rocal

Our sad interview experience in Garden City

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I am an american citizen (black) and my wife is a Canadian citizen born in romania. We went to our interview on the 4th of aug at garden city. All

racially mixed couples you should be advised that there is an officer who is very prejudiced against mixed

couples. This officer only asked 6 to 7 questions and came to the conclusion that our marriage is a fraud. We are very much in

love to each other and we were shocked to hear that we have been sent for a stokes interview. She could not tell our so called lawyer

(stay away from Oltarsh and associates) what is the reason she has sent us to the stokes interview. Her decision has been made 1-2 min after she started to interview us

when she started to write in my wife's passport "Pending". We have answered all her questions and she did not even want to take a look at our evidence

.She just threw everything in the file .We had lots of proof of a bonafide marriage (which our marriage is) :

-deed of the time share condo we bought together

-joint bank statements from 2009

-joint credit card statements

-joint annuity ownership

-joint T-mobile cell family plan

-my life insurance with wife beneficiary

-letter from my mother that we have lived with her since Feb 2009 (we got married in Jan 2010)

-endless number of pictures with us in various location(we had 3 trips to Las Vegas,one trip to Atlantic City,one to my daughter i New Hampshire)

with both of us, as well as alll my family and friends.

The only thing we think has triggered questions is that I have been married 3 times before (but all my former wives are USC) and my wife has 2 divorces

from another country and has never been petioned by an USC before.

We have hired another attorney, a real fire brand lady who will help us with the stokes interview and we hope that with our love to each other and our faith in God will be

ok at the Stokes interview which will be on Aug 24th.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

So sorry that happen to you. Good luck!

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear that! Best of luck at the Stokes interview.

Married - 3/12/10

AOS Filed - 5/13/10

Biometrics received - 6/5/10

Biometrics done - 6/9/10

RFE Received 6/10/10

Touched - 6/7/10, 6/16/10, 6/17,10 (all)

RFE delivered - 6/29/10

Resumed processing - 6/30/10

EAD Production Ordered - 7/2/10, 7/8/10, mailed 7/15/10

Touched - 7/6/10, 7/8/10 (485, 765)

Touched EAD - 7/16/10

EAD Received!! - 7/17/10

Interview - August 30, 8:45- Approved!

I'm sorry you have to encounter this situation, hopefully the stokes interview would be smoother! never lose faith :yes:

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You've been living together with your mom for over a year, and you didn't marry until January of this year? What kind of visa did she enter with? Most of the people who post in this forum are K1's, but that doesn't sound possible in your case because of the length of time you lived together before you were married.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Very sorry to hear that, from one mixed couple to another I wish you the best of luck for the stokes interview! :thumbs:

02-01-2010 - We got married
08-30-2010 - Green card arrived!!!
08-04-2012 - I-751 Package sent
08-06-2012 - I-751 Package delivered (signed for at 12:54)
08-07-2012 - NOA1 (receipt date)
08-09-2012 - Check cashed
08-17-2012 - Biometrics NOA date
08-17-2012 - Green Card Expired
09-07-2012 - Biometrics appointment
03-28-2013 - GC Approval!!
04-04-2013 - 10yr GC arrived!!

02-08-2014 - Sent N-400

02-18-2014 - N-400 Delivered after USPS sent it to the wrong zip code

02-21-2014 - Check cashed

02-18-2014 - Priority date

02-20-2014 - NOA date

03-25-2014 - Biometrics appointment

03-27-2014 - Interview letter sent

05-01-2014 - Interview date - Approved!

05-22-2014 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

** moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to "AOS (other) progress & updates" as your post indicates you are attempting to adjust from a visa other than a K1, K2, K3 & K4 which the prior forum is for)**

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

** moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to "AOS (other) progress & updates" as your post indicates you are attempting to adjust from a visa other than a K1, K2, K3 & K4 which the prior forum is for)**

It was an adjustment of status from TN visa and not from K visa. What is wrong of us living together before the marriage ?

There are lots of reasons people don't get married right away after they meet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry to hear that .

Maybe the TN visa is having the same problem as the VWP ,they are been a lot more hard on who is applying for AOS with this type of entry in the US lately.

Anyways good luck to you guys.

