Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is it okay to have the tubercullin test done by another doctor then have it transcribed by the CS?

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

Timeline
Is it okay to have the tubercullin test done by another doctor then have it transcribed by the CS?

I guess it depends on the CS if he/she will allow that. Like me I received my MMR and TD on a public health clinic and have the CS transcribed it to the I-693 form with his consent before I received the vaccination in the first place. It might be different with TB test. Best to talk to a CS first if you have a family physician and if he is willing to just transcribe it to I-693

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Ok, here's one for all of you. My husband went through JFK last month, gave the IO his Ds-3025 and his medical packet and she never gave the DS 3025 back!!! What in the world do we do? Is there any way that we can get a copy of it? I doubt the Dr that he went in in Egypt has a copy of the immunization record so that is out. I really don't want him to get these shots again and risk him getting ill, he just had them in June. Please, any advice anyone has would be great.

Hi. You can actually go to your family doctor and get immunity tests done. Is your husband already on your health insurance? Do you have health insurance?

Here are the FAQs for the new vaccine and TB requirements from USCIS...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Edited by Shannon and David

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi there shannon! thanks for answering my question. btw, is the TB skin test should be done by a CS? and say treatments need to be done as well, should it be also by the CS?

Hi again! No prob. David and I went and had his immunity tests for the vaccines done at our family doctor and then the actual needed vaccine (from the old requirements, still needed second MMR) also at our local doctor. I would imagine that the skin test could also be done there as well. When you call the CS, ask and see. I asked and they were really friendly. I know that many people haven't had good experiences, but it's worth a try! Did you check the FAQs from the vaccine link?

Treatments?? Can someone with TB even enter the States? I don't know the answer to this one, sorry.

i read the new TB guidelines out last May 2008. it mentions classifications of TB, wherein it says when you got a positive result on the test- there will STILL be a course of treatment. some gets positive especially for those who got BCG vaccine when they were babies..

source: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) document, Tuberculosis Component of the Technical Instructions to Civil Surgeons for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Timeline
hi there shannon! thanks for answering my question. btw, is the TB skin test should be done by a CS? and say treatments need to be done as well, should it be also by the CS?

Hi again! No prob. David and I went and had his immunity tests for the vaccines done at our family doctor and then the actual needed vaccine (from the old requirements, still needed second MMR) also at our local doctor. I would imagine that the skin test could also be done there as well. When you call the CS, ask and see. I asked and they were really friendly. I know that many people haven't had good experiences, but it's worth a try! Did you check the FAQs from the vaccine link?

Treatments?? Can someone with TB even enter the States? I don't know the answer to this one, sorry.

i read the new TB guidelines out last May 2008. it mentions classifications of TB, wherein it says when you got a positive result on the test- there will STILL be a course of treatment. some gets positive especially for those who got BCG vaccine when they were babies..

source: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) document, Tuberculosis Component of the Technical Instructions to Civil Surgeons for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States.

Yep... we mentioned this earlier. I had a live TB vaccine as a baby as well and tested positive for TB for a skin test. The X-ray proves that you don't have it if you have the vaccine (which I did prove). Hence the reason that some of us were wondering why in the world a skin test is needed at all, when the X-ray is the real answer. :wacko: Yay regulations!

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

Filed: Timeline

source: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) document, Tuberculosis Component of the Technical Instructions to Civil Surgeons for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States.

Yep... we mentioned this earlier. I had a live TB vaccine as a baby as well and tested positive for TB for a skin test. The X-ray proves that you don't have it if you have the vaccine (which I did prove). Hence the reason that some of us were wondering why in the world a skin test is needed at all, when the X-ray is the real answer. :wacko: Yay regulations!

Makes no sense to me either. I didn't bother to have my husband do one. If we get an RFE we'll deal with it then...to me it's a bunch of rubbish. Just like asking a pregnant woman to take a TB test, okay she test positive now what...you want to x-ray here and she's pregnant...heck not, not me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi there!

I am going to file for my AOS after my wedding on Oct 4th and I am wondering if anyone here is from Omaha, NE. I am actually living in Iowa but we are probably an hour away from Omaha and almost all the CS are from there. So I am wondering if you could recommend one to me that don't charge an unreasonable amount for the vaccination and all. Plus he/she won't make you go through the whole medical examination since I am filing it within a year from my K-1 visa and I went through medical examination in my country. Therefore, it would help me a great deal if you could recommend a CS for me to go to.

Thanks!

Timeline
Hi there!

I am going to file for my AOS after my wedding on Oct 4th and I am wondering if anyone here is from Omaha, NE. I am actually living in Iowa but we are probably an hour away from Omaha and almost all the CS are from there. So I am wondering if you could recommend one to me that don't charge an unreasonable amount for the vaccination and all. Plus he/she won't make you go through the whole medical examination since I am filing it within a year from my K-1 visa and I went through medical examination in my country. Therefore, it would help me a great deal if you could recommend a CS for me to go to.

Thanks!

