Pinay7900

after 4 weeks culture result about sputum exam result is positive then my dad has to wait another 6 months for treatment I NEED ANY HELP !!!!! Any ideas comments below

65 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Pinay7900 said:

In America 98% has a tb lots of people here got diseases too ! So sputum exam is just a BS exam ! Not all people on earth are heathy!!! If American will come visit to Philippines we don't do any stupid sputum exam here or any tb exam before we leave in our country ! Yeah you think 100% are healthy hell no !!!! it just wasting time to do the treatment !!! Why Philippines take advantage to people who travel outside the country why !!!! Stop expecting people to spend money !!! To Tavel back and forth Mindanao to Manila is very expensive and yeah required this but not all people inside on the plane are healthy !!! 

That's not accurate. The Philippines has a much higher rate of TB then the USA. Also, all countries have to do the test, not just the Philippines. If my wife had tested positive I would have been upset, but I would have realized that it's important for her to be healthy. Worry about your father's health and don't focus on thinking that you're somehow getting scammed or taken advantage of. 

Edited by Redheadguy03

7 hours ago, Pinay7900 said:

In America 98% has a tb lots of people here got diseases too ! So sputum exam is just a BS exam ! Not all people on earth are heathy!!! If American will come visit to Philippines we don't do any stupid sputum exam here or any tb exam before we leave in our country ! Yeah you think 100% are healthy hell no !!!! it just wasting time to do the treatment !!! Why Philippines take advantage to people who travel outside the country why !!!! Stop expecting people to spend money !!! To Tavel back and forth Mindanao to Manila is very expensive and yeah required this but not all people inside on the plane are healthy !!! 

98% in America have TB? Source, please? I was vaccinated as a baby and again with a booster as a teenager. Like most people in the western world. 

Please calm down. I had had to do exactly the same medical. It's not discriminatory. Every immigrant visa applicant has to have a medical. I had to travel to have mine done too and take time off work. We all do that. I would have done it all 100 times over to be with my husband. 

Remember that immigration is a privilege, not a right. You have the right to petition your father and your father has the right to apply for a visa. But the USA is not obliged to grant him one. 

In view of this new information, have you consider healthcare costs fir your father when he's there? I promise you that being treated for TB (or anything else) here is a lot more expensive than the Philippines. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, RO_AH said:

It's not stupid. Go look in the Philippines regional forum here. It is not uncommon at all. It is for the protection of many others that could be exposed. If you or any of your family has young children and he was allowed to come her and gave them TB would you be singing a different tune?

Seriously? If so you can just tell your father you give up and have him stay there in the Philippines. I think this is just your emotions talking and I would think your father is important enough for you to be willing to go through the process no matter what it takes.

Seriously? I know you are upset but get your facts straight. The fact is 3 out of 100,000 people have TB. I believe that is .003%

That is because there is only 3 out of 100,000 people that have it here so it is very rare and it is usually caught very quickly and treated here.

There is a difference between being unhealthy and having a highly contagious disease that can kill. If you think it's no big deal would you be willing to sit next to someone on a plane for 12 hours knowing they have TB? Would you let your child?

Like I said, I know you are very upset and this is very frustrating to you. I know it has taken a lot of work and money to get to this point. The last thing we want to here is that it will take longer and cost more. I really do feel for you. But it is a process that he needs to go through and in the end it is better for him and your entire family there that he will be staying with that he is cured and TB free. I have a good friend in Manila that just started treatment about a week ago. She had to give up her job because she was a caretaker for a child. Luckily the child was not infected.

Once he is cleared he will get his visa and be able to fly to be with you. You are facing your last hurdle. I know its tough, take a few deep breaths and relax. I really wish you the best.

Is there anyone here went through the same situation I have cuz it's not easy to travel back and forth from Mindanao to Manila and I don't have much money to keep sending my dad back to Manila ! What if the people are applying have no money to fly then they can't be treated !!!! Why doctors expect all patients that lives in Manila NOT all applicants lives in Manila !!! People flying back and forth from Mindanao to Manila and they don't have money to pay for plane tickets !!!! So that means if applicants has no money then they got stuck in there !!! Yeah they were giving option one and option two but option two it's very hard cuz they have to go back to their hometown to get treated within 6 months then after 6 months they have to wait another one year what the heck is that ??!!!   If option one they have to stay in Manila for 6 months to get treated OMG seriously ?!!!! So I asked the docto if the treatment can start on January cuz of holidays and I can save money to help my dad for him to pay for plane tickets I have to pay 4 people including my dad to travel from butuan to Manila it is NOT easy and plane tickets are expensive too ! So if anyone out here encountered this situation please share it to me how did it happen ??? How long it takes for you the treatment ??? If any positive results ??? Share it to me below thank you guys for all your comments . I live alone here in the US I work hard almost everyday and I supported my family in the Philippines like12 people for their daily needs Vs ME MYSELF ALONE 🇺🇸Im poor and I don't have that money to spend . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You are doing a lot of venting on how expensive it is for you.  How did you expect to cover his medical needs and medical insurance when he came to USA?   That's when you will find out what "expensive" really is.   In some situations, perhaps it's best not to be bring relatives here.  

2 hours ago, Pinay7900 said:

I am safe here in the US and I have never hear that patient has to go the doctor everyday and see them it's a hassle !!!!

