narnia

contacted Mr. Neufeld, director of CSC

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Brilliant you made an action, narnia :thumbs:

I am just a February filer but, if CSC continues this pace they'll take more than an year to issue NOA2. My fiance and I won't just quietly sit back and watch. We'll write to the director of CSC too.

Everyone here should make action to counter this opaque and lopsided USCIS procedure.

it's hard to tell if customer's actions will show any results at all. they'll likely not change anything about their work ethics, but there still is this tiny speck of hope. i think at this point it doesn't matter anymore if you have waited for 8 months or just for 1. the predictions for the future are grimm, and as you said yourself, i refuse to sit on my behind and quietly watch how unfair this situation developed.

i encourage everybody to take an action. politely and diplomatic though.

Filed: Timeline

Thank u everone for your comments.. I am new to this.. Im actually Heather not Charles.. Im in the US and i hired an attorney that specializes in this specific petition for Nigeria.. They have never had a denial and my attorney did say the CSC is behind.. He didnt promise me 2-4 months that was just an estimate.. I think i got hopeful too soon.. Also, i dont kno all of the abbreviations being used.. What is an AP? That nigeria may or may not have? I kno many many Nigerians over here on a K-1 or at least i kno of them..i guess i will not plan my wedding til Charles is home.. N they cant visit from Nigeria n its so costly to fly over there so im just missing him n wondering how much longer til my baby comes home

Hi Heather,

Welcome to the site! AP = Administrative Processing, whereby the IV unit at the embassy/consulate do further checks (including security background checks) before visa issuance/approving visa application.

I would say spend the wait time doing lots of research, gather more evidence about your case, read and get 'zoomed' into news about immigration and above all be patient for process to play itself out.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is considered 'high fraud country' by the powers that be, but as someone pointed out earlier, there's no such thing as automatic AP there. Lagos for instance, is a very difficult embassy to go through but not impossible if one has a genuine case, have their evidentiary documents in order, and cross their t's and dot their i's. Once again, welcome to the forums and best of luck!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

How about flooding Neufeld and Arroyo inbox with messages (polite ones that is, on the K-1 issue going in)....

Once inbox are flooded, they can't receive/sent messages anymore.....That should surely get some attention.....

If the e-mail gets posted, I will do my piece....

i don't know if flooding is the key. but i figure it could make an impact, if everyone who is affected by this decrease in approvals respectfully and individually states their case in a letter or an e-mail.

it seems more appropriate than mass messages. also if a mail is sent once, maybe twice, not a dozen times. that seems like harrassment.

but yes, i agree with your spirit!

i had to play detective to find their information, but these are the mail addresses i discovered:

donald.w.neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov

susan.k.arroyo@uscis.dhs.gov

Filed: Timeline

AP is Additional Processing. Some countries get automatically put into Additional Processing (extra wait time after the visa interview or at other parts of the journey). Nigeria is NOT one of those countries, so don't freak out.

Agreed & thanks for letting all know this! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok thank u so much.. I did know that Nigeria is not a country that needs additional processing times.. I didnt kno AP meant that.. So im not freaking lol my understanding is his interview will take about 5-10 mins n as long as its all in order and approved he will leave with his visa in his passport.. I pray im correct lol

He's not going to leave the interview with the visa in his passport. At all. IF/WHEN he gets approved, they will keep his passport and he will pick it up, probably the next week, with visa in his passport.

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It might be beneficial if someone representing all the members of visa journey wrote him a well thought out letter to inquire about the slow down and to inquire as to when it will be back to normal processing times, I would think someone representing several hundred people may get his attention.

Edited by Jeffrey S

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I am very confused about these processing times... I was given a time frame of 2-4 months by my attorney, but the website indicates 6 months and the customer service line told me the California SC is 8 months behind!! I want to keep our wedding date as planned for August but im so scared he wont b home for that and everything i hear or see is so controversial... Im wondering and hoping to meet ppl on here that have had approved K-1 visa apps in the last year and can give me a time frame...

I honestly believe lawyers pull those numbers out of the sky because when I first consulted with our's she estimated my hubby would have his interview around June or July of 2012, which would have been 7 to 8 months from NOA1. She was way off.

(I know you are talking about K-1 and hubby is CR-1)

Edited by indiana_sweetie

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Timeline

It might be beneficial if someone representing all the members of visa journey wrote him a well thought out letter to inquire about the slow down and to inquire as to when it will be back to normal processing times, I would think someone representing several hundred people may get his attention.

i clearly pointed out in my mail how this affects thousands. i think this is a good idea.

when there is no selfishness in letters, but expressing how so many lives are affected negatively.

Edited by narnia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ok thank u... I really was hoping for success stories lol... Our case is very simple n basic, no kids, no criminal history, no drug or alcohol issues... All documents clear n consice.. I was hoping that meant something positive lol i just wanna get married on the date we planned wen we started this process...

I think you are taking things a bit too lightly for Nigeria. If you are not older than him/white/different religion and have visited plenty, and have a lot of evidence that you did (not pictures), then you have a good shot at a successful interview. If you do have a red flag, then you have to start preparing asap.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mine was years ago. You can't compare mine to yours.

It doesn't matter when your petition was. Last year, last month. The fact remains, yours was processed in a timely manner. My petition was filed when the service centre was stating 5 months and most seemed to be getting their NOA2's around 4-5 months. At just over 5 months we called CSC. They told us we should hear something within two weeks and if not to call back. We called back and were told we were not outside processing time anymore because they had changed the date to July 18th. We didn't get to do a service request because we were fobbed off until after they changed their processing date. Definately not fair in my opinion, so yes I will complain loudly to anyone and everyone. Two weeks on we have no reply from our congressman. I wish someone would compile a list of email addresses for every newspaper and news channel in the United States because I would email every last one of them the way I feel about the treatment of K1 filers at CSC right now!

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ohh thats good!! Im not older i am white and we have plenty of proof ive been there not just the thousands of pics :) but wat do u mean im taking it lightly for Nigeria? Culd u elaborate plz?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ohh thats good!! Im not older i am white and we have plenty of proof ive been there not just the thousands of pics :) but wat do u mean im taking it lightly for Nigeria? Culd u elaborate plz?

Nigeria is no. 1 when it comes to visa frauds - 20 smth Nigerian man scams a 50 smth American woman into marrying him then, as soon as he has his green card takes off/becomes a citizen/brings to the US his real Nigerian wife +their children. Because of that, it is difficult to obtain a visa from Nigeria. There is a whole subforum about Nigeria applicants, you might wanna read it a bit.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am very confused about these processing times... I was given a time frame of 2-4 months by my attorney, but the website indicates 6 months and the customer service line told me the California SC is 8 months behind!! I want to keep our wedding date as planned for August but im so scared he wont b home for that and everything i hear or see is so controversial... Im wondering and hoping to meet ppl on here that have had approved K-1 visa apps in the last year and can give me a time frame...

You were informed wrong by your attorney normal processing times are between 6-9 months. And by the looks of things nothing is normal right now but much longer/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I kno about Nigerian Scams.. My fiancee isnt one of those thank God... I kno him and his family very well... And i pray the processing gets better n moves along a little faster.. My attorney has cases being approved in less the 6 months & others in more.. I guess it varies on info needed.. All i do is pray everyday as im sure many on this site are also doin.. Its a process worth doin! I just cant wait for my man to b home finally!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.