Hi... have you checked out the CS locator? I would give them each a call and find out who's knowledgeable about the process. That's how I made my decision. Also ask how much exactly (don't let them talk you into a 2nd medical either, you don't need it). If they know the rules (just a transcription please) and it's cheap, go there.

Hopefully someone from NE can help you as well. If you want specific info, I would probably start a new thread in regards to this...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I have a quick question so I thought I would ask in this thread instead of starting a new one for something that has probably been asked ALOT.

I was reading:

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

I Completed the medical, but not the Vaccinations, I decided to leave the HPV until I get to the USA , does this mean I should Include a copy of the form The medical place gave me AND complete form I-693 after I have the first HPV Jab?

Cheers

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Timeline
I have a quick question so I thought I would ask in this thread instead of starting a new one for something that has probably been asked ALOT.

I was reading:

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

I Completed the medical, but not the Vaccinations, I decided to leave the HPV until I get to the USA , does this mean I should Include a copy of the form The medical place gave me AND complete form I-693 after I have the first HPV Jab?

Cheers

Aside from the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (DS 3025) the completed I-693 will also need to be submitted. After the administration of the first dose of HPV the Civil Surgeon will put that in your I-693 form and transcribed the rest of vaccination acquired from the DS-3025 form. Good luck to you :thumbs:

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, here's one for all of you. My husband went through JFK last month, gave the IO his Ds-3025 and his medical packet and she never gave the DS 3025 back!!! What in the world do we do? Is there any way that we can get a copy of it? I doubt the Dr that he went in in Egypt has a copy of the immunization record so that is out. I really don't want him to get these shots again and risk him getting ill, he just had them in June. Please, any advice anyone has would be great.

Thank you!!!!

Erin and Gamal

Why did your husband give the officer his copy of the DS-3025? At the medical the doctor gives the applicant a copy of the DS-3025 to keep for his own records. A vaccination paper is already inside the sealed envelope, so the officer probably didn't ask for it. If your husband offered it upr, that mistake is gonna cost him some more shots. Or maybe he can do the test to see which vaccines he already has. Or there's a chance the place kept a copy of his medical/vaccination records.

Wow that was so NOT helpful. My husband does not have perfect english, and when he landed in JFK the flight was already an hour late and there was about 40 people that had to go through immigration and then get to their connecting flights and the IO's were not helpful at all. The IO asked for his papers and he gave them to her, he didn't know that he was supposed to get that back.

Fortunately I had already scheduled an appointment for him with a CS to get the I693 signed off on when I found out that he didn't have the DS3025. So it will just end up costing more money.

Thanks for the GREAT help :wacko:

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you wanted an honest answer. I didn't know you wanted it sugar-coated. :unsure: If you had done your research, you would have known that the only thing he needed to submit at POE was the sealed enevlope. He wasn't supposed to get anything back from the IO. :wacko: Ok, so it wasn't his fault, it was yours.

I've read through most of this thread and am having a hard time finding an answer to my question...so I'm sorry if it's one of those simple questions that gets asked all the time, please bear with me and answer it again and I promise in the near future I'll start answering it for other people. :) We are applying for AOS from K1 status. He had his medical on August 8th and was required to get all of the vaccinations, he has his DS-3025 and was passed on everything (obviously, since he's here now), but he did NOT have the skin TB test. From reading this thread, that is required now, right? He needs to see a doctor (any doctor), get the test done, then we have it transcribed by a CS to an I-693? Is there a simpler way to do this since we don't need anything else on the I-693?

Thanks for your help!

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Timeline
I've read through most of this thread and am having a hard time finding an answer to my question...so I'm sorry if it's one of those simple questions that gets asked all the time, please bear with me and answer it again and I promise in the near future I'll start answering it for other people. :) We are applying for AOS from K1 status. He had his medical on August 8th and was required to get all of the vaccinations, he has his DS-3025 and was passed on everything (obviously, since he's here now), but he did NOT have the skin TB test. From reading this thread, that is required now, right? He needs to see a doctor (any doctor), get the test done, then we have it transcribed by a CS to an I-693? Is there a simpler way to do this since we don't need anything else on the I-693?

Thanks for your help!

Some people don't include I-693 and didn't receive any RFE..although there are more who receive RFE when they don't submit I-693 "even if there's nothing in there really to transcribe for them" but Not age appropriate etc... BUT still is the better way..to have it transcribe and sign by the CS as it will AVOID any RFE for that or any thinking of "WHAT IFs". :thumbs:

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

Thanks for your help!

Some people don't include I-693 and didn't receive any RFE..although there are more who receive RFE when they don't submit I-693 "even if there's nothing in there really to transcribe for them" but Not age appropriate etc... BUT still is the better way..to have it transcribe and sign by the CS as it will AVOID any RFE for that or any thinking of "WHAT IFs". :thumbs:

And we can just do the TB section, but include a note saying that the medical report from before the K-1 visa interview was included in the packet from the embassy?

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.