Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hey guys

I've sent my DS 3025 with my I 485 application and I got an RFE asking for me to have a CS filling up part 2 and 5 of the I 693...

I've realized I don't have the DS 3025 (can't believe I forgot to make a copy!)

I'm also wondering if him being in Texas and me in Wisconsin is a problem for the USCIS....

Does Dr Arnold require it? I think I'm gonna call him tomorrow! Thanks for the great advice!

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-12

NVC Left : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Received : 2008-02-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-03-05

Interview Date : 2008-03-20

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : 2008-05-04

Marriage : 2008-05-23

I'm a wee bit confused, on the link KidBrooklyn provided -- http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules...edule-11x17.pdf, it says on the lower chart that Hep A & B is required, on my DS-3025 it says that they are not age appropriate I had my Medical September 11th, does this mean I will have to have both Hep A and B even though there is no indication that I need them?. It says at the bottom "For all persons in this category who meet the age requirements and who lack evidence of immunity (e.g., lack documentation of vaccination or have no proof of previous infection) with the age requirement for both of those being under 18 months.

So far me being a 22 Year old Female from Scotland my list is:

I'm almost positive that Hep A/B vaccines are given to everybody, even kids. I'm not sure why the doctor marked "Not age appropriate".

I'm a wee bit confused, on the link KidBrooklyn provided -- http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules...edule-11x17.pdf, it says on the lower chart that Hep A & B is required, on my DS-3025 it says that they are not age appropriate I had my Medical September 11th, does this mean I will have to have both Hep A and B even though there is no indication that I need them?. It says at the bottom "For all persons in this category who meet the age requirements and who lack evidence of immunity (e.g., lack documentation of vaccination or have no proof of previous infection) with the age requirement for both of those being under 18 months.

So far me being a 22 Year old Female from Scotland my list is:

I'm almost positive that Hep A/B vaccines are given to everybody, even kids. I'm not sure why the doctor marked "Not age appropriate".

My husband has the same thing marked on his DS 3025. Several of them are marked age inappropriate. We are going to file because his medical was done in August, so hopefully the doctor knew what he was doing.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I am confused...

After reading all the different posts concerning the vaccinations and the I 693.

In the first post of this topic I found the following statement:

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

Does this still apply?

I had a completed vaccination sheet which stated that no further vaccinations were required and all this info was indeed handed over at POE.

I am now just afraid that I might get an RFE for the TB skin test as my medical was in mid june in Belgium ( I had X rays taken )

I contacted one of the civil surgeons in Belgium and they don`t seem to have had any info regarding new requirements.

They tried to convince me that I should be fine with all the info in the brown envelope....

So, would I most likely get an RFE for the TB test only and basically just have to send in the I 693 with only this TB skintest filled out...

Can anybody shed any light on my confusion?

It would be highly appreciated!

Application for Citizenship

N400: NOA 11/01/2011

In queue for interview scheduling: 11/28/2011

Yellow letter asking to bring state issued ID: 12/23/2011

Interview: 04/09/2012

Oath ceremony: 07/31/2012

I am confused...

After reading all the different posts concerning the vaccinations and the I 693.

In the first post of this topic I found the following statement:

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

Does this still apply?

I had a completed vaccination sheet which stated that no further vaccinations were required and all this info was indeed handed over at POE.

I am now just afraid that I might get an RFE for the TB skin test as my medical was in mid june in Belgium ( I had X rays taken )

I contacted one of the civil surgeons in Belgium and they don`t seem to have had any info regarding new requirements.

They tried to convince me that I should be fine with all the info in the brown envelope....

So, would I most likely get an RFE for the TB test only and basically just have to send in the I 693 with only this TB skintest filled out...

Can anybody shed any light on my confusion?

It would be highly appreciated!

