Gurita

I-4895 Rejection and the money amount sent it is correct ..

36 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi people

I got a I-797C letter telling us that the payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided. We don't know what to do , we reviewed over and over the documents ..We submitted two money orders in the amount of 1000 and 225 $ .Please some could help us .!

11 minutes ago, Gurita said:

Hi people

I got a I-797C letter telling us that the payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided. We don't know what to do , we reviewed over and over the documents ..We submitted two money orders in the amount of 1000 and 225 $ .Please some could help us .!

You can use the Fee calculator to double check.

https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gurita said:

Hi people

$1,225 is indeed the correct fee for I-485 from K-1. It wouldn't surprise me if the two separate money orders tripped you up here - someone at the lockbox intake saw one of them and spent all of 5 seconds concluding that the wrong fee was submitted without even looking for the other one. Did you list "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" as the payee?

7 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

You should have gone to the post office to get a money order. They can put it all on one check. Does your bank not offer Certified Checks?  

Money order is not trackable. A good old personal check is superior as you know when USCIS cashes it

27 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Money order is not trackable. A good old personal check is superior as you know when USCIS cashes it

Money order is definitely traceable. You can call the 1800 number or go to the website listed on it to see if it was cashed.

2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Money order is definitely traceable. You can call the 1800 number or go to the website listed on it to see if it was cashed.

Thank you. I just see the posts every week people not knowing whether USCIS used their money order or not. That's good to know. Do all issuers provide this service?

Additional point for personal checks - sometimes USCIS stamps / writes case number on the back of it as they cash it, so you get a picture in the banking app before you get text / mail etc with case number.

13 hours ago, Gurita said:

Hi people

use one money order 

duh

8 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

You should have gone to the post office to get a money order. They can put it all on one check. Does your bank not offer Certified Checks?  

More than one MO is not an issue. You are allowed to use multiple MOs. The only issue would be loss.

OP has yet to respond to any of our comments though so we'll never know. 

It likely had nothing to do with what we are all assuming and guessing due to lack of details. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I used a cheque, back then they did not take CCs.

It would never have occured to me to use a Money Order.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

23 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I used a cheque, back then they did not take CCs.

It would never have occured to me to use a Money Order.

CC is the subjectively the worst option out there. So many times CC charges gets denied due to potential fraud...

I'm a fan of personal checks. No downside to it, if you have the funds and have a discipline not to spend it 😃

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, OldUser said:

CC is the subjectively the worst option out there. So many times CC charges gets denied due to potential fraud...

I'm a fan of personal checks. No downside to it, if you have the funds and have a discipline not to spend it 😃

I had to write a cheque recently, could not remember where they were, must have been a year or two since I last wrote one!

And my signature....

Just wondered if cheques fall into rotary phones now?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Just wondered if cheques fall into rotary phones now?

I had to learn how to write cheques moving to the US, in Europe they went pretty much extinct 40 years ago and I never learned how to fill one out... :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.