Pinay7900

after 4 weeks culture result about sputum exam result is positive then my dad has to wait another 6 months for treatment I NEED ANY HELP !!!!! Any ideas comments below

65 posts in this topic

You say you want experiences from people that have gone trough the process at SLEC. Go to the Philippines regional forum here in visajourney where there is at least 1 post a month (if not more) of people having to go through the sputum test and treatment for TB. It seems all you want to do is complain about the cost. I totally understand that it is hard for you and that you are upset at the process. This is not a SLEC policy, this is a US immigration policy that SLEC must follow.

Now...While you are ranting and raving about the cost you have failed to address anyone's comments as to why it is done and why it is needed. You replied to my first post here only to complain about the cost again, however you did not answer any of my important statements or questions.

12 hours ago, RO_AH said:

There is a difference between being unhealthy and having a highly contagious disease that can kill. If you think it's no big deal would you be willing to sit next to someone on a plane for 12 hours knowing they have TB? Would you let your child?

So you are single and working hard to support a family of 12. I get that, I am also supporting my family there. But family of 12? Come on...12 people and none of them cane work? What would they be doing had you not come to America?

Bottom line is it is hard, I get that, really I do. But it is a requirement and nothing you can do so time to suck it up, stop complaining and accept it. No on at SLEC or US immigration is doing this to punish YOU. This a policy to protect US citizens from a highly contagious sometimes fatal disease. Even when not fatal it leaves permanent damage to your lungs.

Once again I hope for the best for you and your father. It will all work out in the end.

4 hours ago, Pinay7900 said:

I have Filipino friend that sponsored her mom as a tourist she is very sick she got here in the US without doing the sputum exam !

You can't sponsor a tourist visa. You heard wrong.

Visa requirements for visitors are much less strict than those for those who are permitted to stay for longer periods of time.

4 hours ago, Pinay7900 said:

And lots of Filipinos here in the US keep telling me that it's only 8 months to process I should get my dad quickly hahaha

You really should stop listening to all these rumors.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

Visa requirements for visitors are much less strict than those for those who are permitted to stay for longer periods of time.

Yeah I see in my two eyes she got her mom as a tourist visa she got here with no sputum exam no medical required! She is not American citizen she has no property in the Philippines she has no jobs in the US ! But how did her mom got here easily like that ??!!!! That why I have been questioning myself I actually met her in person too . 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

I don't believe until I sees it ! This is not a rumors !!!! I see them in person here in the US they are even very old and sick too hahaha how they get here without waiting sputum exam and even without waiting 6 months!!!?!!! Lol 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Many posts removed for personal attacks, bad language and telling others not to post.   As Op has received all relevant advice, this thread will remain closed. ****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.