jdiaz

Visa Packet came in OPEN.

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiance just received her K1 package today from DHL. We were both very excited, however when we saw it closely, we found that one of the corners of the yellow packet (the one you're not supposed to open) was cut wide open. It looks like someone could've used a pair of scissors to open it since the cut is very clean. I fear that someone may have opened the packet to see her information. I am extremely concerned of this situation, not only because we may have to send it back for resealing, but it makes me worry about her safety.

Has anyone had a similar situation before? We will be calling the Juarez Consulate ASAP tomorrow morning.

lol .. omg, they must be on to her from reading all the documents from that little corner .

04/21/2016 : Married

11/17/2016 : I-130 sent ( NSO marriage certificate took forever) 

11/23/2016 : I-130 case accepted notified by email NOA1

01/27/2017 : USCIS APPROVED NOA2

02/04/2017 : NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

02/28/2017 : Case received by NVC

03/02/2017 : Agent assigned 

03/07/2017 : Case number assigned with invoice

03/28/2017 : Fees paid (IV and AOS)
04/05/2017 : DS260 online form completed
04/09/2017 : IV and AOS package sent to NVC
04/12/2017 : Requested for NVC expedite
04/17/2017:  NVC expedite approved 

04/18/2017:  In Transit 

04/20/2017: Received in Manila (may schedule for interview)
05/11/2017: SLEC -CLEARED 
05/25/2017: Interview @ Manila Embassy - APPROVED

05/30/2017: VISA on hand plus packet

06/08/2017: POE: California  

06/14/2017: Social Security card received through DS260 filing

06/24/2017: Green card received 

CRBA 

04/10/2017: CRBA sent to Embassy via FedEx 

04/19/2017: Appointment scheduled 

05/04/2017: Interviewed and approved 

05/17/2017: CRBA certificate on hand

05/26/2017: U.S Passport on hand

06/02/2017: Paid for ECC and Extension fees

06/08/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Auds said:

Its normal!  Embassy cuts it, so you know its only documents.

It's not normal. My husband's package didn't come like that and I've never heard of anyone else who has had this issue, either.

OP, call the consulate ASAP. Unfortunately you'll have to bring it back and have it resealed. 

Timeline

27 minutes ago, Auds said:

Its normal!  Embassy cuts it, so you know its only documents.

Auds, thanks for the answer, we were seriously starting to worry about it all. 

2 minutes ago, sy1983 said:

lol .. omg, they must be on to her from reading all the documents from that little corner .

Haha, I know it might sounds a bit dramatic. Sadly the area where she's from has a very high level of kidnappings and related crimes. I wouldn't want anyone else snooping around her Visa info :(

42 minutes ago, jdiaz said:

Auds, thanks for the answer, we were seriously starting to worry about it all. 

Haha, I know it might sounds a bit dramatic. Sadly the area where she's from has a very high level of kidnappings and related crimes. I wouldn't want anyone else snooping around her Visa info :(

haha .. congrats btw, not that you need this piece information anymore since you wife is approved, but I had my case expedite on the grounds of humanitarian reasons due to terrorist attacks in the southern Philippines. 

04/21/2016 : Married

11/17/2016 : I-130 sent ( NSO marriage certificate took forever) 

11/23/2016 : I-130 case accepted notified by email NOA1

01/27/2017 : USCIS APPROVED NOA2

02/04/2017 : NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

02/28/2017 : Case received by NVC

03/02/2017 : Agent assigned 

03/07/2017 : Case number assigned with invoice

03/28/2017 : Fees paid (IV and AOS)
04/05/2017 : DS260 online form completed
04/09/2017 : IV and AOS package sent to NVC
04/12/2017 : Requested for NVC expedite
04/17/2017:  NVC expedite approved 

04/18/2017:  In Transit 

04/20/2017: Received in Manila (may schedule for interview)
05/11/2017: SLEC -CLEARED 
05/25/2017: Interview @ Manila Embassy - APPROVED

05/30/2017: VISA on hand plus packet

06/08/2017: POE: California  

06/14/2017: Social Security card received through DS260 filing

06/24/2017: Green card received 

CRBA 

04/10/2017: CRBA sent to Embassy via FedEx 

04/19/2017: Appointment scheduled 

05/04/2017: Interviewed and approved 

05/17/2017: CRBA certificate on hand

05/26/2017: U.S Passport on hand

06/02/2017: Paid for ECC and Extension fees

06/08/2017: POE

Timeline

Hey guys. I'm posting a little update on this. 

My fiance called the consulate this morning to ask about the envelope. They told that the envelope is NOT supposed to have that cut. They asked her to send the entire packet back, along with her passport. They also mentioned that she would receive an email shortly. 

Well, we got the email and it's telling us to send more evidence. #######???? 

48 minutes ago, jdiaz said:

Hey guys. I'm posting a little update on this. 

My fiance called the consulate this morning to ask about the envelope. They told that the envelope is NOT supposed to have that cut. They asked her to send the entire packet back, along with her passport. They also mentioned that she would receive an email shortly. 

Well, we got the email and it's telling us to send more evidence. #######???? 

You shouldn't call them about that because it's normal and sending it back will just cost money and a waste of time. I got mine last March pretty much the same. But I never had problem going here in US or entering the fort of entry.

Timeline

i have read all over the place that many, if not most come like this. Not sure why you are being told differently, but I think someone should call the consulate back and hopefully someone else answers. You also need an answer to that email, why are they asking for more evidence when you already have the packet. Something tells me what your fiance told them was lost in translation or something. 

I don't have a photo of my packet - it's normal!

i had at least 8 people receive their package the same way.  Please don't waste time sending it back.

i come from a very very safe country

I have landed and papers were accepted.

the reason the cut is made is when we travel on airlines we have to claim we know what is in every envelope even and as a security measure it's cut so we can see no prohibited substances.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems to be normal. While mine didn't come like that, I've seen numerous posts here on VJ about the exact same issue and they all went through POE just fine. 

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

EVERY manila Immigrant envelope has this corner cut. Mine was even much larger then yours. It is fine! Only the additional evidence envelopes in my case had no cut but you don't have that. You have only the main one.

The person at the consulate that she has spoken to was probably stressed out and understood something like the envelope has been opened and the seal being broken.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.