narnia

contacted Mr. Neufeld, director of CSC

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I waited 18 months for my wife to get here. I visited her 3x in China while waiting. I had to call the NVC and USCIS several times to get my case moving.

And that is wrong. The system should not be this way. Especially for you; she is your wife. Good for you to keep rattling the cages. Glad she is finally with you :)

Filed: Timeline

I said no such thing.

I am well aware of his plight. I know many people who waited months, years even. My AOS took months. A friends file was "lost" and he had to contact people to get it located. My K1 actually took longer than people after me and people before me. I felt it took forever at the time (and of course now it's a drop in the bucket).

And yes, i have every belief that emailing someone you shouldn't could result in an unexpected slow-down. OR they could move your file out to get you to back off. I didn't call NVC, I didn't nag anyone. I just waited. That said, I spent the time working to save up money because I knew it would be months before I could work. As it turned out I didn't work for a couple of years and had to return to Australia for 2 months because my dad was sick and we had to put him in a nursing home.

ROC took 6 months for me, used to take 3. For VSC it was 9 months. Citizenship for my local office says it's taking 5 months, some take only 3.

The K1 petition approval takes months, but then the rest depends on your country. Australia used to be quick but now it's taking a while to get the interview letter (and there's only 1 office to interview), Canada it can take months to get an interview, other countries get months/years of Administrative Processing after the interview.

I would not have emailed that person. I would have contacted my congressperson/senator. I would contact newspapers about the slow-down (and WHY it's slowed down). But the petition approval is just the beginning. For some people that will be the shortest part... that's hardly fair.

That to me is the ultimate solution in my opinion.

I think you are taking things a bit too lightly for Nigeria. If you are not older than him/white/different religion and have visited plenty, and have a lot of evidence that you did (not pictures), then you have a good shot at a successful interview. If you do have a red flag, then you have to start preparing asap.

I wonder if the Lawyer is responsible for the laid back attitude.

It doesn't matter when your petition was. Last year, last month. The fact remains, yours was processed in a timely manner. My petition was filed when the service centre was stating 5 months and most seemed to be getting their NOA2's around 4-5 months. At just over 5 months we called CSC. They told us we should hear something within two weeks and if not to call back. We called back and were told we were not outside processing time anymore because they had changed the date to July 18th. We didn't get to do a service request because we were fobbed off until after they changed their processing date. Definately not fair in my opinion, so yes I will complain loudly to anyone and everyone. Two weeks on we have no reply from our congressman. I wish someone would compile a list of email addresses for every newspaper and news channel in the United States because I would email every last one of them the way I feel about the treatment of K1 filers at CSC right now!

The ultimate solution.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i wrote an e-mail regarding the slowdown at CSC to Donald Neufeld, its director.

surprisingly, i got a response! but it was merely what i suspect to be an automatic reply stating, and i quote:

I am out of the office until April 2nd. Please forward any time sensitive messages to Susan Arroyo.

Thanks,

Don Neufeld

so i googled this Ms. Arroyo and found out she is chief of staff of service centre operations. and her office is in Washington DC.

i don't know if that will get me any further, but i forwarded my e-mail to her, adding Mr. Neufeld sent me her direction.

now i'm waiting for the next automatic response.

thought this might be interesting information to share.

There's nothing wrong with writing to the director for some answers. When I was waiting at VSC a few months ago, I wrote the head of USCIS and I DID get a response AND I even spoke to his assistant. Whether or not he did anything about it, I don't know, but it made me feel good to know that I took some action on my case and highlighted the plight of other VSC K1 applicants. I didn't request for my case to be looked at, I requested that they work on VSC K1 applicants period. This is after writing my Congressman and Senator.

So sorry you've been waiting so long. Hopefully you'll get an approval soon.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oregon Bound is not comparing his case to yours. He is putting your reaction to his plight in perspective. That is quite different.

I am only 4 months in, and I am amazed at the lack of empathy I see from people who got their NOA2 in that amount of time or less, for those who have waited double or more. Please think about this before you pop off about being patient and getting to know your fiancee. It is very patronizing.

High five on ur comment here!!

09/27/2012 Engaged in Jamaica

12/4/2012 Texas Service Center received paperwork USPS delivery conf

12/5/2012 Touched

12/7/2012 Check cashed

12/7/2012 NOA1 sent email and SMS text..forwarded to California Service Center

12/11/2012 Website updated initial review

12/13/2012 NOA1 hardcopy received

04/16/2013 Website updated*** APPROVED!!

04/19/2013 NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

05/30/2013 medical appt

06/13/2013 interview day!! ---APPROVED!!!!

Ceac website: two weeks in "ready "

Ceac website: one week in "AP"

Ceac website: one week back in "ready"

07/10/2013 ceac website -visa:issued..no airbill number

07/15/2013 still no visa kng embassy is ran by incompetent baboons

07/17/2013 notified visa w/dhl

07/18/2013 fiance picked up visa

08/04/2013 POE

08/08/2013 Wedding Day

08/26/2013 mailed AOS,EAD,AP paperwork

08/28/2013 tracking conf papers delivered

09/04/2013 3 txt msgs recvd with cases #s

09/06/2013 check cashed

09/09/2013 recvd all (3) Noa1 hardcopies

10/01/2013 Biometrics appt (hoping to do a walk in)--successful walk in done 9-16

10/31/2013 EAD/AP approved

11/09/2013 EAD/AP in hand!

