Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Steffi:

So sorry to hear about your troubles with Kai.

I'm sure you've gotten this advise so far, but just in case no-one has mentioned it before:

Try to keep the baby upright for at least 30 minutes after feeding. We put ours into the bouncy seat for a few minutes after eating (still do actually) which has pretty much eliminated any kind of spit up after eating.

Of course we don't have a GERD baby, and it's probably a completely different story then. Like I said just in case you haven't tried yet....

And for the crying: Do you give him a pacifier? (I know there's all those stories about nipple confusion .... but I can assure you that my bf baby didn't get confused by paci or bottles and did fine.)

You might also ask the pediatrician about supplementing him with calcium. It might reduce the stomach acids. I do it when I get the occasional heart burn and it helps. Not sure how and if this can be done for a infant though.

Well anyway. Sending some positive thoughts your way. Hope things will brighten up very soon for you all :)

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Hi, ladies

I hope everyone and the little ones are well. I haven't posted in a while but have been lurking.

Stef, congratulations on the arrival of Kai, and I'm so sorry to hear about his reflux troubles! I think Madeleine had a milder version of what you're describing, but it sounds familiar--short sleeps, lots of spitting up and crying. I think Madeleine did have reflux, but it wasn't bad enough to take medication (that is, she was still gaining weight even though it seemed like she spit up half her feedings). She spit up during and after just about every feeding, and we'd have to hold her upright for a while or put her in the bouncy seat after feedings. She'd still spit up, sometimes an hour later, but at least it would end up on her front/bib rather than running into her ears! She was also a terrible burper. I think we spent more time trying to get her to burp than we did feeding her. Her crying was mostly due to trapped gas, I think. It was a really tough period. I was so jealous of people who would talk about middle of the night feedings lasting 15 or 20 minutes (we have those now, but she's 5 1/2 months). But she was always a spitter-upper, whether it was milk from the #######, milk from the bottle, or formula from the bottle. She still spits up a bit now, but the burps come easily, plus we're feeding her some rice cereal and oatmeal.

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but we switched to Dr. Brown's bottles from Born Free bottles when she was about 3 months. The burps starting come up much more easily, but I don't know if it was just her system maturing, or the bottles. Maybe a combination of the two?

Thinking of you, and I hope he's feeling better and you can get a bit of sleep soon!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

well we kicked RSV in the butt. Salma is back to good and now has her 2 month well visit Friday where she will get her 2mo vaccines. Shes becoming such a big girl. She slept 8pm-6am last night and is spending much more time awake during the day which is fun because shes just so cute and loveable. She even laughed out loud today.

Zaids 3rd birthday is the end of the month. i think we are doing a spiderman theme. Not sure yet because his party wont be until May 14th. Looks like Sofyans mom might be coming from jordan so were trying to do the party when she will be here. Im excited bc this will be the first time she sees Zaid and Salma.

Sofyan is still with the kids during the day, he does CDL school at night while I take my turn with the kids and cook dinner and such. Its working great. Glad to not be dishing out 300$ a week for childcare.

I hope everyone is well. Where are all the new baby pics?

Good luck on your first night back to work tonight Stef.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Aw... Kelly, the kiddos are so cute. Zaid's looking very grown up! Madeleine had RSV a few weeks ago and was pretty miserable there for a few days. Fortunately, it never moved into her chest, although she did have a cough that sounded pretty bad. I was surprised when the doctor said her lungs were clear. (?) I can't believe Salma's sleeping through the night already! Madeleine is just getting to the point where she's sleeping fairly reliably from 7:30ish to 5:30 or 6. When she was Salma's age, her longest stretches were maybe 4 or 5 hours.

Here's a pic of Madeleine from over the weekend. We're just starting to use the high chair to feed her cereal & pureed stuff. She's not quite sitting up on her own but can sit up w/ support.

5611591438_617cee2621_z.jpg

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Aw, thanks! I like this picture because she looks like she's ready to order a beer. Just like her momma. :P

K-1

AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Shes beautiful and SO big!

The RSV never moved into Salma's lungs either. We had every other day checkups at the ped and everytime her lungs were clear. It was scary as hell from everything I read and heard I knew no one who's child had not been hospitalized with it when they were around Salma's age. Im just so grateful shes better. Maybe my breastmilk has superpowers (lol) thats was hubby said :)

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Emily and I both caught a funk on Friday night. She doesn't seem to have it as bad as me, thank goodness, but a raspy cough and slightly runny nose. UGH! That RSV sounds like nasty stuff!! I'm glad Salma is feeling better.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Here's some newer pictures of Sebas :)

163460_474926103279_559203279_5549791_6604749_n.jpg

182597_10150099954808280_559203279_6125979_6843852_n.jpg

He is getting so big and surprises me every day. He is saying around 10 words in english and spanish, loves music, dancing, kicking the ball around and chasing the dog. Insists on trying to mimic everything I do, specially yard work. He is such a happy and smart little boy, we are so in love :luv:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

OMG I love all the new pictures!! Beautiful babies!!!!

