narnia

contacted Mr. Neufeld, director of CSC

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

i wrote an e-mail regarding the slowdown at CSC to Donald Neufeld, its director.

surprisingly, i got a response! but it was merely what i suspect to be an automatic reply stating, and i quote:

I am out of the office until April 2nd. Please forward any time sensitive messages to Susan Arroyo.

Thanks,

Don Neufeld

so i googled this Ms. Arroyo and found out she is chief of staff of service centre operations. and her office is in Washington DC.

i don't know if that will get me any further, but i forwarded my e-mail to her, adding Mr. Neufeld sent me her direction.

now i'm waiting for the next automatic response.

thought this might be interesting information to share.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

i wrote an e-mail regarding the slowdown at CSC to Donald Neufeld, its director.

surprisingly, i got a response! but it was merely what i suspect to be an automatic reply stating, and i quote:

I am out of the office until April 2nd. Please forward any time sensitive messages to Susan Arroyo.

Thanks,

Don Neufeld

so i googled this Ms. Arroyo and found out she is chief of staff of service centre operations. and her office is in Washington DC.

i don't know if that will get me any further, but i forwarded my e-mail to her, adding Mr. Neufeld sent me her direction.

Can you pass on any email addresses please? All I could find were physical addresses..

event.png

event.png

Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent. - Carl Jung

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I wrote an e-mail regarding the slowdown at CSC to Donald Neufeld, its director.

Where did you get his contact information?

I personally would NEVER have done this. Best case scenario he ignores your email. Worst case scenario he moves your file to the black abyss...

The slowdown is ridiculous, I see you filed 6-7 months ago now and that's awful, but as a professional person I would not action your email. My case load is big enough without people emailing me implying they're more important than the other people ahead of them in line. Basically blaming me for something that isn't in my control.

There's a reason for the wait. They're not sitting on their hands. they need more staff, or more hours or whatever. He can talk to his bosses but he personally can't do anything to speed it up.

You are however near the approximate timeframe for approvals so you should get an approval soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are however near the approximate timeframe for approvals so you should get an approval soon.

Maybe, but probably not, unless the rate of approvals changes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

I personally would NEVER have done this. Best case scenario he ignores your email. Worst case scenario he moves your file to the black abyss...

The slowdown is ridiculous, I see you filed 6-7 months ago now and that's awful, but as a professional person I would not action your email. My case load is big enough without people emailing me implying they're more important than the other people ahead of them in line. Basically blaming me for something that isn't in my control.

There's a reason for the wait. They're not sitting on their hands. they need more staff, or more hours or whatever. He can talk to his bosses but he personally can't do anything to speed it up.

i am aware it probably won't get me anywhere, but it certainly can't have any negative impact on my case. so, as you said, in the worst case scenario, he deletes my mail.

maybe i only did it for the sake of feeling like having done something. can't hurt for them to know how many people they harm with this slowdown.

and this situation has to be in somebody's control, and that somebody needs to get organised.

the problem with the approximate time frame is that it keeps moving, almost at will. and if they don't speed up, it will likely only move in one direction, which is away from today.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hmmm? I see your wait time for your NOA2 was about 4 months.....me, I am almost at 8 months waiting now. Personally, I think the more people who know how badly this is affecting petitioners and beneficiaries, the better. They are now saying we have a year to wait for our NOA2. Not acceptable and I for one am not going to sit quietly and wait in a corner.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Brilliant you made an action, narnia :thumbs:

I am just a February filer but, if CSC continues this pace they'll take more than an year to issue NOA2. My fiance and I won't just quietly sit back and watch. We'll write to the director of CSC too.

Everyone here should make action to counter this opaque and lopsided USCIS procedure.

K-1 Timeline
• Feb 22, 2013 – I-129F mailed via FedEx
• Feb 25, 2013 – USCIS Dallas Lockbox received
• Feb 27, 2013 – NOA1 date (CSC)
• Mar 04, 2013 – NOA1 hardcopy in mail

• Aug 07, 2013 – NOA2 (161 days)

• Aug 10, 2013 – NOA2 hardcopy in mail

• Sep 04, 2013 – file sent out from CSC

• Sep 12, 2013 – NVC assigned TKY case #

• Sep 13, 2013 – file in transit to TKY from NVC

• Sep 16, 2013 – CEAC site case status "READY"

• Oct 21, 2013 – Interview at Tokyo Embassy, approved in 3 minutes (236 days since NOA1)

• Oct 21, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Administrative Processing"

• Oct 22, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Issued"

• Oct 23, 2013 – K-1 visa delivered at around noon

j3sWp9.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hmmm? I see your wait time for your NOA2 was about 4 months.....me, I am almost at 8 months waiting now. Personally, I think the more people who know how badly this is affecting petitioners and beneficiaries, the better. They are now saying we have a year to wait for our NOA2. Not acceptable and I for one am not going to sit quietly and wait in a corner.

Mine was years ago. You can't compare mine to yours.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Worst case scenario he moves your file to the black abyss...

It is ludicrous to assume that someone would take such retribution because they received an email. Do you really think this way? I can only say "wow"

Officials in the government are not going to try and take retribution because you are a pain in the butt. They don't have the time or the inclination. And the fallout if it were revealed is not worth the risk. The worst case scenario is that you will be ignored. Period.

When I worked constituent relations, we knew who the real pains were. They called all the time, about everything. We rolled our eyes when they contacted us, but took care of them and answered their questions immediately. Aside from the instant contact from my team, they were given no other preferential treatment. Their cases were not expedited. They were simply told what the process was, and where their cases were in that process. We only did this because we knew they had to be dealt with. But there was no retribution.

Our biggest problem with USCIS is not that we are being singled out. Our problem is that we are just some faceless case number among millions of others. That and they are a big black box that refuses to be responsive to us about anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Mine was years ago. You can't compare mine to yours.

Oregon Bound is not comparing his case to yours. He is putting your reaction to his plight in perspective. That is quite different.

I am only 4 months in, and I am amazed at the lack of empathy I see from people who got their NOA2 in that amount of time or less, for those who have waited double or more. Please think about this before you pop off about being patient and getting to know your fiancee. It is very patronizing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am very confused about these processing times... I was given a time frame of 2-4 months by my attorney, but the website indicates 6 months and the customer service line told me the California SC is 8 months behind!! I want to keep our wedding date as planned for August but im so scared he wont b home for that and everything i hear or see is so controversial... Im wondering and hoping to meet ppl on here that have had approved K-1 visa apps in the last year and can give me a time frame...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am very confused about these processing times... I was given a time frame of 2-4 months by my attorney, but the website indicates 6 months and the customer service line told me the California SC is 8 months behind!! I want to keep our wedding date as planned for August but im so scared he wont b home for that and everything i hear or see is so controversial... Im wondering and hoping to meet ppl on here that have had approved K-1 visa apps in the last year and can give me a time frame...

There is no controversy....CSC is underprocessing I-129F's. A minority are being processed (from the July-August-september timeframe) and the few odd expedites, but the majority with NOA1 after July 18 are still waiting, and CSC still has not picked up processing since before December. There is no debate about this, these are facts.

Thanks,

Don Neufeld

How about flooding Neufeld and Arroyo inbox with messages (polite ones that is, on the K-1 issue going in)....

Once inbox are flooded, they can't receive/sent messages anymore.....That should surely get some attention.....

If the e-mail gets posted, I will do my piece....

Edited by Gosia & Tito

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.