We are in a similar situation, although I think that your medical was BEFORE the TB skin test requirement was implemented, so you should be ok with what you have. We spoke with Dr. Arnold's office who told us that they do not transcribe the TB skin test and she made it sound like it was not required if you had the X-rays. Which makes perfect sense...the X-rays are more conclusive. The skin test is done instead of the X-rays, and then if anything shows up on the skin test they do X-rays. It saves an involved, expensive step for most people. We had Dennis' skin test done with our family doctor and have the results.

What we are going to do is have the vaccinations transcribed at Dr. Arnold's office and when we send off our petition we will include a copy of the TB skin test results...then hope for the best. All of the CSes I talked to said that they do not transcribe the skin test results unless they did the entire exam.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
We are in a similar situation, although I think that your medical was BEFORE the TB skin test requirement was implemented, so you should be ok with what you have. We spoke with Dr. Arnold's office who told us that they do not transcribe the TB skin test and she made it sound like it was not required if you had the X-rays. Which makes perfect sense...the X-rays are more conclusive. The skin test is done instead of the X-rays, and then if anything shows up on the skin test they do X-rays. It saves an involved, expensive step for most people. We had Dennis' skin test done with our family doctor and have the results.

What we are going to do is have the vaccinations transcribed at Dr. Arnold's office and when we send off our petition we will include a copy of the TB skin test results...then hope for the best. All of the CSes I talked to said that they do not transcribe the skin test results unless they did the entire exam.

Thanks for your view on this situation...

I think all medicals dated JUNE 1st and later require the skin test, but I could be wrong.

This whole situation is just incomprehensible...asking peope with a negative X ray to also perform a skin test, that if

in turn would be postive, be tested for false positive results with guess what...an Xray....STUPID!!!! and most of all FRUSTRATING!!!

Let`s just hope for the best and some common sense, but that`s apparently not included in the USCIS dictionary.

The worst part is that this implies that all the K1s now basically have to pay for 2 medicals, since the CS`s overseas keep stating that none

of their documents or requirements for the exams changed and in Belgium they don`t even do the skin test ( everybody immediately gets an Xray).

I tried helping a friend of mine who is currently going through the K1 medical in Belgium and the civil surgeon told her yesterday (!!!) that he wasn`t even willing to do the skin test...

So although my friend knows about the changed requirements, that would imply that she would have to also pay for a second medical exam,

since they don`t transcribe these results without a full medical...mmm...sounds as an easy way to make money to me.

I don`t think too highly of all these CS`s, and I have the impression that I am not the only one on this forum.

But anyways, that`s letting off some steam and I wish everbody the best off luck with whatever situation they`re facing...

Thanks Aravis! and fingers crossed

Application for Citizenship

N400: NOA 11/01/2011

In queue for interview scheduling: 11/28/2011

Yellow letter asking to bring state issued ID: 12/23/2011

Interview: 04/09/2012

Oath ceremony: 07/31/2012

We're in the same boat...medical in early June. People aren't on the same page...USCIS, Center for Disease Control, Civil Surgeons, and Panel Physicians in the foreign countries. I think we're just caught in the middle of the changeover. Maybe it will get better for those coming after us. Two medicals is extremely annoying. We are just waiting for an RFE on the skin test, or the I-693, or that our medical is lost like so many others. Didn't want to pay for transcription, only to find that they "lost" our medical. We'll see what happens down the road.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi Shannon & David!

Thank you so much for the info. I truly appreciate it. I called almost all the doctors in Omaha and unfortunately, they all required me to do the medical exam cos the doctors wouldn't sign the form if they don't conduct the medical exam. So I have called up Dr. Arnold's office and the lady who answered the phone had been very helpful. So I am just going to go ahead with that.

Anyway, I am wondering how you should fill out your name in the I-693. Should I go with my married name or maiden name? My married name is different from my passport, so how should I go about it? I hope someone could enlighten me about this. Thanks!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Shannon & David!

