Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ontarkie: that "breastmilk" jaundice is supposedly a myth. They don't recommend supplementing anymore. In Germany I never even heard of that until I came over here and had a friend who was told to supplement with formula. I think the only truth to that is that formula fed babies get more milk and the quantity flushes it out sooner than a bf infant who gets less milk naturally from the delay in mom's milk coming in.

That is my conclusion as well. Adam's pedi had me supplement with formula due to his bilirubin levels during the first week. Her argument was that they would have to admit him to the hospital if his level reached 20 or higher (and it was at 18 at the time) and a hospital stay would hamper breastfeeding efforts more than some formula supplementing would that might prevent him from having to be admitted in the first place. It worked out for us in that his bilirubin never got that high, but I'll never know whether that was due to the supplementing or if it would have come down on its own with just BFing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I had a glass of wine yesterday. Does that make me a bad mom? lol I just couldnt resist. Went to Olive garden with some friends and just had to. I also plan to have a night out next thursday (Sof and my first time without kids in 2 years) and am planning to pump and dump. (cringe) I am dreading doing it but I really need to know I can still have some freedom while being attached to the pump. How long do you think I should dump for? Or do you think its worth buying the tester strips from babies r us? I dont want to sound like an alcoholic but I will probably have 3 or 4 stiff drinks :)

No, it doesn't make you a bad mom! Unless you're concerned with your supply suffering at this point or with engorgement if you don't pump, then you don't need to pump and dump. The alcohol leaves the breastmilk at the same rate that it leaves your blood. So if you have a few drinks and give it enough time to get out of your bloodstream, then you shouldn't have to dump any of it. I think a good rule would be, if you're sober enough to drive, you're sober enough to nurse. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

for soreness when baby bites:

I had silicon nipples ( you can find that at any baby store), the great thing is that I was getting more milk with it since I wasn't in pain and relaxed!!!!!

7/28/04 we met

10/ /06 started dating long distance, not fun

7/15/08 we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy

11/11/10 we got married in amazing Santa Barbara

11/17/10 mailed I 130, I 131, AP and EAD

11/25/10 package received

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

12/11/10 NOA hard copies in the mail

01/ /11 biometrics walk in successful in Oxnard

02/07/11 EAD in production, AP post decision activity

02/11/11 AP in hand

02/14/11 EAD in the mail!!!!!!!

02/17/11 EAD in hand + applied for SSN

04/13/11 Interview and Approval letter, card in production!!!

Thank you visa journey!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jen, I didnt know that about alcohol. i just assumed it would collect in my breastmilk and stay. I will probably have to pump and dump at least once to ensure I dont mess with my supply.

Salma had her 2 mo checkup yesterday. Shes 12lbs10oz 25 inches. In the 90th for weight and head and off the charts for height. Doc said shes perfect. She got the pentacel, prevnar, and rotateq vaccines and so far so good. Slept through the night and woke up happy. Her legs are swollen and red at injection site but im just really glad shes doing good and its over.

Got my super cool picture people coupon in the mail yesterday (6 sheets for 18$) so hubby and I scheduled pictures there and then 1 hour later at Jcpenney on good friday. Were gonna do Zaids 3rd birthday pics, pics of Zaid and Salma together, and family pics. Should be an exciting day. Hoping the kids dont get too antsy.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, the silicone nipple shields are awesome for very sore nipples, but should be used with caution. The lactation consultants gave them to me with Jona to draw them out since there was TMIO literally nothing to latch on to. They stressed that the shields however reduce the suction from baby and hence the breast gets less stimulation and you have to watch for your supply (one of the reasons they had me pump 5 minutes, then nurse, then pump for 5 minutes while DH fed some of the milk that was pumped to DS. I turned out to be a super milk producer so this regimen left me with an oversupply and a gallon of breastmilk in the freezer.

@ Kelly: Yeah for Salma, she's like Jona was! Eloise is not gaining as fast as Jona at all. She gained quickly in the beginning and now slowly, but that's perfectly fine. She is in the 30th percentile for weight and 60th for length. Her head's like in the 10th percentile, but she is growing consistently on this pattern so they doc is happy with that. She peed all over when we weighed her, oh my! The office was rather cold though. She never does that at home!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

One last minute question:

Is baby food in glass jars OK to take on board/ through security for air travel?

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

One last minute question:

Is baby food in glass jars OK to take on board/ through security for air travel?

yes!! I put all the baby food and drinks in a lunch box and snap it on the diaper bag for easy access when you go through security. Most of the time, they never even looked what's in it, but better than having all the jars/sippy cups/bottles in the diaper bag and then having to find every single one if they do decide to have a problem. Have a nice trip!!

Kelly: don't feel bad, I have a drink occasionally. I used the alcohol test strips but it never registered even though all it takes is 1 margarita to make me fuzzy. haha. A glas of wine is no reason to pump and dump, only if you plan on drinking more but don't feel bad for it, you need a break too!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey ladies. Stef: I'm so glad Kai is doi better. Kel: mommies deserve a break and few drinks here and there, don't feel bad.