01/27/2013 Green Card in production!!

01/31/2013 Received a "welcome to America "letter

02/05/2014 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Brilliant you made an action, narnia :thumbs:

I am just a February filer but, if CSC continues this pace they'll take more than an year to issue NOA2. My fiance and I won't just quietly sit back and watch. We'll write to the director of CSC too.

Everyone here should make action to counter this opaque and lopsided USCIS procedure.

You should contact him anyway. We're Feb filers too, but the slowdown now is very intimidating to us, with no end in sight for people who filed ages ago, how does it look for us recent filers? We emailed him last week and are sending a physical letter early next week.

There are details in this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/421413-how-many-supporters-are-here/ We have a lot of people also doing this in the hope that something is done.

K1 Timeline:

15th Feb 2013 - Mailed I-129F to CSC
21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

There's nothing wrong with writing to the director for some answers. When I was waiting at VSC a few months ago, I wrote the head of USCIS and I DID get a response AND I even spoke to his assistant. Whether or not he did anything about it, I don't know, but it made me feel good to know that I took some action on my case and highlighted the plight of other VSC K1 applicants. I didn't request for my case to be looked at, I requested that they work on VSC K1 applicants period. This is after writing my Congressman and Senator.

So sorry you've been waiting so long. Hopefully you'll get an approval soon.

i didn't ask for any special treatment on my case as well. i was pointing out how the slowdown affected not only my case, but thousands of others just as much. i asked for action to be taken.

yeah. we wrote a letter to my fiancé's congressman as well. we'll send one out to senator feinstein after easter.

i think it makes sense to try to reach all the authorities.

thank you for sharing your experience! let's see if one of the people i wrote has something to say or not.

i hope for the best, but i'm also realistic. i have come to the stage of acceptance i suppose. hah!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Case Progress subforum to the USCIS Service Centers forum -- topic has evolved into strategies on remedying the pace of USCIS processing. ***

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't waste your time emailing! Use this time to get to know your fiancée better and save up for your beautiful future! xoxo

I already know my fiance very well. I wouldn't have asked somebody to marry me if I didn't know her very well.

K1 Timeline:

15th Feb 2013 - Mailed I-129F to CSC
21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

I already know my fiance very well. I wouldn't have asked somebody to marry me if I didn't know her very well.

I know right!

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Don't waste your time emailing! Use this time to get to know your fiancée better and save up for your beautiful future! xoxo

I usually just ignored this type of comment but today I had to take a deep breath n count to 100 to keep myself calm.

Wait until you are in our position (and of course many other members here) and someone tells you to do this and tell us how you feel ?

Oh well, I dont have to explain anything to you and to the rest of the world of what my fiance and I have been thru this 4 years together.

Relax, guys. I'm mocking the morons who say ####### like that. I passed the 8-month mark a few weeks ago for my K-1, so I'm right there with you.

You forgot, "take this time to get your paperwork ready for the next step"..... :wacko:

We just turned 7 months...we had our paperwork ready for the next step back on month 4......

Our K1 Timeline

August 31, 2012 ...........NOA1
April 19, 2013................NOA2

May 2, 2013...................MNL # Available

June 3, 2013..................Interview

June 18, 2013................POE Dallas

AOS Timeline

July 26, 2013.................NOA I-485

August 27, 2013............Biometrics

September 5, 2013.......Notice of Interview date (October 15)

September 30, 2013.....EAD/AP Combo card in hand.

October 15, 2013..........AOS Interview

October 22, 2013..........AOS Approved & Green Card Production Ordered

November 1, 2013........Green Card in hand!

ROC Timeline

August 12, 2015............NOA

August 31, 2015............Biometrics

March 7, 2016...............Card Production Ordered

March 11, 2016.............I55 Stamp

March 12, 2016.............Green Card in hand!

Citizenship Timeline

March 6, 2017...............NOA

March 27, 2017.............Biometrics

June 20, 2018...…………..Interview

July 13,  2018...…………..Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In addition to letters and such this is the time of the year that many Congressmembers have town hall events. If yours does and allows open questions (some do, some don't) then respectably (and succinctly) ask about the slowdown. Bring a few friends to boo when you complain (spread them out so you are not together) and to applaud if the Congressperson says that they will look into it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

In addition to letters and such this is the time of the year that many Congressmembers have town hall events. If yours does and allows open questions (some do, some don't) then respectably (and succinctly) ask about the slowdown. Bring a few friends to boo when you complain (spread them out so you are not together) and to applaud if the Congressperson says that they will look into it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just imagined that scene in my head...

USCIS

09/14/2013 - NOA1

04/22/2013 - NOA2

NVC

04/23/2013 - NVC received case

04/29/2013 - case number and IIN

04/29/2013 - DS3032 sent

05/09/2013 - AOS bill generated and paid

05/10/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID

05/13/2013 - AOS package sent

05/16/2013 - DS3032 accepted

05/16/2013 - AOS bill changes from PAID to NOT PAID! #######?! AOS bill paid again upon NVC rep's advice

05/20/2013 - IV bill generated and paid

05/20/2013 - IV package sent

06/12/2013 - case complete, woohoo smile.png

07/15/2013 - interview scheduled

08/06/2013 - interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.