04/30/10 First medical appointment

05/03/10 Medical done

05/04/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago 10:25AM (day 1)

05/10/10 Receipt e-mail and text MSG :) 3:44PM (day 6)

05/11/10 Checks cash (day 7)

05/13/10 Hard copies of 3 NOA on the mail (day 9)

05/13/10 All forms "touch"(day 9)

05/24/10 biometrics appt letter, dated 05/14 appt 06/03 :) ( day 20)

05/26/10 Biometrics done via walk in 10:30AM (day 22)

05/27/10 Update on I-485 and I-765 (day 23)

06/11/10 Call USCIS for expedite EAD(day 38)

06/11/10 Update on I-765(day 38)

06/21/10 Update on I-765 Card production ordered (day 48)

06/25/10 Update on I-765 2nd Card production ordered (day 52)

06/29/10 Update on I-765 approval send (day 56)

07/02/10 EAD card received (day 59)

07/06/10 Interview letter on the mail!! (day 63)

08/10/10 Interview day APPROVED No USCIS until 2020!!(day 98)

07/10/10 SS card received

08/10/10 Update on I-485 Card production Ordered (day 98)

08/13/10 Update on I-485 2nd Card production ordered (day 101)

08/14/10 Welcome letter and approval notice received (day 102)

08/23/10 Green card received (day 111)

NwAAAD5-8F1w3eCzigCyZAklr2nKzRRQmhP6iF1bZRwJdz061pIHJjmgZ91uLJNTHYMLALebkzNY88dH1RQ87I4Gi-wAm1T1ULFqF6zy4JfqM16CoqotwBD7mFqp.jpg

It was an adjustment of status from TN visa and not from K visa. What is wrong of us living together before the marriage ?

There are lots of reasons people don't get married right away after they meet.

There is nothing wrong with it. What Jim meant is that IF your wife had entered on a K-1 visa, there would be a problem, since K-1s HAVE to marry within 90 days of entry. Most people here come on K-1, K-3 or CR-1, we are just trying to help you figure out what happened.

Fill your timeline and everyone here will be better prepared to help you, since dates of entry and kind of visa can make each case very unique. I haven't heard of a TN visa and unfortunately can't help much.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Which state are you in? I'm sure there's more than one Garden City in the United States... I know for a fact that there's one here in Idaho. I'm not sure if there's anyone you can talk to about racial prejudice, but from one mixed-race couple to another, we wish you the best of luck and hope it works out great!

Keep us updated!

sorry to hear the exp..... but I agree with you. Your past marriages and wife's past marriages triggered another interview. I dont think it has anything to do with mixed racial marriage.

We agree. Don't really see race as an issue in this case.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We are a mixed race couple and your AOS interview lasted about 10 minutes. They looked at just a couple of things from the evidence , took a couple of our new pictures to add to the pile and said you should be getting your green card in about 4 weeks. I don't think that every mixed race couple is given a hard time. But maybe if you get Lagos to issue a visa they figure you have been through enough h----

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
It was an adjustment of status from TN visa and not from K visa.

That would be why I moved it FROM the forum that deals with AOS from K visas.

What is wrong of us living together before the marriage ?There are lots of reasons people don't get married right away after they meet.

There is nothing wrong with living together before marriage (well not for immigration purposes but some people care for religious reasons) but you posted your update in the forum dedicated to K adjustment's which implied that the immigrant arrived on a K1 visa but you took a year to get married, and for a K1 visa that's a problem... still possible to AOS but it changes HOW.

As for your belief your Stokes Interview is racially motivated, I doubt it. MANY immigrants aren't of the same race as their USC spouse. Many people marry people of a different race or culture and get them to immigrate, it's unlikely it would have any bearing on the interview. It appears there are other red flags to your case. It could be that you haven't known each other long enough. Or that her last divorce is too close to her coming to the US, or too close to her current marriage.

It could be that she was still married when she came over on a TN visa, she divorced her spouse, then married a USC and now she want to get a greencard. It looks suspicious if that's the case. She could have gotten a divorce from her prior spouse right before she came over on the TN and then suddenly she had a USC partner and now she's married to them. If her TN visa is expiring soon it might look like she just got married to stay in the US. I'm not saying any of this is true, but if it WERE, each of these cases raise red flags.

If your relationship is one of love, then you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.