Most people diseases and most countries they don’t have to go each day, the fact is st.lukes don’t trust that they will take the medicine everyday in order to treat it. This is why if you choose not to have it treated at st.lukes then you have to be free of it for a year and redo the medical. There are lots of folk stories and tales on how to trick the test or cure tb over there so they are super strict about treatment as they know that some people will stop treatment and be relying on what their friends have told them that will work instead.

If you don’t want people to be ‘mean’ then cut out the histrionics, “98% of people have tb in the us” no that is simply not true. Stating that you won’t continue with the process because of the cost to you and how hard you find it is simply cruel to your father, at least you have found out he has this and can get it treated. Saving your fathers life is way more important than any visa no matter the country it gets you into. 

Edited by Illiria
Clarity

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Illiria said:

Most people diseases and most countries they don’t have to go each day, the fact is st.lukes don’t trust that they will take the medicine everyday in order to treat it. This is why if you choose not to have it treated at st.lukes then you have to be free of it for a year and redo the medical. There are lots of folk stories and tales on how to trick the test or cure tb over there so they are super strict about treatment as they know that some people will stop treatment and be relying on what their friends have told them that will work instead.

If you don’t want people to be ‘mean’ then cut out the histrionics, “98% of people have tb in the us” no that is simply not true. Stating that you won’t continue with the process because of the cost to you and how hard you find it is simply cruel to your father, at least you have found out he has this and can get it treated. Saving your fathers life is way more important than any visa no matter the country it gets you into. 

No, disagree ! You can come to the US or if your in the US check all hospital records all billions of people that lives in the US ! You can't judge people that you don't know ! Don't be mean to my comments okay I was just talking in general nothing in personal ! lol I don't care ! Whatever Saint Luke's doing it then there's nothing we can do but to follow the instructions but still Bs !!! You don't know every single people that lives In the US so please don't judge anyone that comments here !!!! I am not here to fight okay lol just don't comments if you don't give any good advise !!!! Stop it ! Hahaha 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

You are doing a lot of venting on how expensive it is for you.  How did you expect to cover his medical needs and medical insurance when he came to USA?   That's when you will find out what "expensive" really is.   In some situations, perhaps it's best not to be bring relatives here.  

You must have much money not to complain about expenses ! Lol oh well everybody is not happy about how they spent too much money to bring out family to the US!!! Is not that easy ! I don't have money that's why I don't agree this stupid " sputum exam to wait another 6 months !

8 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

No, disagree ! You can come to the US or if your in the US check all hospital records all billions of people that lives in the US ! You can't judge people that you don't know ! Don't be mean to my comments okay I was just talking in general nothing in personal ! lol I don't care ! Whatever Saint Luke's doing it then there's nothing we can do but to follow the instructions but still Bs !!! You don't know every single people that lives In the US so please don't judge anyone that comments here !!!! I am not here to fight okay lol just don't comments if you don't give any good advise !!!! Stop it ! Hahaha 

Sigh

It’s against the terms of service to tell someone not to post on a thread.

If 98% of people in the us had tb it would be major news as tb kills, cdc (center for disease control) states that the incidence of tb in the us is 2.9 cases for every 100,000 people which is 0.000029%. 68.5% of those cases last year were in people not born in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/tb/publications/factsheets/statistics/tbtrends.htm

Edited by Illiria
Clarity

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
16 hours ago, Pinay7900 said:

I guess I have to be more patience about this ihave been waiting . FYI there's too many Filipinos here in the US sponsored with there parents it took only over a year or less to process . Even though one of my friends is not full American citizen and her mom got here easily without any medical problems and some people are lucky and some don't ! I have been in the US over 13 years now even one of my blood family has never been in the US ever ! I wish my dad can come atleast just a short of time I want to experience that please God help me ! Most Filipinos advise me not to worry at all . I have been more than patient I filed this visa since 2015 oh my goodness !!!! Everything but " sputum exam and unfortunately he is positive and he has to wait another 6 months ! Not all people come to the US are healthy !!!!! Remember that guys !!! Lots people here in the US are sick !!!! Believe it or not !!!! Don't tell me all people from Philippines that flew over here are healthy !!!! Smh ! 

Some one who is not a USC cannot sponsor their parent for an immigrant visa. LPRs can only bring their spouses and under-21 children.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline
1 minute ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

Some one who is not a USC cannot sponsor their parent for an immigrant visa. LPRs can only bring their spouses and under-21 children.

Okay cool I have been an America citizen for ten 12 years now I should be able to bring my dad to the US but unfortunately the sputum made him to delay his visa due to sputum exam that he has to wait another 6months treatment ! So I don't what else to say !!!! I need someone to help me if anyone in here encounter sputum exam that waited too long pls comments if not just skip don't comments at all !!!

OP, quit telling people not to comment- it's against TOS. You will get a ban if you continue in this fashion. 

~VJ moderation ~

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Lots encounter positive tests in your country, they suck it up and pay for their loved ones to live near st Luke’s so they can get the treatment they need to save their lives. 

Being able to sponsor relatives is a privilege not a right, the us allows sponsorship of a lot of kinds of relatives that other countries do not allow and they are considering not allowing that to happen anymore. Most adults don’t need their parents and siblings around them once they leave home. 

Edited by Illiria
Mod had already stepped in

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.