Pinay7900

after 4 weeks culture result about sputum exam result is positive then my dad has to wait another 6 months for treatment I NEED ANY HELP !!!!! Any ideas comments below

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

Okay cool I have been an America citizen for ten 12 years now I should be able to bring my dad to the US but unfortunately the sputum made him to delay his visa due to sputum exam that he has to wait another 6months treatment ! So I don't what else to say !!!! I need someone to help me if anyone in here encounter sputum exam that waited too long pls comments if not just skip don't comments at all !!!

Like others have stated, this is a common situation in areas of the world where TB is more prevalent. Your father has to go ahead with the treatment. It's as simple as that. As an aside, aren't you glad that it came to light that he had TB so now he can be cured?

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Illiria said:

Lots encounter positive tests in your country, they suck it up and pay for their loved ones to live near st Luke’s so they can get the treatment they need to save their lives. 

Being able to sponsor relatives is a privilege not a right, the us allows sponsorship of a lot of Kansas nds of relatives that other countries do not allow and they are considering not allowing that to happen anymore. Most adults don’t need their parents and siblings around them once they leave home. 

Okay to those who comments nicely thanks to you ! And to those are being mean please stop fighting me and giving me excuses and blah blah blah I don't really care okay !!!! I'm just hoping that my dad can get his visa soon and pray to god as always ! If it's not meant to be then who cares I have to accept it no matter what happens !!! Thank u guys !!! Sputum is the only one I have been waiting for to release his medical result !!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

YOu sound so bitter Why?

you waited a little over a year

it took us 6 years

and this test is meant not only to protect the rest of us but to protect your immediate family/ you don't want them exposed to something / the sputum tests tests for many types of infections not just TB-

i hope you can get medical treatment for him / that is the only way he will immigrate

really, the VJ community is here to help all but we can't fight the medical exam rules 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

Like others have stated, this is a common situation in areas of the world where TB is more prevalent. Your father has to go ahead with the treatment. It's as simple as that. As an aside, aren't you glad that it came to light that he had TB so now he can be cured?

I understand the process about this sputum exam ! Why can't they release the medical result I don't care about positive ! We can still do the treatment to other countries instead of waiting another 6 months in the Philippines!!!  They have better doctors here in the US ! Yes I agree to wait another 6 months to get treated but why the hell have to wait another 6 months and my dad doesn't stay in manila , that means he has to fly again and stay another 6 months . Oh my goodness !!!! what if people don't live in Manila ??? 

Timeline

So, positive sputum test = your dad has TB. He has to be TB-free before he can be given his visa. Your choice to do the 6-month treatment at SLMC or if it's too expensive for him to live in Manila for 6 months then he can do his treatment locally but has to wait an extra year afterwards. You just have to figure out what makes more sense to you and what you can afford. Pay for his expenses for 6 months in Manila or for 18 months locally.

1 minute ago, Pinay7900 said:

I understand the process about this sputum exam ! Why can't they release the medical result I don't care about positive ! We can still do the treatment to other countries instead of waiting another 6 months in the Philippines!!!  They have better doctors here in the US ! Yes I agree to wait another 6 months to get treated but why the hell have to wait another 6 months and my dad doesn't stay in manila , that means he has to fly again and stay another 6 months . Oh my goodness !!!! what if people don't live in Manila ??? 

If they released the exam he would not get an immigrant visa with a positive sputum test, anyway. What's the point?

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

N-400 Timeline

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

Timeline

You say they have better doctors in the US but he can't be given a visa to come here unless he's cured. (As an aside TB-treatment is pretty much the same the world over, he'll be taking the same pills there that he would be taking here.)

Married 06/24/2011

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

N-400 Timeline

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

YOu sound so bitter Why?

you waited a little over a year

it took us 6 years

and this test is meant not only to protect the rest of us but to protect your immediate family/ you don't want them exposed to something / the sputum tests tests for many types of infections not just TB-

i hope you can get medical treatment for him / that is the only way he will immigrate

really, the VJ community is here to help all but we can't fight the medical exam rules 

Thanks for the replied comments ! Will you please come to the US and experience how hard people working here just to help their parents to come to the US! I have heard billion times since I have been in the US that IR5 to bring parents to the US it takes only 6 to 8 months to be honest ! Most of them brought over here very old people like 80's even they are not even healthy ! So I don't now these days they might change the process ??? Even me I don't even go through stupid sputum exam before when I was in the Philippines year 2004 ! So think about that ! I don't know where you come from but pls do research first and ask people around in the US! Thank you !!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

So, positive sputum test = your dad has TB. He has to be TB-free before he can be given his visa. Your choice to do the 6-month treatment at SLMC or if it's too expensive for him to live in Manila for 6 months then he can do his treatment locally but has to wait an extra year afterwards. You just have to figure out what makes more sense to you and what you can afford. Pay for his expenses for 6 months in Manila or for 18 months locally.

