Jaquelly

Feb 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

1,156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Boyd_M said:

We at at NVC Friday, was still at NVC when i left work.  I get home it is in READY! No emails or anything yet though.

Just checked mine now, still saying in transit. so mines been in transit since the 19th. When I called they told me that Manila has to have paper copies sent, and some places its totally electronic. Not sure if that's true though.

1 hour ago, Deepsnow said:

Just checked mine now, still saying in transit. so mines been in transit since the 19th. When I called they told me that Manila has to have paper copies sent, and some places its totally electronic. Not sure if that's true though.

Yeah it is. If you don't have to dial option 5 when you call NVC then you will have yours sent via mail.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Deepsnow said:

I don't know how mine could have went through mail that quick, but oh well!  I still have gotten no email notifications or letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
23 hours ago, Jamilla said:

Hey everyone, I need some advice to get through to the London embassy.

I was living in the UK with my partner when I applied for the visa, he has since left to go back to the US. I was quite lonely without him and wanted to move back to my home country, The Netherlands. We contacted USCIS to ask if that would be a problem. They said we could just change my address and they would send our case file to the nearest embassy.

Fast forward to now, I am now in The Netherlands, but it turns out they just send the case file to London anyway. Our case has been "ready" since March 9th. I feel a bit blindsided because it turns out it's not that easy to change the embassy and they gave us wrong information. The thing is, it's not that difficult for me to just go to the interview in London BUT I have not received the letter inviting me to the interview. They probably send it to my old address and I have no way of retrieving that. 

When we called to NVC they did confirm they have my current (Dutch) address in the system but to ask the London embassy what happened to the letter. The problem is that it's impossible to contact them?? Absolutely unbelievable! We can't get an actual person on the phone, it keeps telling us to do everything online. We have send an email about 1,5 week ago and haven't heard anything back. Called NVC again and they just said to keep bugging the embassy.

I am in despair!! We are so close and it seems to go so wrong now. 
Does anyone know to speak to an actual person and get some insight into where they send my letter and if it's possible to just come to the London interview despite not living there??

If anyone was wondering.. we finally got an email back. They basically said that you can't do the interview in a country you don't live in and that they already forwarded it to the Amsterdam embassy. Also said there will be very minimal delay as they are ready to process my case immediately and will contact me in the next few days.

Finally some good news!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Question about ds-160

There is a question about listing countries of residence (6 months or more). Do you include home country here too or just other countries? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jamilla said:

If anyone was wondering.. we finally got an email back. They basically said that you can't do the interview in a country you don't live in and that they already forwarded it to the Amsterdam embassy. Also said there will be very minimal delay as they are ready to process my case immediately and will contact me in the next few days.

Finally some good news!

Phew! That's a relief for you. I'm glad that someone got back to you reasonably quickly on this problem. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

every country you have lived in for longer than 6 months since age 16 , so yes.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline
4 hours ago, LarisaXoX said:

Yeah it is. If you don't have to dial option 5 when you call NVC then you will have yours sent via mail.

5 hours ago, Deepsnow said:

Crazy that snail mail is still an option! Hope the process goes well. Don’t forget Holy Week in the Phil - so the embassy and businesses will be closed in observation during that time. I pray you get your update soon 🙏🏻 

Edited by Mark_712

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

Hey everyone, 

I got an email from NVC today saying that they already sent my petition to the US Embassy of my fiance's country. But it says that the embassy will contact him to schedule the interview and that the interview date was provided to us by the NVC? Does anyone know if they are the ones who schedules the interview or we have to do it? Kind of confused here. 

Timeline

Mines still in transit. I just called again, and have emailed several times, this time the fellow tells me that a electronic copy and a paper copy go to Manila, and my electronic copy got there the 19th. He also said they will not send a letter or email me anything with a fiancée visa. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zjazzy said:

Hello all, 

I was wondering about the Employment Verification Letter for proof of income. Do you know how recent it must be? Also, if it requires a wet signature from HR or an electronic version is OK? Thank you and good luck on interview! 

I  have seen that electronic copies have been accepted. Also  would try to have an employment letter that’s no older then 60days if you can help it.  Additionally you can also send your fiancé some electronic copies of your more current paystub‘s that she way she has the most recent pay dates that will substantiate your employment letter claim if you can’t get an updated letter. I would do a search for that I -134 form here as  it seems that it’s country specific on what they will and will not accept for signatures on the I134 form and some have said that they required bank statements others have said that they did not so I would just use the caution of better to have it and not need it then rather need it and not have it mentality. I sent a three day delivery packet via usps packet from Boston to Manila and it cost me $63 with about six pages of documents inside so for me that was money well spent on making sure that they had wet signatures updated intend to marry letter and original copies of my W-2s as well as the original wet signature of the financial form. you can also email the embassy and ask or read that particular embassy reviews to get actual real experience reports.  in Manila it seems majority times they don’t even ask for the financial forms but I’ve read review or two that actually mentioned that they did ask for so again it’s really subjective and the role of them better to have it and be prepared as my advice good luck and I hope you find your answers. 

Edited by Mark_712

February 10 - NOA 2

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 22 - Ready CEAC

April 2 - CFO Completed 

May 30 - POE ✈️

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

This is my first post on VJ. I can’t find this answer anywhere else and it’s driving me mad... 

my Fiancee lived in the U.S. for 18 months legally. So everything we are reading is saying that she needs a “police certificate” from any country she has lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 16. Does she need a police certificate from the U.S.? And if she does how do we get one?

Thank you for any help or links!

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Matt & Isela said:

This is my first post on VJ. I can’t find this answer anywhere else and it’s driving me mad... 

my Fiancee lived in the U.S. for 18 months legally. So everything we are reading is saying that she needs a “police certificate” from any country she has lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 16. Does she need a police certificate from the U.S.? And if she does how do we get one?

Thank you for any help or links!

try this for information 

https://www.***removed***/immigration/police-certificates.html

February 10 - NOA 2

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 22 - Ready CEAC

April 2 - CFO Completed 

May 30 - POE ✈️

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 21/03/2018 at 3:53 PM, C.&A. said:

cool, did you call nvc

we have the same received date on NVC.

Yep, we did call them and they expedited our case without us having really asked for it. Our case already reads READY! :D

08/15/2017 -  I-129F NOA1 

02/22/2018 - NOA2 (online)

02/26/2018 - NOA2

03/20/2018 - NVC received, RDJ assigned 

05/24/2018 - Medical

05/29/2018 - Interview (rescheduled by Consulate for 06/06)

06/06/2018  - Interview

06/15/2018 - Visa in hand

07/21/2018 - POE

07/26/2018 - Wedding day

08/23/2018 - Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)

08/24/2018 - Package received

08/25/2018 - NOA1 for I-130, I-485, I-765

09/07/2018 - Received hard copy of NOA1

10/23/2018 - Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131 

11/09/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Done

11/15/2018 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

01/29/2019 - Request for Initial Evidence  EAD/AP

xx/xx/2019 - EAD/AP Approved

XX/XX/201X - Card in Production

XX/XX/201X - Received Approval Notice in the Mail

XX/XX//201X - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me

XX/XX/201X - Card Received

XX/XX/201X - Interview Date XX/XX

XX/XX/201X - Interview

XX/XX/201X - Received hard copy for GC

XX/XX/201X - USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

XX/XX/201X - Permanent Resident/Green Card received 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.