Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

If your medical exam overseas was done less than 1 year before you are applying for AOS, you don't need a new exam. All you need is for a CS to transcribe (basically copy) the DS-3025 onto an I-693. Only the vaccinations part and sign part 5, that's it. He doesn't need to fill out parts 2 (medical exam), 3, and 4.

Read the instructions to the I-693 on page 4, section III: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

As far as the new TB test... read this webpage. Look at the table towards the bottom of the page. It tells you if you need it based on the date of your medical exam: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

*If your medical exam was after June 1, 2008 which it looks like it was... you will need the new TB test. And I believe the CS will also need to complete Part 2.2 of I-693, the section where he records TB test results.

Edited by kid brooklyn

If your medical exam overseas was done less than 1 year before you are applying for AOS, you don't need a new exam. All you need is for a CS to transcribe (basically copy) the DS-3025 onto an I-693. Only the vaccinations part and sign part 5, that's it. He doesn't need to fill out parts 2 (medical exam), 3, and 4.

Read the instructions to the I-693 on page 4, section III: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

As far as the new TB test... read this webpage. Look at the table towards the bottom of the page. It tells you if you need it based on the date of your medical exam: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

*If your medical exam was after June 1, 2008 which it looks like it was... you will need the new TB test. And I believe the CS will also need to complete Part 2.2 of I-693, the section where he records TB test results.

I saw someone say this before...but it's just dumb that he needs to get the TB test when they already did the x-ray and that's more conclusive anyway. I did see that some people have filed without the I-693, by just including a copy of the DS-3025 and have had no problems, but it's iffy whether you get an RFE or not, right?

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

I saw someone say this before...but it's just dumb that he needs to get the TB test when they already did the x-ray and that's more conclusive anyway. I did see that some people have filed without the I-693, by just including a copy of the DS-3025 and have had no problems, but it's iffy whether you get an RFE or not, right?

Some people have just sent in a DS-3025 and gotten approved. My wife and I did it in July and we have her EAD and AP already and hoping for AOS approval within a month, and still no RFE. But my wife's original exam was in April (before June 1), so she doesn't require the new TB test. Since your exam was probably after Jun1, you will require a TB test and not just the X-ray.

Read this page, the 4th question down talks about x-ray versus test: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi!

I just called up a few CS in Omaha, NE. It seems that I have to pay USD350 for the shots and I am confused as to what vaccinations that I need to take. I had MMR and Varicella when I did my medical examination for my K-1 visa. But I was told that I need Hepatitis B, Flu shot even when it was stated in my previous medical exam that it was not age appropriate for me. Can someone tell me or could refer me somewhere so I can determine what shots I would need and not get cheated by the CS? Another thing they told is that they only accept cash and would not bill it under my husband health insurance.

I hope someone here could help me with this. Thanks a lot!

I just called up a few CS in Omaha, NE. It seems that I have to pay USD350 for the shots and I am confused as to what vaccinations that I need to take. I had MMR and Varicella when I did my medical examination for my K-1 visa. But I was told that I need Hepatitis B, Flu shot even when it was stated in my previous medical exam that it was not age appropriate for me.

You don't have to get the vaccines from the CS. Go to your primary doctor and get them under your insurance if possible. Or go to a public clinic where you can get them for free or a reduced fee. The CS's are total CROOKS who take advantage of people who don't know they have other options. Bring the documentation back to the CS and get them to transcribe the info onto an I-693 form. You may find that even if you bring documentation of all the vaccines, they will still try to charge you an exorbitant amount just to fill out the form, or try to convince you that you need another exam. If your exam is less than 1 year old, you don't.

Can someone tell me or could refer me somewhere so I can determine what shots I would need and not get cheated by the CS?

Here is the adult schedule. Read the notes for each vaccine it tells you what age is appropriate. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules...edule-11x17.pdf

Another thing they told is that they only accept cash and would not bill it under my husband health insurance.

Of course, they don't accept insurance. Insurance only pays them pennies, compared to a cash patient. You will find that many doctors (even PCP's) will claim to not accept insurance to give vaccines and such if the reason is "immigration". When they hear the word "immigration" the sound cha ching pops into their heads. But they are supposed to give you vaccines that you want, no matter what the reason is. All health plans cover preventative care.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Btw, if you need both Hep A and B vaccines, there is a combination vaccine called Twinrix. It's a 3 shot dose, instead of 5 shots done separately.

Timeline

Hi kid brooklyn!

Thank you so much for your reply. According to the link you gave me, it doesn't really said that I would need the Hep A & B but I would need the HPV. Do you think I should get the Hep A & B and the HPV just to be on the safe side?

After I posted the earlier post, I actually called up another 10 CSs in Omaha. They all required me to go through physical as the doctors wouldn't sign my I-693. So right now, I am thinking of just determining what shots I would need and then call Dr Arnold to transcribe it for me.