Thank you so much for the info. I truly appreciate it. I called almost all the doctors in Omaha and unfortunately, they all required me to do the medical exam cos the doctors wouldn't sign the form if they don't conduct the medical exam. So I have called up Dr. Arnold's office and the lady who answered the phone had been very helpful. So I am just going to go ahead with that.

Anyway, I am wondering how you should fill out your name in the I-693. Should I go with my married name or maiden name? My married name is different from my passport, so how should I go about it? I hope someone could enlighten me about this. Thanks!!!

hi there. It depends on what you want to use your maiden name or your married name? As for me I used my married name in all of my applications and licenses or cards that I applied. And my passport is still in my maiden name, i try to just put one copy of my marriage certificate in together with my passport all the time. It won't hurt to do it especially when situation comes that you have to verify yourself(specifically when travelling inside or outside US) :thumbs:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi richo!

I would definitely want to use my married name but my lawyer told me that the doctor will look at my photo ID which will be my passport and they will want me to use the name on the passport.

But if you did it with your married name on your form, I guess I could do the same right?

Thanks for your input :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi richo!

I would definitely want to use my married name but my lawyer told me that the doctor will look at my photo ID which will be my passport and they will want me to use the name on the passport.

But if you did it with your married name on your form, I guess I could do the same right?

Thanks for your input :)

Your welcome. That's why a certified copy of our marriage certificate won't hurt to always bring it with us until we really have a dependable proof of our married name like our green card, driver's license and eventually our passport too. Good luck to us :star:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Right, with regard to this damn TB skin test that seems to be ruffling so many feathers, I've just downloaded the latest I-693 from the USCIS website, and there is a very clearly marked TB skin test section for the civil surgeon to fill in on the first page. This being the case, for the life of me I can't see what the issue is here. Seems to me you simply get the TST done, and send that, along with your other vaccination records, to Dr Arnold in Texas, along with your $20, and job done. Right?

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Seems to me you simply get the TST done, and send that, along with your other vaccination records, to Dr Arnold in Texas, along with your $20, and job done. Right?

The problem is, if I remember correctly, that Dr. Arnold's office told a few people that they don't transcribe the Tb test results onto the I-693. She did say that if you get an RFE, they would then do it.

Seems to me you simply get the TST done, and send that, along with your other vaccination records, to Dr Arnold in Texas, along with your $20, and job done. Right?

The problem is, if I remember correctly, that Dr. Arnold's office told a few people that they don't transcribe the Tb test results onto the I-693. She did say that if you get an RFE, they would then do it.

:yes: This is what we were told. They didn't say anything about the RFE. We are going to include a copy of the results and hope for the best.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

:yes: This is what we were told. They didn't say anything about the RFE. We are going to include a copy of the results and hope for the best.

Well, like I said in the February filers thread, I've written to Dr Arnold, and here's what I wrote:

"

"Dear Dr Arnold

I am writing to you to request information/clarification on the process of vaccination transcription, a service which I believe you offer to new immigrants wanting to adjust status.

Whilst the process would seem to be fairly straightforward, there seems to be some confusion regarding the transcription of the Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) onto the I-693 form. As I’m sure you must be aware, all K1 visa medicals conducted after June 1st, 2008, require that a TST be carried out, irrespective of the fact that a chest x-ray (which one would assume is far more conclusive with regard to determining the presence of TB) is mandatory at the medical.

There are a lot of people from the online immigration community in which I participate, visajourney.com, that have spoken of being in touch with your office with regard to the TST issue, only to be met with rather ambiguous/confusing responses. Here is an excerpt from such a post:

“We spoke with Dr. Arnold's office who told us that they do not transcribe the TB skin test and she made it sound like it was not required if you had the X-rays.”

As such, I have enclosed a copy of the latest I-693 form (downloaded from the USCIS website) and highlighted the relevant section (section 2 A) which clearly states that the civil surgeon must fill it in, along with the other parts of the vaccination/medical areas.

I have enclosed a pre-paid envelope to facilitate your reply, (you may keep the form!!) and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards

Damian P"

Watch this space!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.