evidence... my goal was to avoid RFEs, not to front load!

That said, I believe we had some things in our favor.

1) Both of us had interacted with the consulate prior to our interview, many times. All of those interactions had the other person cc'd and most included forwards from one of us to the other (when referencing previous correspondence). Granted, none of that means much of anything, but I'm sure it didn't hurt that we demonstrated that at least in regards to the visa process, we were discussing things in great detail.

2) We did have a failed attempt to get a tourist visa, specifically so he could visit me and meet my family. We were open and honest about the purpose in the B2 application and what not, but the fact we *tried* meant that they already had a file with his name on it, and my name in the application (as his then-girlfriend, with the purpose of the trip -- in writing -- as being to visit me and meet my family).

3) Over the last year and a half, I had gone to Brazil 3 previous occasions. Including the trip for the interview, I had spent nearly 8 weeks in Brazil with L. Multiple trips (which they did have evidence of with the I-129F petition) are typically in your favor.

4) Brazil is a fairly easy consulate if you do not have any automatic denial issues (drugs, overstay, ewi, etc) going on.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

I've got all of my typed conversations saved. It automatically saves. If I ever need it it'll come in handy. I've got all of my phone bills as well. If I ever need that it'll come in handy.

Gender Shouldn't be a problem. Doesn't mean that it isn't. Your case should be based on your relationship and interaction with each other, not who is older and so on.

It's the best move I ever made in my life.

We have a 29 year gap. I not only ended up with a nice looking caring and loving pinay wife but I have a 12 year old beautiful loving adopted daughter to boot. I got a thousand + more morning and goodnight kisses in the last 5 years than I ever got in life.

Sounds like it works for you. That is the important thing.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am 14 years older than my hubby.

We applied for a K1 and it was returned to USCIS after a horrible interview.

I now know I should have gone with him, but it was hard because of work and other things here. We married in October in Jordan about a month after the bad experience. I KNOW age is what the CO held against us, although the 221g doesn't say that. It was in the things she said to him.

Now, I have made 2 more trips there (one 45 days, one 16 days) and I will be at the interview. I have printed the first page of EVERY conversation we've had online since the day we met (and we talk every day). I also have all my phone bills and evidence of the numerous text messages we send every day (averages about 60 a day, sometimes more). We also have about 3000 pictures now from my time in Jordan with him. I will take every piece of paper I have to take to prove we are real. But what I really hope is that the CO can LOOK at us and see how we feel. Our friends and family say it's clear in our pics and when we are together... so I hope the CO sees it too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

While it maybe normal in the philippines for such a age difference.. for a american to marry a girl that is more then half his age is just plain wrong.. 60 years? come on.. you should be jailed for that.. plus you consider that the odds are the girls are even younger then they say..

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now, I have made 2 more trips there (one 45 days, one 16 days) and I will be at the interview. I have printed the first page of EVERY conversation we've had online since the day we met (and we talk every day). I also have all my phone bills and evidence of the numerous text messages we send every day (averages about 60 a day, sometimes more). We also have about 3000 pictures now from my time in Jordan with him. I will take every piece of paper I have to take to prove we are real. But what I really hope is that the CO can LOOK at us and see how we feel. Our friends and family say it's clear in our pics and when we are together... so I hope the CO sees it too.

Did you front load the second application? The consulate cannot deny anything that USCIS had in its possession, and they cannot refuse to see it, as they'd be getting it with the package from the NVC. While it's not something we did (because honestly, at the time, I didn't even think it'd be an issue after how both of our families didn't express any concerns regarding the age difference), I think it's something that should be considered in areas where there are strong cultural norms against older women (such as in the MENA region).

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I, too am 69 and my Mexican fiancee is 30. We have been in love for past 2 years. Do we even stand a chance of being approved?

08/25/2012- Married

09/14/2012 - Mailed AOS package (I-130,I-485,I-765) via USPS Express Mail.

09/17/2012 - Package delivered by USPS.

09/18/2012 - text notification receivefor 765/131 but not 485.

09/22/2012 - NOAs for I-130/ I-765 received in the mail.(not for I-485)

09/27/2012 - Biometrics appt scheduled for 10/04/2012.Had case number for I-485.

09/29/2012- duplicate letter for Biometrics appt.received.

10/10/2012 – Biometrics completed..

11/19/2012 - Case status checked and showed EAD/AP approved/production. No text or letter received.

11/27/2012 - EAD/AP combo card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

K & L - I agree with you that 40 years will be a stretch but with proper doc it can be overcome. If the USC can be there I think it would help.

My fiancee is 22 and I'm 40 and didn't have any issues. I think what helped was that I was at interview as well.

OP - Best wishes!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

OK...you guys really are getting me worried now. I am the US citizen (female) and I am 7 1/2 years older than my fiance. He will have his appointment in London....should I be worried. He is very mature for his age.

I, too am 69 and my Mexican fiancee is 30. We have been in love for past 2 years. Do we even stand a chance of being approved?

Yes you can be approved. Just meet the requirements. The question of age WILL come up though, so be prepared.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

OK...you guys really are getting me worried now. I am the US citizen (female) and I am 7 1/2 years older than my fiance. He will have his appointment in London....should I be worried. He is very mature for his age.

No! Don't worry! :thumbs:

Edited by A + M
as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know of one that has a 50 year gap. 24 pinay and 74 puti with a pecker pump!

No BS!

TMI! TMI! lol. seriousely! :blink:

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2011-03-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-04-05

I-129F RFE(s) : none!!!

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-08-08

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2011-08-16

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2011-09-13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Immigration practices discrimination in rejecting older woman who have younger spouses while letting old men bring in females that are years younger than their own children. You should be fine.

:dance:

Probably not an issue in Philippines, document your relationship well.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Not a problem in London because the government does not discriminate on age where such things are not culturally very rare. Such things in British based cultures are not rare. If your fiance was from a country with the highest fraud rate in the world and was going against long standing cultural traditions AND you didn't have a whole lot of documentation of your relationship, you could be denied. Age would not be the reason.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

While it maybe normal in the philippines for such a age difference.. for a american to marry a girl that is more then half his age is just plain wrong.. 60 years? come on.. you should be jailed for that.. plus you consider that the odds are the girls are even younger then they say..

So you think adult women should not have a choice in who they marry? Who should decide?

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.