Apart from that, would I need a TB skin test? I did my medical exam back in my country in May 2008. If I understand that regulations correctly, it said that those that are done after June 2008 would need to meet that requirement. So does that mean that the doctor will just need to transcribe the report from my previous medical exam?

Anyway, it is really frustrating to call doctor after doctor and none of them would sign or transcribe my DS-3025 to I-693 and one place told me that they are charging USD500 for all the shots including the physical.

It would be of great help if someone from Omaha could shed some light on some good ethical CS. Thanks!

You're welcome.

According to the link you gave me, it doesn't really said that I would need the Hep A & B but I would need the HPV. Do you think I should get the Hep A & B and the HPV just to be on the safe side?

As far as I know, Hep A & B are required. They are on the list. All those are required, based on age and sex.

After I posted the earlier post, I actually called up another 10 CSs in Omaha. They all required me to go through physical as the doctors wouldn't sign my I-693. So right now, I am thinking of just determining what shots I would need and then call Dr Arnold to transcribe it for me.

Like I said, most of them are total CROOKS when it comes to immigration.

Apart from that, would I need a TB skin test? I did my medical exam back in my country in May 2008. If I understand that regulations correctly, it said that those that are done after June 2008 would need to meet that requirement. So does that mean that the doctor will just need to transcribe the report from my previous medical exam?

Probably not. They look at the date of exam (which was in your brown envelope at POE), and go by the regulations in effect then. If yours was May, the new TB test wasn't mandatory.

Read this WHOLE page: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Timeline

Thanks for your help again kid brooklyn!

So you think I should get the Hep A & B shots huh? I know I have to get the tetanus shot too but I am not sure if I need the HPV. I am going to be 29 in December. So if there are females out there who is around my age group and have gone through with the vaccination process, please let me know if I am require to get the HPV shot cos it it really costly. My local medical clinic told me it consists of 3 shots and each costs 300 dollars!

I think that should be all for now. Hopefully I won't hit another bump... Thanks guys!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for your help again kid brooklyn!

So you think I should get the Hep A & B shots huh? I know I have to get the tetanus shot too but I am not sure if I need the HPV. I am going to be 29 in December. So if there are females out there who is around my age group and have gone through with the vaccination process, please let me know if I am require to get the HPV shot cos it it really costly. My local medical clinic told me it consists of 3 shots and each costs 300 dollars!

I think that should be all for now. Hopefully I won't hit another bump... Thanks guys!

HPV IS UP TO 26 YEARS OLD ONLY

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Hi everyone,

After I entered the US end of August on a K3 visa, and after not focusing on any immigration red-tape for a while, we are now getting back up to speed for Adjustment of Status.

Problem: info about my medical and vaccinations is missing. I had the medical exam for the K3 visa in July, and at the same time got the vaccinations I still needed, but (stupid, I know) cannot find the copy of this examination. I called the doctor's office and they told me they do not keep any records of those files (!).

I called USCIS, and they told me we didn't need to worry about this at present, when filing the I-485 because, since I arrived on K3, the medical info would have been included in the brown envelop that I gave to the POE officer, so USCIS should already have it. I would be contacted lateron by CIS should any problem about the medical arise. (However, since USCIS people on the infoline are not always that accurate, I am not sure if this info is correct.)

I also called a civil surgeon that is on the USCIS list here where we live, and they told me that if I have no proof of vaccinations, I have to get them all redone (the ones that are age appropriate). Since we are trying to get a baby, I am not looking forward to that.

So I am now not sure what would be the best at present:

- just file the AOS package without any reference to the medical (not even the vaccinations, which I got but which I cannot prove): if they send us an RFE for this (which seems likely, when I read the previous posts), will there still be enough time to get a new medical? And what are the negative consequences of getting such an RFE, apart from extra delays?

- OR wait a few weeks longer before filing AOS and just get a new medical and update the vaccinations again here: Unless I am mistaken, we would be okay legally if we postpone filing for AOS, as long as we file for AOS before expiry of the K3-visa, right?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cat

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

I'm baaaaack. :) Has anyone filed post-TB skin test requirement by just sending in the DS-3025 and the TB skin test results from the doctor's office with their AOS packet?

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi kid brooklyn!

Thank you so much for your reply. According to the link you gave me, it doesn't really said that I would need the Hep A & B but I would need the HPV. Do you think I should get the Hep A & B and the HPV just to be on the safe side?

Anyway, it is really frustrating to call doctor after doctor and none of them would sign or transcribe my DS-3025 to I-693 and one place told me that they are charging USD500 for all the shots including the physical.

It would be of great help if someone from Omaha could shed some light on some good ethical CS. Thanks!

Hi,

You had your exam in May, therefore you do not need the TB skin test. Please see the requirements here:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Here are the impt dates from that website.

