jack66819

Applying K1 for the second time

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys,

Don't want to go too deep into the details about our situation... 

Long story short, I applied for the fiance visa successfully half a year ago and my girl friend came to the states back in August of last year. Unfortunately, we have some issues that wasn't iron out and she irrationally left within a week back to China. After many months of communications, we still feel very strong about each other and want to give K1 another shot.

My question to you all is, are there any difficulties re-applying the visa given our situation? what are some things that I need to be aware of?

Any comments and suggestion will be helpful.

Many thanks in advance!

-J

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, jack66819 said:

Hi guys,

Long story short, I applied for the fiance visa successfully half a year ago and my girl friend came to the states back in August of last year. Unfortunately, we have some issues that wasn't iron out and she irrationally left within a week back to China. After many months of communications, we still feel very strong about each other and want to give K1 another shot.

My question to you all is, are there any difficulties re-applying the visa given our situation? what are some things that I need to be aware of?

Many thanks in advance!

-J

I assume you are aware of the entire process and long waiting that you will have to go through right? Not only that, you may be required to explain not only in your filling papers but during the interview process why marriage didnt happen in the first attempt. So other than that, go ahead and submit new papers. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, jack66819 said:

Hi guys,

Many thanks in advance!

-J

Need to have an answer ready on why on the first time she decided to to leave US and go back to China. It might be asked during the interview. 

Aside from that, you need to answer this on your own "once you file K-1 visa again with her, what make you sure she will not irrationally left again? Is it worth it this time?" Applying for K-1 visa required a lot of money and time, are you willing to invest on that again and is it worth it? I don't need to know the answer since you knew your situation better than anyone else. 

Good luck with your journey! :D 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@Cathi in the post below made a important point and that would certanly make me think twice about whether or not I would re-apply;

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline

Thanks guys for some feedback...

Yes, I am aware we need to be prepare to answer the question why 1st time not working out. I know things didn't pin out the way we wanted the first time, but it is what it is, just need to suck it up and go forward.

Is it better to just go ahead and get marry oversea and applying for spouse status instead? This is actually our plan B if fiance visa didn't work out, the only thing that we consider fiance visa again is because it's faster...

Any advice?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, jack66819 said:

Yes, I am aware we need to be prepare to answer the question why 1st time not working out. I know things didn't pin out the way we wanted the first time, but it is what it is, just need to suck it up and go forward.

Is it better to just go ahead and get marry oversea and applying for spouse status instead? This is actually our plan B if fiance visa didn't work out, the only thing that we consider fiance visa again is because it's faster...

Any advice?

I would honestly do the CR1 versus the K1 if I could do it again we’re closing in on 8 months and have yet to schedule medical or interview. 

CR1 is a slightly longer wait but the benefits far outweigh that of a K1 and it’s cheaper in the long run. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, jack66819 said:

Any advice?

Why she left at the first time? Is it due to she getting bored because not able to work? Both of you need to figure out what is the main reason first before proceed. Each type of visa have pro and cons. 

Personally, I came here with K-1 Visa. There was a time when I'm getting super duper bored because I'm just staying home and not able to work (fyi, I always working before, even when I was study at college) so, I'm not get used staying home without working. It started making me feel homesick and it started stressed me out until one point I feel like it is better for me to go back to my country instead of being here. Because of all of that, it make be more sensitive. Even small things can make me sad.  However, it's all sorted out and when we figured out the reason why I'm behaving like that because I getting bored, we take an initiative to solve it. 

I'm not sure my situation is the same like what your fiancee facing before. If it is the same thing or slightly the same thing, CR-1 will work better for both of you since she can start working right away. 

Aside from that, in terms of processing time, I agree with the above, currently now K-1 take longer time. And yes, CR-1 cost will be less that K-1

Edited by Perfect two 💑

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, jack66819 said:

Hi guys,

Many thanks in advance!

-J

How do you "give it another shot", that is crazy...you either know or you don't know, marriage is kinda a big deal ;) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, jack66819 said:

Any advice?

it is better visit her as many times as possible and have the miscommunication cleared.

What will happen to her, when she will be homesick awaiting of EAD/GC arrival?

Timeline

Yea, waiting will be tough for K1 as she literally can't do anything in the states with out GC. That is definitely something we'd talked about and it will be tough. Doing the CR-1 will give her more rights in US on the upside but the downside is wait time. That is also something we are trying to work out the best solution. 

I know it sucks that we have to do this whole painful process again, but what's done already done, just got to move forward....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, jack66819 said:

Yea, waiting will be tough for K1 as she literally can't do anything in the states with out GC. That is definitely something we'd talked about and it will be tough. Doing the CR-1 will give her more rights in US on the upside but the downside is wait time. That is also something we are trying to work out the best solution. 

I know it sucks that we have to do this whole painful process again, but what's done already done, just got to move forward....

instead of what she want or not wants...you should ask yourself what is it that you the petitioner wants out of this marriage. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

It just may be the fastest K1 ever issued after they just approved you.

If I were you, I'd be hopeful that it would go really fast the 2nd time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 hours ago, jack66819 said:

Might be better to get to know her more.....visit a couple of times and observe her.(there are no guarantees as we all know in relationships). People behave differently in their home countries...then get married rather than a K1.

Timeline

We are also looking for her to enroll a language institute in Vancouver. This make the distance closer for me to visit and she gets an opportunity to gain English exposures.

I wouldn't imagine there will be any difficulties in the K1 processing by doing so would it?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i say put together a letter of attestation on WHY she returned and WHY you two want to have another go at it.  There's a format to a letter of attestation, drill around a bit , it's a formal thing to be submitted with the I-129F (or any I-130) - and it travels with the casefile all the way to the IV Unit , read with the casefile prior to interview day. 

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.