Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

I'm not suggesting or advocating that anybody do it this way but here's what my wife and I did. And so far, so good.

My wife (k-1) had her medical in March in Costa Rica. CR requires that the k-1's complete all required vaccinations as part of the visa process, so she had to get the ones she was missing before she received a visa.

When we sent her AOS in late July, we did NOT include any parts of the I-693, only a copy of the DS-3025 worksheet and a note stating that she completed all vaccinations before the visa was approved and all those records were in her big yellow envelope.

We were just transferred to CSC, so I think that means that they accepted the DS-3025. I don't know if we can still receive an RFE for it or not.

This is what I am going to do - hoping to send it off today so will let people know how things go and when/if I get an RFE :D I'm kind of expecting one but figured I would take a chance if it means potentially saving a bunch of money :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
ok so this means when i get to america, i will have to be under this new procedure since my medical exam in my local country happened on July 17. correct??

il definitely be more asky on this thread when im already in the u.s.

Hi! See below... You'll be required to be in compliance with the TST, but not the new vaccine requirements.

Hi...

Here's some info from the USCIS website....

Date of Medical Exam

Do I have to submit the revised Form I-693?

Does the medical exam have to be done in accordance with the new TB requirements?

Do I have to receive the new vaccines (if age appropriate?)

Before June 1, 2008

No

No

No

June 1 – July 31, 2008

Yes Edition dates 4/2/08 and 6/5/08 are acceptable

Yes

No

On or after Aug. 1, 2008

Yes - must submit Edition date 6/5/08

Yes

Yes

Here's the link from where I got it...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

My mother-in-law (a nurse) made an interesting point, the other evening. Given that the x-ray is more conclusive (i.e., should the skin test flag positive, an x-ray is required), why, having already had an x-ray, is the skin test required?

Strange.

I completely agree! The x-ray is more conclusive. It seems ridiculous that now the TST is required as well.

hi there shannon! thanks for answering my question. btw, is the TB skin test should be done by a CS? and say treatments need to be done as well, should it be also by the CS?

Hi again! No prob. David and I went and had his immunity tests for the vaccines done at our family doctor and then the actual needed vaccine (from the old requirements, still needed second MMR) also at our local doctor. I would imagine that the skin test could also be done there as well. When you call the CS, ask and see. I asked and they were really friendly. I know that many people haven't had good experiences, but it's worth a try! Did you check the FAQs from the vaccine link?

Treatments?? Can someone with TB even enter the States? I don't know the answer to this one, sorry.

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I'm not suggesting or advocating that anybody do it this way but here's what my wife and I did. And so far, so good.

My wife (k-1) had her medical in March in Costa Rica. CR requires that the k-1's complete all required vaccinations as part of the visa process, so she had to get the ones she was missing before she received a visa.

When we sent her AOS in late July, we did NOT include any parts of the I-693, only a copy of the DS-3025 worksheet and a note stating that she completed all vaccinations before the visa was approved and all those records were in her big yellow envelope.

We were just transferred to CSC, so I think that means that they accepted the DS-3025. I don't know if we can still receive an RFE for it or not.

This is what I am going to do - hoping to send it off today so will let people know how things go and when/if I get an RFE :D I'm kind of expecting one but figured I would take a chance if it means potentially saving a bunch of money :)

It certainly does seem to be a toss up... some people are getting RFEs for not submitting the I-693 and others are not. I read a thread the other day that says that they received one for not submitting a I-693...

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the TB skin test done by your family doctor and then have the CS transfer the results to the I-693? Thanks

Grid

K-1 Timeline

12/11/07 I-129F Sent

12/12/07 I-129F Rec'd

12/17/07 NAO1 Rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am getting so frustrated, every CS in my area in Connecticut won't just transfer the information to the I-693, they are advising me that I have to have another full physical. I am so frustrated I don't know what to do. I try explaining it to them but they just say I have to have a physical. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Filed: Timeline
I am getting so frustrated, every CS in my area in Connecticut won't just transfer the information to the I-693, they are advising me that I have to have another full physical. I am so frustrated I don't know what to do. I try explaining it to them but they just say I have to have a physical. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Call Dr Arnold. (See first page)

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline

Did the same. If I get an RFE, I'll deal with it then. I actually asked the Immigration Officer at the POE if I could have a copy of his medical history (since 4 copies were in the envelope)...he didn't ask WHY he just handed it to me. I sent that with my AOS packet.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Call Dr Arnold. (See first page)

I just did! The lady was super nice. I am going to mail everything to them today! I can't believe the doctors here in CT ... brutal! They didn't even know what I was talking about. I actually spoke to one doctor this morning, he was so mean and rude! Thank god for this website or I don't know what I would do!