Date of Medical Exam

Do I have to submit the revised Form I-693?

Does the medical exam have to be done in accordance with the new TB requirements?

Do I have to receive the new vaccines (if age appropriate?)

Before June 1, 2008

No

No

No

June 1 – July 31, 2008

Yes Edition dates 4/2/08 and 6/5/08 are acceptable

Yes

No

On or after Aug. 1, 2008

Yes - must submit Edition date 6/5/08

Yes

Yes

Here are the instructions from the I-485, page 4 in regards to the medical.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Do not let the doctor try to get you to do more than you need, a new medical is not needed if you've had your medical in the last year. It says so clearly in the instructions for the I-693. David and I paid $25 for the transcription. Call around to different Civil Surgeons or use Dr. Arnold on the first page of the I-693 info (see link below).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101202

Go with copies of all the printed documents. The I-693 instructions and the print out of the website that I gave you above.

Here are the I-693 instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Hi everyone,

After I entered the US end of August on a K3 visa, and after not focusing on any immigration red-tape for a while, we are now getting back up to speed for Adjustment of Status.

Problem: info about my medical and vaccinations is missing. I had the medical exam for the K3 visa in July, and at the same time got the vaccinations I still needed, but (stupid, I know) cannot find the copy of this examination. I called the doctor's office and they told me they do not keep any records of those files (!).

I called USCIS, and they told me we didn't need to worry about this at present, when filing the I-485 because, since I arrived on K3, the medical info would have been included in the brown envelop that I gave to the POE officer, so USCIS should already have it. I would be contacted lateron by CIS should any problem about the medical arise. (However, since USCIS people on the infoline are not always that accurate, I am not sure if this info is correct.)

I also called a civil surgeon that is on the USCIS list here where we live, and they told me that if I have no proof of vaccinations, I have to get them all redone (the ones that are age appropriate). Since we are trying to get a baby, I am not looking forward to that.

- just file the AOS package without any reference to the medical (not even the vaccinations, which I got but which I cannot prove): if they send us an RFE for this (which seems likely, when I read the previous posts), will there still be enough time to get a new medical? And what are the negative consequences of getting such an RFE, apart from extra delays?

- OR wait a few weeks longer before filing AOS and just get a new medical and update the vaccinations again here: Unless I am mistaken, we would be okay legally if we postpone filing for AOS, as long as we file for AOS before expiry of the K3-visa, right?

Cat

Hi,

You can go to a doctor and get immunity tests done to see what you do not need. A CS should be able to tell you exactly which ones you need. I did this for David over the phone...

You've got to call around to get someone good! We paid $25 for the transcription and for the above information.

RFEs = time delays.

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Hi kid brooklyn!

Hi,

You had your exam in May, therefore you do not need the TB skin test. Please see the requirements here:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Here are the impt dates from that website.

Date of Medical Exam

Do I have to submit the revised Form I-693?

Does the medical exam have to be done in accordance with the new TB requirements?

Do I have to receive the new vaccines (if age appropriate?)

Before June 1, 2008

No

No

No

June 1 – July 31, 2008

Yes Edition dates 4/2/08 and 6/5/08 are acceptable

Yes

No

On or after Aug. 1, 2008

Yes - must submit Edition date 6/5/08

Yes

Yes

Here are the instructions from the I-485, page 4 in regards to the medical.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Do not let the doctor try to get you to do more than you need, a new medical is not needed if you've had your medical in the last year. It says so clearly in the instructions for the I-693. David and I paid $25 for the transcription. Call around to different Civil Surgeons or use Dr. Arnold on the first page of the I-693 info (see link below).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101202

Go with copies of all the printed documents. The I-693 instructions and the print out of the website that I gave you above.

Here are the I-693 instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Hi everyone,

Cat

Hi,

You can go to a doctor and get immunity tests done to see what you do not need. A CS should be able to tell you exactly which ones you need. I did this for David over the phone...

You've got to call around to get someone good! We paid $25 for the transcription and for the above information.

RFEs = time delays.

Thanks for much for the info in this and the other thread, Shannon. I am going to try and get this test done as well, and will call around for a different CS. Have a great weekend!

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm a wee bit confused, on the link KidBrooklyn provided -- http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules...edule-11x17.pdf , it says on the lower chart that Hep A & B is required, on my DS-3025 it says that they are not age appropriate I had my Medical September 11th, does this mean I will have to have both Hep A and B even though there is no indication that I need them?. It says at the bottom "For all persons in this category who meet the age requirements and who lack evidence of immunity (e.g., lack documentation of vaccination or have no proof of previous infection) with the age requirement for both of those being under 18 months.

So far me being a 22 Year old Female from Scotland my list is:

HPV

TB Skintest

I have to say thanks to Shannon&David and KidBrooklyn for keeping this thread updated with useful information and tips to those of us who are trying to get a head start on AOS!.

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.