Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

The worst part is that this implies that all the K1s now basically have to pay for 2 medicals, since the CS`s overseas keep stating that none

of their documents or requirements for the exams changed and in Belgium they don`t even do the skin test ( everybody immediately gets an Xray).

I tried helping a friend of mine who is currently going through the K1 medical in Belgium and the civil surgeon told her yesterday (!!!) that he wasn`t even willing to do the skin test...

So although my friend knows about the changed requirements, that would imply that she would have to also pay for a second medical exam,

since they don`t transcribe these results without a full medical...mmm...sounds as an easy way to make money to me.

I don`t think too highly of all these CS`s, and I have the impression that I am not the only one on this forum.

I had my exam in July, in Brussels, and also just had the X-rays done. No mention of any skin test. (but then again, not even any mention of X-rays... I was told to undress, to stand somewhere against a wall, and the X-rays were taken without even any explanation. I was not even asked if I was pregnant.)

If since June, doctors performing the medicals for CIS are required to do the TB skin test, then I would think that civil surgeons that do not perform them are in violation of CIS directives. So it might be useful to report this to the Consulates. Your friend can email the Consulate about this too, prior to her interview, but it might delay things if she has to get the skin test done there anyway.

PS this is not only a problem for K1 visa holders btw.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

DAMIAN--

Brilliant letter your wrote to Dr. Arnold. :thumbs: You can turn on the proper Queen's English, can't you dude? I'll be interested to see what you find out since we will proceed down that path when we get the RFE on the medical bit. So far the AOS has passed from the NBC or whatever the place is called you mail it, to the California Service Center without them giving us the big reject. I guess whatever they check for was complete enough for them to transfer it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
DAMIAN--

Brilliant letter your wrote to Dr. Arnold. :thumbs: You can turn on the proper Queen's English, can't you dude?

Thanks, Nich. You know, I think someone on this site is starting to "get me." ;)

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Timeline

i haven't received a call back from dr. arnold's office. i called them yesterday 12:30 in the afternoon and today 8:30 am (california time) and i haven't heard from them. i'm running out of time and i need to submit my aos package. i have read from other posts that they call within the day but they haven't. :help:

Filed: Timeline
i haven't received a call back from dr. arnold's office. i called them yesterday 12:30 in the afternoon and today 8:30 am (california time) and i haven't heard from them. i'm running out of time and i need to submit my aos package. i have read from other posts that they call within the day but they haven't. :help:

ooops i just received a call from them. but i forgot to verify their mailing address. can someone tell me if this is dr. arnold's latest mailing address? i know there are other members who had posted his address, but just wanna make sure if this is correct:

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 114

Austin, TX 78745

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
"Dear Dr Arnold

I am writing to you to request information/clarification on the process of vaccination transcription, a service which I believe you offer to new immigrants wanting to adjust status.

Whilst the process would seem to be fairly straightforward, there seems to be some confusion regarding the transcription of the Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) onto the I-693 form. As I’m sure you must be aware, all K1 visa medicals conducted after June 1st, 2008, require that a TST be carried out, irrespective of the fact that a chest x-ray (which one would assume is far more conclusive with regard to determining the presence of TB) is mandatory at the medical.

There are a lot of people from the online immigration community in which I participate, visajourney.com, that have spoken of being in touch with your office with regard to the TST issue, only to be met with rather ambiguous/confusing responses. Here is an excerpt from such a post:

“We spoke with Dr. Arnold's office who told us that they do not transcribe the TB skin test and she made it sound like it was not required if you had the X-rays.”

As such, I have enclosed a copy of the latest I-693 form (downloaded from the USCIS website) and highlighted the relevant section (section 2 A) which clearly states that the civil surgeon must fill it in, along with the other parts of the vaccination/medical areas.

I have enclosed a pre-paid envelope to facilitate your reply, (you may keep the form!!) and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards

Damian P"

Watch this space!

OK, I received a reply, and here's what it says:

"Dear Mr P

We are in receipt of your letter. The TST is not an immunization, but part of the medical exam. We are only authorized to transfer your immuniztions to the proper form. The physician who does the medical exam is responsible for the TST. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Sincerely

Jean Durocher, RN"

So there ya go. They won't transcribe the TST because it's not an immunization, and it should have been done by the folks at Knightsbridge (or wherever ou had your medical done). Oh well, at least we know now.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

I thought the reason we didn't have the TB skin test in the UK was because most children are vaccinated against TB so the skin test will nearly always show a false positive so there will always have to be an x-ray done anyway.