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the TB skin test done by your family doctor and then have the CS transfer the results to the I-693? Thanks

Grid

Yes, you can have the vaccinations done wherever you want, as long as you have documentation to show the CS.

Timeline

Let me this praise Dr. Arnold for a minute. I called them on Thursday August 21 (lady answered right away, didn't have to leave a message), sent the information and a $20 cheque out that today for next day delivery. I received my package back from them on Wednesday. I called them on Wednesday just to make sure they received my package and the lady advised they received in on Friday and put it in the mail priority post on Monday! I would highly recommend them to anyone! They are fast and not expensive! If I had found a CS here (which I didn't) that would've done it for me I don't think I would've had an appointment in the time it took me to mail and receive the information from Dr. Arnold! I highly recommend him to anyone!

They are fast and not expensive! If I had found a CS here (which I didn't) that would've done it for me I don't think I would've had an appointment in the time it took me to mail and receive the information from Dr. Arnold! I highly recommend him to anyone!

her! :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, here's one for all of you. My husband went through JFK last month, gave the IO his Ds-3025 and his medical packet and she never gave the DS 3025 back!!! What in the world do we do? Is there any way that we can get a copy of it? I doubt the Dr that he went in in Egypt has a copy of the immunization record so that is out. I really don't want him to get these shots again and risk him getting ill, he just had them in June. Please, any advice anyone has would be great.

Thank you!!!!

Erin and Gamal

Ok, here's one for all of you. My husband went through JFK last month, gave the IO his Ds-3025 and his medical packet and she never gave the DS 3025 back!!! What in the world do we do? Is there any way that we can get a copy of it? I doubt the Dr that he went in in Egypt has a copy of the immunization record so that is out. I really don't want him to get these shots again and risk him getting ill, he just had them in June. Please, any advice anyone has would be great.

Thank you!!!!

Erin and Gamal

Why did your husband give the officer his copy of the DS-3025? At the medical the doctor gives the applicant a copy of the DS-3025 to keep for his own records. A vaccination paper is already inside the sealed envelope, so the officer probably didn't ask for it. If your husband offered it upr, that mistake is gonna cost him some more shots. Or maybe he can do the test to see which vaccines he already has. Or there's a chance the place kept a copy of his medical/vaccination records.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you!!!!

Erin and Gamal

Why did your husband give the officer his copy of the DS-3025? At the medical the doctor gives the applicant a copy of the DS-3025 to keep for his own records. A vaccination paper is already inside the sealed envelope, so the officer probably didn't ask for it. If your husband offered it upr, that mistake is gonna cost him some more shots. Or maybe he can do the test to see which vaccines he already has. Or there's a chance the place kept a copy of his medical/vaccination records.

Wow that was so NOT helpful. My husband does not have perfect english, and when he landed in JFK the flight was already an hour late and there was about 40 people that had to go through immigration and then get to their connecting flights and the IO's were not helpful at all. The IO asked for his papers and he gave them to her, he didn't know that he was supposed to get that back.

Fortunately I had already scheduled an appointment for him with a CS to get the I693 signed off on when I found out that he didn't have the DS3025. So it will just end up costing more money.

Thanks for the GREAT help :wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you!!!!

Erin and Gamal

Wow that was so NOT helpful. My husband does not have perfect english, and when he landed in JFK the flight was already an hour late and there was about 40 people that had to go through immigration and then get to their connecting flights and the IO's were not helpful at all. The IO asked for his papers and he gave them to her, he didn't know that he was supposed to get that back.

Fortunately I had already scheduled an appointment for him with a CS to get the I693 signed off on when I found out that he didn't have the DS3025. So it will just end up costing more money.

Thanks for the GREAT help :wacko:

If you don't have the DS-3025 I guess you will just need to redo it all again with the CS and for him/her to fill out the vaccination part too..Meaning if your husbandreceived any vaccinations in egypt he will just have to redo it all again here with the CS. I think that will compensate the lost DS-3025..Please make copies of everything..just in case :blush: GOOd luck :thumbs:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.