Okay so......I take a test in 3 or 4 days to see if I will be a more active member of the forum again! Lol. I have definitely had symptoms, which include implantation bleeding (TMI)...so I will be extremely surprised if I am not...I'm excited and nervous. I can't wait!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey ladies. Stef: I'm so glad Kai is doi better. Kel: mommies deserve a break and few drinks here and there, don't feel bad.

Okay so......I take a test in 3 or 4 days to see if I will be a more active member of the forum again! Lol. I have definitely had symptoms, which include implantation bleeding (TMI)...so I will be extremely surprised if I am not...I'm excited and nervous. I can't wait!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Nizzy: yeah, that sounds great! Good luck and let us know!!

I survived the first week back at work. OMG I can't even count to 10 anymore, I'm so tired. But it was good, I love my coworkers and the job. My boss canceled my part time. We had discussed that I start 3/4 in May but there is another girl who had a baby who decided to not come back after 6 weeks! I am really mad, they told me a 100 times that I could only get 8 weeks for a c-section and she is in the same boat, except she is friends with HR ladies so she got 8 weeks! Now on top of that I am not allowed to get part time in May because she isn't coming back until the end of may. It's like a double smack in the face. I could still be home with Kai if I had the same rights like her! So that's annoying but I am hoping that I can just pull through til the end of may and that it will get better when I finally get part time.

Kai is starting to sleep in the swing and on his back in the crib, so he seems to be doing a lot better!! We are baptizing him on easter sunday, he will be 2 months old on that day!! Time flies.

yeah I second the silicone nipple-shields. I think a lot of mothers who give up bf could have been successfull if they had only known about these. They really do reduce the sore-ness, and help a lot with latching difficulties. I hand them out probably almost every night as a last resort before letting the tired mommies throw in the towel on breastfeeding.

Ok, got to get the kiddies out to Target. I have really really come to love that place now that there are 2 carseats involved for a shopping trip. I can buy light bulbs, diapers, clothes and bread all in one store and heck they even have a starbucks! It's so much easier to buy everything all in one place than having to stop and getting the kids in and out of the car 3 times.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

Well, my night out came with repercussions. Overdid it and missed our family pics on Friday bc I was so ill and im currently only yielding 15ozs in a 24hr period. Saturday it was only 10oz. Im SOOO unexplainably mad at myself. I pumped round the clock Friday, Sat, and Sunday and im just hoping my milk comes back in like it was. It was not worth it whatsoever. Never, ever again.

How was everyones Easter? Zaid had a blast. Salma of course wasnt in her dress for more then 5 mins before pooping herself but they were both so adorable. All my brothers and sister were in town and we found out my twin sister is having a GIRL!! We are tooo excited. The count for my nieces and nephews is 4 boys ages 5,3,3,2 and 3 girls 2,2.5mos, and 1 on the way. We also have another baby on the way from my brothers wife but we wont know the gender until its born in July. I love that the kids are so close in age. The boys are best friends and im hoping the girls will be the same

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

After 11 weeks of having a baby who would never nurse...out of no where last night she rooted right to my breast, latched right on, and nursed her little heart out. No shield used!! I cant believe after having bottles for 11 weeks she would even know what to do with my horribly flat nips (tmi sorry) I am beyond excited. How much easier it is to nurse her at night rather then pouring a bottle, warming a bottle, feeding the bottle, AND pumping. YAY SALMA!

Zaid turns 3 tomorrow (tear) Im very emotional this birthday. Were taking him for dinner and toys r us and doing cake with immediate family Saturday night. We decided no party this year since Sof isnt working. He wont know the diff anyway.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Congrats, Kelly! That's awesome. Enzo didn't want anything to do with boobs until he was like 8 months old. At which point, he would casually try to stick his hand down your blouse - and still does!

Timeline

that's so cool Kelly, so unusual after 11 weeks! Go Salma!

I got so screwed with my schedule I have to work on Ben's birthday on saturday!! :crying: I have all day with him til 5pm, home sunday around 8:30 am and we are havin a small party sunday afternoon with friends since my dad is here visiting. I am beyond exhausted and frustrated, having my fingers crossed that I get part time in june.

I can't believe he is 3. I can't believe I'm a mommy for 3 years now! crazy!!! Kai is doing so much better he weighed in at 16lbs 3 oz at his 2 month checkup. Are we holding the chubby baby record here or what?? He is just a tiny head on a huge little buddha body. haha. He is in the 70th for length and 60th for head circumference. He is starting to sleep 5-6 hour stretches at night aaaaahhhh. I wish I didnt have to work nights so I could actually enjoy it. I am sleeping 3-4 hours so that I get at least a little bit of time with the kids and to enjoy the sun and the warm weather. But I'm a zombie. haha.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yay for Salma! way to go little girl :dance:

Stef, that sucks! Hope you get part time soon!

Announcement (roll drums)....

I'm going to be a full time mommy starting Mid May! Justin and I have struggled with the decision for several months but we finally concluded that this is what’s best for our family. My boss teared up yesterday when she made the announcement, and I’m sure I’m going to miss everyone at my work (well, maybe not eeeeveryone :lol: ). I can't wait to spend more time with Sebas. I’m also starting my own little business from home - I'll share more information about that when we're ready to launch. I'm very excited!

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!