Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Lisa, While the thought of loss is always on the mind of a pregnant women do not let that deter you from trying again. No pregnancy is like the other and you could very well have a 100% normal pregnancy the 2nd time around. Your still young!!

Im sure some of you have seen on fb but weve been dealing with alot here. Salma was in the ER with a 103 fever and the next day was cathed at the ped to find she had a baaaad UTI. She had some blood drawn and was given some antibiotic injection and has been on an oral for a few days now. She is feeling much better but once she is done with meds she will need to be cathed again to make sure the infection is gone then the following week we go to the Childrens Hospital to get a Kidney US and a VCUG done. Im soo sad for her. Somewhere in between there we also have to get her 4mo vaccines done. My poor baby girl has not had it easy. Please keep us in your thoughts.

I didn't see that :( I get mesmerized by the gorgeous pics of Salma.

I will keep your family in my thoughts, and prayers too.

Lisa, While the thought of loss is always on the mind of a pregnant women do not let that deter you from trying again. No pregnancy is like the other and you could very well have a 100% normal pregnancy the 2nd time around. Your still young!!

I agree, Lisa, and I'm an old lady too. ;) There are so many things that come into play that have nothing to do with age, and the chances that things will be just fine are definitely in your favor. I can certainly understand your worry, though. We're probably done--I don't think I can convince Jon to have another, as he's 41 going on 110--but I haven't completely abandoned the idea that Mad-Ag could have a sibling.

Kelly, best wishes for a speedy recovery for Salma. I'm glad to hear she's feeling better.

Madeleine is 7 months and just started sitting up on her own. Aside from vomiting every so often because of her more or less continual mild cold & cough, she's doing great. She has two teeth and 6 more coming in. Drool-o-rama!

5806486176_b3ef7f2d4f.jpg

I hope things are well with everyone.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

And Lisa - you forget, I conceived at 38 and had Emily at 39. Not even a slight hiccup with my pregnancy (or conception as it goes! One month of trying and BAM). You never really know, of course, but I wouldn't let your experience w/ Nick (or your friend's experience) dictate what you and Scott decide to do. Do what YOU want for your family. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was on bedrest for most of the second half of my pregnancy due to dilation at 25 weeks. It wouldn't prevent me from having another baby. If I were to get pregnant again, they might put in a cerclage preventitively.

Is home birth safe enough? I know it's a lot cheaper. My husband supports home birth. He's against the idea of hospital births. Where did you have your baby? Please comment. I like hospital birth better.

No easy answer to that one. Home birthers would argue that a home birth is safer. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a home birth.

Im sure some of you have seen on fb but weve been dealing with alot here. Salma was in the ER with a 103 fever and the next day was cathed at the ped to find she had a baaaad UTI. She had some blood drawn and was given some antibiotic injection and has been on an oral for a few days now. She is feeling much better but once she is done with meds she will need to be cathed again to make sure the infection is gone then the following week we go to the Childrens Hospital to get a Kidney US and a VCUG done. Im soo sad for her. Somewhere in between there we also have to get her 4mo vaccines done. My poor baby girl has not had it easy. Please keep us in your thoughts.

I didn't realize either...I knew she was sick, but not that you had to take her to the hosp. Hoping that things will be back to normal for you guys soon!

Any other activity ideas anyone would like to share?

How is your public library? When we go there are always other little ones around Adam's age there that he plays with.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is home birth safe enough? I know it's a lot cheaper. My husband supports home birth. He's against the idea of hospital births. Where did you have your baby? Please comment. I like hospital birth better.

I wanted one but my husband is paranoid its his first, my 5th baby but he is scared. If we had a birthing centre I would of done that with a midwife in a heart beat. It would of been more comfortable for my husband too. I would have a midwife now if they had privileges in hospitals here. Arkansas is a bit behind. A friend loved her home birth and wished she did it with her first.

As for home births you need to make sure you are fully for it after all its your body not his. Look up some midwives and do your research, you will also have many ppl in general try to talk you out of it, so if you decide that is what you want you may want to tell just a select few. Also if you develop any thing that can complicate a home birth the Midwife would send you to an OB or they may have an OB in their office they use.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Wishing Salma the best

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

homw birth: I'm totally against it. but i may be a tad biased I work in L&D. :blush: while its not the norm, I do see many complications on a daily basis not just regarding baby but also mom. Would NEVER recommend it if it's you first baby and always have a "plan B" i.e. emergency transportation to a hospital, proper suction/oxygen and an experienced midwife. Do not attempt a homebirth to save money.

Lisa: go for it! what happened to your friend can happen to anyone regardless of maternal age. just stay positive, eat healthy, exercise etc and have faith, it will all work out. Of course with any pregnancy anything can happen but then you will just have to take it one day at a time like your friend. Her little one made it to 31 weeks. I have a nicu full of 32 weekers and they are all doing great. We just discharged 29w twins and they are doing wonderful too. Neonatal medicine is so much more advanced today than even just 8 years ago.

It's definitely twice as challenging with 2 kids but its so worth it!

Kel: aww I'm sorry you guys have to go through this! Wishing Salma a a speedy recovery!! At least she doesnt have to stay in the hospital for iv antibiotics. poor little girl

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I would never do a home birth. There was a gal on vj who lost her baby as a result of a home birth when she had a ruptured placenta. It was a tragedy. If it was me, I'd go birthing center close to hospital. Too many variables. Home births are for women in 3rd world nations. You can bet your sweet azz if they were asked to give birth in a hospital with competent doctors and nurses most would probably jump at the chance.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! We had a talk about it, and we're going to attempt baby #2. If it's meant to be, we will conceive. If it's not, we won't.

Here's my friend's FB status as of this morning:

Based on today's scan and meeting with the docs, all indications of threatened pre-term labour have gone!! We are eternally grateful for the love and faith from others on both sides of the Atlantic. You have been with us each step of the way...

Praise God!!!!

I wanted one but my husband is paranoid its his first, my 5th baby but he is scared. If we had a birthing centre I would of done that with a midwife in a heart beat. It would of been more comfortable for my husband too. I would have a midwife now if they had privileges in hospitals here. Arkansas is a bit behind. A friend loved her home birth and wished she did it with her first.

As for home births you need to make sure you are fully for it after all its your body not his. Look up some midwives and do your research, you will also have many ppl in general try to talk you out of it, so if you decide that is what you want you may want to tell just a select few. Also if you develop any thing that can complicate a home birth the Midwife would send you to an OB or they may have an OB in their office they use.

That shows he's a very caring man and is concerned about your health too. :yes:

Timeline

Well 11 days to go till my due date but after last night and today I'm starting to really think she will be here early. Woke up this morning to many so called signs that they say real labour is comming lol we shall see.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

@Kel, Hope Salma is feeling better!

@Lisa, Good luck Baby-dancing :thumbs:

We're thinking about trying for #2 towards the end of the year

I can tell you I had the birth from hell trying to give birth at a birthing center. It was the most horrible 36 hours of my life, and ended up having to be transported to a hospital for a Csection. Next time I'm having a hospital birth.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Update from my friend...you know, the one that just was cleared for all issues of threat of pre-term labor?

She delivered her daughter last night! She had just hit 31 wp.

The baby is in the NICU and is doing fine, she's 3lbs. If you a a person of faith and don't mind, please keep my friend and her family in your prayers.