If they released the exam he would not get an immigrant visa with a positive sputum test, anyway. What's the point?

Okay what's my point ??? My dad scheduled originally his visa interview last October 19th 2017 but because the sputum exam went positive he has to wait another 6 months to get treated and my point was we can still do the treatment 6 months to wherever country his in . We don't have to wait another 6 months to do the treatment !!!  I have Filipino friend that sponsored her mom as a tourist she is very sick she got here in the US without doing the sputum exam ! I don't get it why we have to wait around!!! Omg pls help us ! Why ???? Why ????big question mark ??????lol

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

Thanks for the replied comments ! Will you please come to the US and experience how hard people working here just to help their parents to come to the US! I have heard billion times since I have been in the US that IR5 to bring parents to the US it takes only 6 to 8 months to be honest ! Most of them brought over here very old people like 80's even they are not even healthy ! So I don't now these days they might change the process ??? Even me I don't even go through stupid sputum exam before when I was in the Philippines year 2004 ! So think about that ! I don't know where you come from but pls do research first and ask people around in the US! Thank you !!!!

i am part american Indian

and family long time USC long before any foreigners came

i said we wish you the best and hope you can get treatment for him and you still are angry

if it takes ME A REAL AMERICAN SO LONG WHY ARE YOU ANGRY OVER A YEAR?

34 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

You must have much money not to complain about expenses ! Lol oh well everybody is not happy about how they spent too much money to bring out family to the US!!! Is not that easy ! I don't have money that's why I don't agree this stupid " sputum exam to wait another 6 months !

You totally missed the point of the post you were responding to...

13 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

I understand the process about this sputum exam ! Why can't they release the medical result I don't care about positive ! We can still do the treatment to other countries instead of waiting another 6 months in the Philippines!!!  They have better doctors here in the US ! 

Well, for a start it’s becasue they can’t be sure that anyone will actually follow up on the treatment in the US. How do they enforce that?

secondly, to go to the point you missed above, if you think it’s expensive in the Philippines, do you think it’s cheap in the US? 

By by the way, this is not being “mean”, it’s being realistic. Rather than throwing tantrums, you should  perhaps try to understand what people are telling you. People don’t waste time posting on this board to be mean, they do it to help. Sometimes, what you need to hear is not what you want to hear.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
8 minutes ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

Yes that was exactly what I meant thank you ! Yes I wanted to get his visa immediately but because the 6 months process in manila I have no choice but to continue cuz it's a lot more faster that way instead of waiting another 18 months locally . I work hard and I'm very hard up I have tried my best to help him and 3 people has to guide him too cuz my dad can't walk he has a wheelchair please GOD HELP US!!!! To be honest with you I have been waiting this since 2015 ! And lots of Filipinos here in the US keep telling me that it's only 8 months to process I should get my dad quickly hahaha I was laughing I don't believe it at all until I get my dad ! I don't have any blood family here in the US I felt like I live alone on earth! lol I wish I have one atleast to experience to come to the US I mean I don't plan to keep my dad in the US I just want to help him to be able to continue the treatment and to help him other medical stuff too . That's all but thank you so much !!! he has to start the treatment by January 2018 cuz I don't have money plus xmas holidays is coming too I already spent money too much and I'm broke ! Lol

7 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

Okay what's my point ??? My dad scheduled originally his visa interview last October 19th 2017 but because the sputum exam went positive he has to wait another 6 months to get treated and my point was we can still do the treatment 6 months to wherever country his in . We don't have to wait another 6 months to do the treatment !!!  I have Filipino friend that sponsored her mom as a tourist she is very sick she got here in the US without doing the sputum exam ! I don't get it why we have to wait around!!! Omg pls help us ! Why ???? Why ????big question mark ??????lol

The sooner you find a room for your dad to stay in Manila, the sooner he'll get treatment and his interview. Roll up you sleeves and work on a solution.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

You say they have better doctors in the US but he can't be given a visa to come here unless he's cured. (As an aside TB-treatment is pretty much the same the world over, he'll be taking the same pills there that he would be taking here.)

I guess so..... I just have to wait then till 6 more months ughhhh takes forever !!!! if any people plan to sponsor parents don't even try this anymore !!! wasting money !!! Back and forth !!! Lol this would be my last help for my dad if it's NOT meant to be then forget it I'm done !!!! Lol

Timeline
13 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

i am part american Indian

and family long time USC long before any foreigners came

i said we wish you the best and hope you can get treatment for him and you still are angry

if it takes ME A REAL AMERICAN SO LONG WHY ARE YOU ANGRY OVER A YEAR?

I am NOT angry at all just discussing my case IR5 and sharing to those people who are experiencing the same exactly what I have been through . So thanks for the commmets ! I guess nothing we can do about this but to wait !!! Lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.