fellaamazing

Least expensive civil surgeons list needed for I-693

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I started calling each and every civil surgeon listed in Austin TX area. but majority of them are asking for $400-$600 for complete exam. Nobody want to listen to partial exam since medical was already done in India.

Can we come up with a list of Civil Surgeons that don't charge more than $150 for completion of exam for AOS. Not full exam?

13 minutes ago, fellaamazing said:

I started calling each and every civil surgeon listed in Austin TX area. but majority of them are asking for $400-$600 for complete exam. Nobody want to listen to partial exam since medical was already done in India.

Can we come up with a list of Civil Surgeons that don't charge more than $150 for completion of exam for AOS. Not full exam?

That's a fair price to be honest. I did my exam in 2019 and it was around this price. It's great you can still find somebody willing to do the exam for this price, considering inflation in the last 5 years. Just do it. Whoever does it for $150 is a rarity. They may not do it correctly, which will cost you more in the end (delays, RFEs and potentially another exam).

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
1 minute ago, OldUser said:

That's a fair price to be honest. I did my exam in 2019 and it was around this price. It's great you can still find somebody willing to do the exam for this price, considering inflation in the last 5 years. Just do it. Whoever does it for $150 is a rarity. They may not do it correctly, which will cost you more in the end (delays, RFEs and potentially another exam).

Are you kidding me? Do you understand the K1-AOS process?

The medical exam for K1 is still supposed to be valid. They are not required to do full exam. Just a portion of I-693 needs to be filled. And no, it's not justified to charge that much for it.

4 minutes ago, fellaamazing said:

Are you kidding me? Do you understand the K1-AOS process?

The medical exam for K1 is still supposed to be valid. They are not required to do full exam. Just a portion of I-693 needs to be filled. And no, it's not justified to charge that much for it.

You can be unhappy with that, but as you can see, in reality it is what is. Good luck with the search! US medical system is very expensive.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You can be unhappy with that, but as you can see, in reality it is what is. Good luck with the search! US medical system is very expensive.

When they say your medical will remain valid, that means it should remain valid and not cost full to do it all over again! The expense is not at all about immigration. It is doctor's private practice expense.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

this is the very reason the USC is suppose to  show he/she can afford health care insurance once u r in the US

and,  yes,  old user knows about K1 / we all see the process/  nothing new here /  abide by all requests from immigration 

the panel doctors have an agreement with USCIS 

By choosing K1,  u have chosen the most expensive way to have a visa and marriage to USC

you can consider this appointment as your yearly physical and  BTW u will be billed separately for blood work and shots that are required

Why a yearly exam?   sometimes it is required by work but drs in US only write needed prescriptions for  a year so if u take something on a regular basis,  u need that yearly exam

to know how insurance works in US ,  the physican bills the health care provider who usually has an agreement to write off part of it and  then they pay the agreed on amount /so u can understand the future medical exam

according to the plan u choose ,  u may or may not have to pay

Your annual physical exam is a preventative appointment that health insurance plans typically provide for free annually. However, you may have to provide a co-pay or pay out-of-pocket for screenings, lab tests, and shots not covered or only partially covered.Jul 5, 2023

Timeline
5 minutes ago, fellaamazing said:

When they say your medical will remain valid, that means it should remain valid and not cost full to do it all over again! The expense is not at all about immigration. It is doctor's private practice expense.

depends on how complete it was done in your country/ u were in control and if u had gotten all the vaccines ,  USCIS could have said no I 693 needed 

and your case will go no further till the office gets your I 693

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

depends on how complete it was done in your country/ u were in control and if u had gotten all the vaccines ,  USCIS could have said no I 693 needed 

and your case will go no further till the office gets your I 693

They said medical is valid for a year. But I keep reading about partial I-693. Anyways don't need to sound rude, but I expect only messages from people who did K1-AOS, or experts who know full details. But I am getting comments from people all around, eventhough it is AOS from K1 and K3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, fellaamazing said:

Admins! Please update my title to include K1->AOS only! I think my thread is getting advertised in all the wrong places.

Your thread is in the Adjustment of Status from K1 forum.  Everyone is allowed to post.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, fellaamazing said:

They said medical is valid for a year. But I keep reading about partial I-693. Anyways don't need to sound rude, but I expect only messages from people who did K1-AOS, or experts who know full details. But I am getting comments from people all around, eventhough it is AOS from K1 and K3

K3 is obsolete  

I go by USCIS rules

When i applied for K1 ,  I read and reread the K1 procedure 

In 2021 the I 693 was extended but now in 2023 its back to the old ways

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-temporarily-extending-validity-period-of-form-i-693

Edited by JeanneAdil

16 minutes ago, fellaamazing said:

Time to remind you of the TOS for this site……

Also-  why do you need to redo the medical?  We didn’t.  If you voluntarily deferred doing part of it (vaccines) then that’s on you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.