I'm so envy you ladies with your little young one already sleeping a long stretch... Sam sill wakes up TWICE a night and it's my own fault. I couldnt stop getting up to nurse him and cuddle with him. I hardly gets to nurse him (work ful ltime) so the night time are my bonding with him and I just couldnt give it up :( He's going to need me until he's 18 my husband said lol. He's almost 10 months now and is around 23.5 lbs. He's so big. He also loves meat!!!! ahh.. my boy is growing sooo fast!! Hope he sleeps more though.

Happy Thai new year every one :)

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Thanks for all the mommy's Tip

We had a baby boy last Friday, Jayden was born 7 lbs.3oz, 21" last Friday at 6:40PM.

Just had a little rough start but everything has settle down. He was breathing heavy, so he was in NICU(neo natal intensive care unit) for observation, by midnight his breathing had settle down and was down to normal level by morning. I guess the little fellah was running a race trying to be among us.

Mommys and Daddys

Lesson #1 we learned, follow your inner instinct

As Jayden was getting better and the breast milk still not coming, he was on IV, but he wouldn't latch for breasfeeding so NICU started to reduce the IV, then later on no more IV, mommy was going down there every 2 hours trying to breasfeed to stimulate the milk and all but nothing yet. Noticed the RN would only give him 10ml of milk, so a day later when we were checking out, I pointed that out to them and they say to follow that routine PARENTS BE CAUTIOUS

When we got home almost less than an hour after feeding, he was crying again, and i could see he's trying to grab the nipple with his gum when trying to remove the bottle,

As time goes on, i started to realize i was putting the little fellah on a diet with that crazy regime, by evening he was crying like crazy, so by 3am, i said FORGET ABOUT WHAT DOC AT NICU SAID, we started to let him have some milk until he's full, GUESS WHAT, HE"S BEEN QUIET eVER SINCE, and been really a good boy, last night we even had a great night sleep and folks complimenting us about how lucky we are.

At the 1st Pediatric appt, I told the DOC i just couldn't follow that program because that would be starving my baby, and the doc agreed with us, he said if the milk was going then yes, it would be a supplement but since there's no milk yet, what you did WAS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

He even lost 1/2 lbs from this drama, so by the second visit, he has already recover and gaing over a pound and no more Junvies something like that.

QUICK QUESTION

Our son has sometime mild to heavy hickup after taking the bottle is that something common, is there a way to aleviate it, usually half way to his meal, we stop to burp him, and just a few second before that he would start to hickup, so we have to wait for something around 5 minutes for it to stop then resume feeding him.

Having problem loading the pix

sayint file should be less than 1.21K, no matter how small i try to reduce the image.

Than you all

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but we switched to Dr. Brown's bottles from Born Free bottles when she was about 3 months. The burps starting come up much more easily, but I don't know if it was just her system maturing, or the bottles. Maybe a combination of the two?

We experienced the same thing with Nicholas, and things calmed down once we switched to Dr B's. Good luck, Stef, it must be heartbreaking (F)

Timeline

QUICK QUESTION

Our son has sometime mild to heavy hickup after taking the bottle is that something common, is there a way to aleviate it, usually half way to his meal, we stop to burp him, and just a few second before that he would start to hickup, so we have to wait for something around 5 minutes for it to stop then resume feeding him.

Just keep feeding him when he has hiccups. All newborns get it quite often. Sucking (on bottle, breast, paci) actually helps to get rid of it.

Of course stop feeding him should he start coughing.

And as far as the feeding goes... No idea why the hospital put you on a feeding "schedule". We were only given a bare minimum number, never a max. Thought all babies are fed on demand.

Congrats on the little one :)

animal-smiley-085.gif

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

Timeline

I'm so excited about flying with the little one next week. Any last minute tips and pointers for a long plane ride?

She's 8 months now and already got a passport, it's so cute :blush:

I'm still not sure what to do about the seat. If we should take the baby car seat on the plane or use the FAA Cares harness. The seat would probably be better for sleeping, but would otherwise restrict her a lot. Also not sure if the car seat would actually fit in the seat. The seat width as per seat guru is 17.2 inches. The base (not car base, I know we leave that at home) fits without problem, but the width of the carrying handle is 18-19 inches. We have 3 middle row seats, so we can put the armrests up and put her in the middle. Just not sure if the seat would be too bulky or not.

Guys give me your opinion on what to do :unsure:

animal-smiley-085.gif

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed