Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Flagyl: definitely wait til your 2nd trimester. I don't think it's safe at all in the first trimester. Plus with Flagyl a lot of moms get intense side effects like nausea/vomiting which can be worse in the first trimester. Most mom's I see at the hospital that were treated with Flagyl- only in the second and third trimesters. But you have to weigh the pro's and con's if the benefit outweighs the risk then I would trust the doctor (i.e. your infection may significantly harm the fetus).

Caro: good luck with your business, I will check it out!!! and I will "like" your page! :)

So far nothing new here. Kai is 3 months old now- time flies!!! Ben had his 3 year check at the pedi this week. They tested his vision (he had to cover his eyes and then "read" some letters/shapes and I was shocked how cooperative the little stinker was! He got it all right. ANd then he even peed in the cup for the nurse like a pro, like he does it every day. LOL He is getting so big! He also had his first dentist appointment which went well! They flossed his teeth and brushed them and bombarded him with toys, it was a huge success. He loves the dentist. Now we just have to get past the second surgery on his neck in June.

My mom is visiting from Germany... not such a big help. I think I'm complaining about her here every year, haha. Every year the hubby and I make plans to go out when she comes but it never works out. SHe wants nothing to do with the kids. This year she said she wants to help us so we get some sleep but again, she could care less if Kai is screaming in his swing because I am in the bathroom wiping Ben's butt. *rolleyes* I have to pay the babysitter to come and watch the kids so I can take a nap after my nightshifts because she won't do it. It's really frustrating since we only see her twice/year but she absolutely does not interact with them. *vent end*.

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef, im sorry. My mom isnt in my kids lives either and when she does see them she interacts for 5 mins then she is done. It makes me sooo envious to see grandmas who will babysit for free and do everything for their grandbabies. My grandma was like my mother for me (she passed away in 08') and it breaks my heart that my kids will never have a grandma figure in their life with my mom and then Sofs family being in jordan. BTW. New pics of Kai please? He must be super big!!!

Caro, good luck with the business. They look super cute and I plan to order one for Salma :)

Were busy as always here. Salma is 4 months next week. Zaid will have his 3 yr checkup and Salma her 4 month at the same time (I have a feeling Zaid wont cooperate at all im dreading it) Pumping is still happening but my supply is even lower then before ever since i got my period.... About 20ozs a day and Salma drinks about 32oz so were supplementing. Im gonna pump until my milk disappears bc I feel like some is better then none. I planned to delay solids as long as I could due to Zaids food allergy but it seems like Salma is almost ready. Shes almost doubled her birth weight and is reaching for food which according to my ped is some good signs of readiness. Hopefully we can make it to at least 5 months bc food is such a PITA and I plan to make my own which is just another thing to add to my busy crazy days. Any tips from mamas who have done it? Salma also isnt sleeping through the night yet. I hope that day comes soon

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

Kelly: Kai is showing some interest in eating too I think! He is only 3 months old... He watches us eat and he stuffs his hands in his mouth I have a feeling he is not going to object to food. Ben did the same thing but it wasn't too hard to hold him off til the 6 month mark. The pedi told us 4 months was ok but I waited. I think he started with a few spoonfuls at 5 months. Ben has no food allergies so I really want to wait again and do only organic.

I mostly did earths best jars and when I made my own food I did simple stuff, like blended cooked carrots, peas, beans pears, apples, squash or fresh bananas and avocados. I mixed fruit and veggies with the happy bellies organic oatmeal for some nutrients like protein and iron. I never cooked him meat, I stuck to the jars for chicken or beef bc organic meat is too expensive to buy and make your own. idk with the kids I'm paranoid about organic because they are still growing and I don't want them to eat or drink anything with artificial stuff, dyes, hormones or HFCS. I am more relaxed with Ben now but when they are babies why feed them #######.

I also pay attention to never heat up plastic/BPA. I used to freeze babyfood I made in the blender in ice cube trays or silicone muffin trays and then just put in in bags and label them. Then I would heat them individually in a pot or in a bowl. Or just thaw out the fruit and blend it in with some oatmeal.

ABout the mother- yeah it's sad sometimes. She does love them but there is not much interaction. Ben is getting frustrated with her. At least we have my MIL. Although we soemtimes clash about parenting (like she likes to feed them #######) she is awesome with the kids. It's always like Santa is here when she comes over, she immediately takes over and the kids absolutely love her. When I went to school Ben spent a lot of time with her and it was really good for him. They have a very special bond and he learned a lot from "Gigi" . So at least he has one set of grandparents. It must be hard bec your hubby's parents cant be around.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ kelly: I just steam or bake the food, mash it up in the Cuisinart, put it into the freezer trays (baby cubes I think it's called, it's safe plastic or silicone) and once it is frozen, you can take the cubes out and put it into ziplocks. I have 2 ounce cubes I think. i'm gonna start with avocado though and see what will happen. Eloise watches us with interest when we eat, I think at 6 months she will be ready, while Jona hated food! I do get organic meat for us, we just eat less meat overall, so i will try that on her too for the excellent protein and iron in meat. My SIL had good experiences with that.

Eloise had her 4 months checkup yesterday, she weighes nearly 14 pounds (I forgot the measurements!) and basically is in or around the 50th percentile for everything. She can nearly do a pushup (50 degrees off the floor) and of course roll over. She talks so much it's so cute. :D

@ Steffi" That stinks. My parents love my kids, but they are not very capable of watching them. They just can't handle toddlers, it's like they haven't had a toddler in their care since I was one, so they sorta forgot how to do it. Plus they are always so nervous and afraid... MIL though is awesome. She loves to babysit, she obeys by the rules (aka organics and such ;) ), and she does well with them. She's a very relaxed person and has had toddlers in her life forever.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

Stef, I really want to do organic/make my own as well. Im surprised at how ignorant I was about everything with Zaid. We did feed him gerber jarred food but as soon as he started solids and cows milk we kept him on mostly organic til almost 2 yrs bc that is when I started learning about everything. I guess it never crossed my mind that "baby food" wasnt great quality. Im so thankful Zaid grew out of his allergies, but im just really hoping we wont have to deal with any of that with Salma.

My morning pump was down 2ozs this morning (Tear :( ) Im eating some oats and drinking water. I never thought Id take this so hard but the thought of strictly formula feeding makes me sad.(not judging those who do I just really like giving Salma bm) Im gonna sit on the pump for an hour or so tonight bc Salma is officially done nursing. She acts like im killing her when we try. Ah well.

Anna, thats great about Eloise!! Im excited to see how much Salma has grown since 2 months. If I had to guess I believe she is around 16lbs and 26.5 inches or so. Shes becoming quite chubby in her legs and belly, I love it. Salma does good at pushing up too but still isnt rolling over. She HATES being on her belly.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

wow Kai is a monster... he is around 18lbs now. at 3 months :lol:

kel: sorry your supply is going down. Pumping is really tough, I have a very hard time keeping up. During my 15hrs at work I sometimes only get maybe once or if I'm lucky twice 5 minutes. I talked to my supervisor but there is nothing they can do bc I'm all by myself most of the time. I have also had coworkers roll there eyes right in my face when I asked them to come in and cover for me to go pump or even to the bathroom! One night I was so frustrated I took the damn pump into the nicu and pumped there behind the code cart. F-them. Then I had a few nights when we had some really sick babies, it was so much stress keeping them alive, so when I finally did get to pump I dumped it bc I didn't want to feed him "liquid adrenaline". My supply was so low last week that I had to do formula for 2 days, then I had a few days off and nursed him every 20 minutes like day and night and all of a sudden the milkman came back! :) I'm exhausted though, it's a struggle. My mother bf and bottle fed me and I am ok, but I know what you're saying. Just when you compare bm and formula its gross. Formula smells like catfood, it looks different and his bowels function completely different when he was on formula. I try to avoid it. But I hate just looking at the stupid pump. lol.

about the baby food. I guess the European union is stricter when it comes to baby food. Most of it is already organic, you'd really have to look hard to find non-organic babyfood there. Eveyrthing is in glass jars- no BPA plastics. So I initially assumed the standards here would be the same or even better, but once Ben started to eat there were only like 3 different flavors of earths best. ANd out of these 3 he only liked the chicken dinner. So I had to make my own. When Ben was an infant I started to read labels on everything. Did you ever hear about the book skinny b!tch? That was a huge eye opener about food quality in the US.

Anna: where do you find organic meat in your state? I can' even find it in NY? stop&shop has some organic chicken for $9/lb but no place else sells certified organic meat. SO I buy mine at the farmers market where they "swear" it's hormone and animal by product free.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Steffi: Natural Grocer's has frozen organic meat. My King Soopers (Krogers chain) has some too. And once a month I go to Colorado, Wholefoods has all organic or natural (their natural means no hormones, no antibiotics and decent food for the animals). It's expensive, so we mostly stick with ground beef cause the organic ground beef per pound at our store is $4.75, that's ok for me. I wish it was more widely available, especially pork and chicken too so we have a variety. I would like to do fish more often, but only un-farmed, wild caught is ok, and that is so expensive, it is crazy. A pound of wild salmon is $15.99 at the store here. YIKES!!!!

Sorry about the pumping issues. I wish the laws were enforced more. And Kelly, I hope it goes back up for you. I do take the fennugreek daily without side effects, I always think I don't feel full so I get worried, but luckily Eloise's output (she pukes about 2-3 ounces after each nursing session) and diapers show she eats enough. Hang in there!

We were so busy recently. We put a swing set, cleaned up the garage, Jona got a twin bed and new room decor, I sewed 9 cutsie diapers that I wanted so badly and Eloise moved from the cosleeper into the crib which is right next to our bed. She sleeps much better there. I think the cosleeper's mattress is crappy.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

Anna, I know its far from funny but your puke comment made me LOL. Nothing like spitty babies. I have to hold a burp towel over Salmas face for 30 mins after she eats. Seems like its gotten better since I rid myself of coffee though. I think im gonna try the fenugreek again. My boobs feel soo deflated in the morning. no more engorgement feeling ever.

Stef, sorry your going through that. Just continue to nurse Kai nonstop on your days off. It should help regulate everything. Im grateful I have a quiet and private place to pump. My nephew just hit 18.5lbs at 4 months. Big boys!!!! and again...pic of Kai please????

I noticed the lack of variety in Earths best foods too which is why i think we will stick with making our own. I need a Babyfood making book for dummies bc I know nothing about it.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No experience with organic baby food here. My other kids never liked baby food and I don't think they made organic back then. I can't believe how time flies it seems all of you just had your babies and now are talking about baby food. Love the new pics btw.

I have less then 3 weeks to go and Braxon Hicks or prelabour depending on what book I read is kicking my butt. Has the husband freaked out he is so antsy every time I need to take it easy he asks if its time. Poor guy I'm going to drive him nuts for the next few weeks. I'm sure it didn't help that the doctor told him I was already 2cm dilated, I got checked cause the doctor couldn't tell where her head was he said I was hard to figure out but she was head down after all. So now its just wait and see when she wants to make her appearance. He figures she was about 5.5lbs at my last appointment so she shouldn't be too big when she comes.

Good luck everyone with BF and pumping hopefully you can keep going/get your supply back up and such. I should be starting that out sometime this month too.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

@ Steffi: Natural Grocer's has frozen organic meat. My King Soopers (Krogers chain) has some too. And once a month I go to Colorado, Wholefoods has all organic or natural (their natural means no hormones, no antibiotics and decent food for the animals). It's expensive, so we mostly stick with ground beef cause the organic ground beef per pound at our store is $4.75, that's ok for me. I wish it was more widely available, especially pork and chicken too so we have a variety. I would like to do fish more often, but only un-farmed, wild caught is ok, and that is so expensive, it is crazy. A pound of wild salmon is $15.99 at the store here. YIKES!!!!

Sorry about the pumping issues. I wish the laws were enforced more. And Kelly, I hope it goes back up for you. I do take the fennugreek daily without side effects, I always think I don't feel full so I get worried, but luckily Eloise's output (she pukes about 2-3 ounces after each nursing session) and diapers show she eats enough. Hang in there!

We were so busy recently. We put a swing set, cleaned up the garage, Jona got a twin bed and new room decor, I sewed 9 cutsie diapers that I wanted so badly and Eloise moved from the cosleeper into the crib which is right next to our bed. She sleeps much better there. I think the cosleeper's mattress is crappy.

maybe I should call the cops next time I work? lol oh man it blows even on nights when I have more time. its hard to interrupt my shift, go in a freezing cold room, take scrubs off, pump on the high setting bc I'm stressed and dont have much time. And then I could just cry bc every time I pump I should be holding my little boy and nursing him. oh well, it's all worth it.

Wow the prices for salmon are crazy. Idk I'd have a hard time finding that kind of salmon at our stores. Even the farm salmon costs around $11/lb.

More pics of Kai coming soon on fb

good luck Ontarkie, hope all goes well for you!!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi mommies,

Hope everyone is doing well. Sebas first fever came and went‎(First fever since I've been staying home with him)...so much easier caring for a sick LO as a SAHM!. He was only sick one day, and fever never got past 100.5. He was extra cuddly, took an extra nap and drank lots of apple juice :)

Sebas has been doing great with me at home, and I'm so much happier. I do want to keep him social and active, but it is a little difficult with the Texas summer already making it impossible to spend any time outdoors. For the moment, we go to the Children's Museum once a week, we have play date on Wednesday and swimming on Fridays. I'm going to my first MOMs meeting on WEdnesday, we'll see how we like it. Once I start making a little money I want him to start soccer too, and I'll be content. We also do music family time on Saturdays :) Any other activity ideas anyone would like to share? Is anyone here a MOMs member? MOMs Club Page

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi mommies,

Hope everyone is doing well. Sebas first fever came and went‎(First fever since I've been staying home with him)...so much easier caring for a sick LO as a SAHM!. He was only sick one day, and fever never got past 100.5. He was extra cuddly, took an extra nap and drank lots of apple juice :)

Sebas has been doing great with me at home, and I'm so much happier. I do want to keep him social and active, but it is a little difficult with the Texas summer already making it impossible to spend any time outdoors. For the moment, we go to the Children's Museum once a week, we have play date on Wednesday and swimming on Fridays. I'm going to my first MOMs meeting on WEdnesday, we'll see how we like it. Once I start making a little money I want him to start soccer too, and I'll be content. We also do music family time on Saturdays :) Any other activity ideas anyone would like to share? Is anyone here a MOMs member? MOMs Club Page

Saludos,

Caro

Caro, sounds great. I'm so happy for you. My inlaws have Enzo in a pre-jardin in Cordoba - he enjoys it a lot. Calls it "'cuela" and always says "nene, nena" about the kids. They're doing that to help socialize him. They bought him a soccer ball and he loves it. He can't pronounce pelota just yet, so he calls it "lola". My inlaws say he spends hours playing soccer in the back yard and they love to play with him too. When we call to talk with them, he gets feisty if it cuts into his soccer time. He'll pull on my MIL and say, "mamos". Too cute. :luv:

Filed: Timeline

Hi Mommies, LTNS. Been very busy and haven't stopped in here in a while.

Nick is doing great and all is well, thank God. He's cut his sixth tooth two days ago, he's been crawling like a maniac, standing up, saying MAMA, etc. He's hitting all his developmental benchmarks. I've even started bringing him in the pool at my parents' house, and he seems to like the water. We're trying to find an infant swim class that's not $60 a visit or just infants lumped in with up to 3YOs.

He has a few friends, and he's a very social baby, which is really cute to watch. He played with a friends' baby on Memorial Day, and they were so funny together...the vid hasn't gotten old yet, hehehe. Made us seriously start thinking about having another one. While it won't be like him and his friend Gabe (Gabe is older by 7 mos), we're thinking it would be good for him to have a sibling. I am an only child, but I grew up with cousins right around the corner, so I still had that daily interaction.

Well, we'd love another child, Nick is not our only motivation.

I have an IUD and if we truly decide we're going to do this, we're aiming to have it removed by September. I'm now 38, so if we're going to do this, I have to get my body in baby ready mode, so I need the summer.

I am a little apprehensive about doing this again though. Pregnant worried mommies please don't read the next bit:

I have a friend from HS, she now lives in England, with her hubby. She's a year older than me and is now going through her first pregnancy. At 25 weeks, she is 3cm dilated already! They rushed her to the hospital, and it's all been very crazy since. Spending the nights in a labor room because they think the baby's coming (so far she has held on, thank God), then transferring her back to a room....she's on complete hospital bedrest until delivery. Docs say it's healthier for her to deliver early than to take meds to prolong pregnancy. So everyday, I log onto FB, and she has updates that break my heart....'just reached 26 weeks, hold on baby!' and whatnot. While so far, she's still preggo, and hasn't delivered, and now it's about 31 weeks...my heart is not only breaking for her, but it's getting me nervous that I shouldn't tempt fate again. Sure, I had a few minor comps, but at the end of the day, Nick's perfect, and I'm concerned that perhaps I should 'stick' with the one child, and not risk it again.

So, that's what's on our minds right now.

Anyway, glad to see everyone's updates!!!

Timeline

Lisa, While the thought of loss is always on the mind of a pregnant women do not let that deter you from trying again. No pregnancy is like the other and you could very well have a 100% normal pregnancy the 2nd time around. Your still young!!

Im sure some of you have seen on fb but weve been dealing with alot here. Salma was in the ER with a 103 fever and the next day was cathed at the ped to find she had a baaaad UTI. She had some blood drawn and was given some antibiotic injection and has been on an oral for a few days now. She is feeling much better but once she is done with meds she will need to be cathed again to make sure the infection is gone then the following week we go to the Childrens Hospital to get a Kidney US and a VCUG done. Im soo sad for her. Somewhere in between there we also have to get her 4mo vaccines done. My poor baby girl has not had it easy. Please keep us in your thoughts.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png