Thanks for the information Damian.

I understand her point that it's not an immunization, but it could be transcribed as easily to the form. I wonder when she will figure out her little side business of transcription isn't going to be needed if one still needs another Civil Surgeon to fill in the TB test part?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I understand her point that it's not an immunization, but it could be transcribed as easily to the form. I wonder when she will figure out her little side business of transcription isn't going to be needed if one still needs another Civil Surgeon to fill in the TB test part?

Precisely. I have a horrible feeling that I'm going to need to fork out another few hundred bucks for a repeat medical once I get over there.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Precisely. I have a horrible feeling that I'm going to need to fork out another few hundred bucks for a repeat medical once I get over there.

I'm worried about that exact same thing. We mailed our packet on Friday and included a copy of the TST test...so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. No point worrying about an unknown when we have so many other things to be concerned about.

I'm not sure about the TB immunization/test meaning a false positive...I'm pretty sure I was immunized for it and I've had a couple of skin tests that have always shown completely negative. Maybe I have my immunizations wrong.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Can someone post Dr. Arnold's current phone number please? I have called his office several times during business hours and get no answer and no machine, or voicemail or anything... seems strange for a doctor's office.

Does he ever tell people if they haven't had all the needed immunizations??? I read the Center for Disease Control Website and it seemed to indicate that my 47 year old husband only needed the DPT, MMR and we did the titer test for Varicella (Chicken Pox) and he's had it so it seems to me this is all he needs... The nurse at the County Health Dept said she couldn't think of anything else he would need.

Anyone else this age that was told to get anything else???

Thanks in advance for any info you can share... (I can't even think about the TB issue... everyone in Egypt fails skin tests so I hear... so I guess we'll end up needing one of those and ANOTHER Chest X-ray.... )

K

Hey everybody.

I had a BCG shot a few days after birth, and also two tests (Tine & Tuberge) in 1991. Everything is stated in my vaccinations records, so I'll ask the doctor to transcribe or at least note it on the medical I have next week. Since it was a live vaccine, every test would be positive I suppose. I'll update you next week.

I also found this on wikipedia:

"If a person has had a history of a positive tuberculin skin test, another skin test is not needed."

K1 at VSC 06/13/08 - 12/18/08 - DONE!

AOS at MSC/CSC 04/07/09 - 07/08/09 - DONE!

bfhrm4.png

ROC at VSC

03/25/2011 Mailed ROC to VSC via USPS

03/28/2011 ROC was delivered to VSC

04/04/2011 Received NOA dated 03/29/2011

04/25/2011 Received biometric appointment letter

05/05/2011 Early biometrics done in Alexandria, VA

[05/20/2011 Biometrics appointment in Alexandria, VA]

10/18/2011 Received email saying "Card production ordered"

Can someone post Dr. Arnold's current phone number please? I have called his office several times during business hours and get no answer and no machine, or voicemail or anything... seems strange for a doctor's office.

Does he ever tell people if they haven't had all the needed immunizations??? I read the Center for Disease Control Website and it seemed to indicate that my 47 year old husband only needed the DPT, MMR and we did the titer test for Varicella (Chicken Pox) and he's had it so it seems to me this is all he needs... The nurse at the County Health Dept said she couldn't think of anything else he would need.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share... (I can't even think about the TB issue... everyone in Egypt fails skin tests so I hear... so I guess we'll end up needing one of those and ANOTHER Chest X-ray.... )

K

I contacted the office last month using the information on the first page of this post:

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

That sounds right about the immunizations. Dr. Arnold's office will tell you what immunizations they need to verify for your age/sex. My husband is 37 and only needed the three you mentioned (varicella was just listed as having a history and they said that was fine). Good luck!

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

K

I contacted the office last month using the information on the first page of this post:

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

That sounds right about the immunizations. Dr. Arnold's office will tell you what immunizations they need to verify for your age/sex. My husband is 37 and only needed the three you mentioned (varicella was just listed as having a history and they said that was fine). Good luck!

Thanks I'll just keep calling. So strange for a doctor's office not to have at least an answering machine!

K

On Wednesday, my wife's AOS was approved, and we just sent the DS-3025. Her medical exam was in late March, before the changes in May and July. She was approved without an RFE. I wouldn't recommend doing this if your medical was after June 1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.