HOUNOV2017

Houston N-400 Filers

1,571 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 9/12/2022 at 4:15 PM, Tania09 said:

I got my invitation for OATh on 17th, is it common to do it on Saturday?

Congratulations!! Mine is next Wednesday. I wish my spouse could attend at least 😔

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/20/2022 at 7:07 AM, chui84 said:

God is Good!!

Finally got my Oath ceremony Scheduled for 09/28/2022!!!

What location are you scheduled? I am scheduled on 10/12/22 at Campbell Education center. Can you share your experience of Oath taking and how long did it take, once you are done.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wife went for N400 interview today and was approved for combo , now waiting for oath ceremony. The wait is over.

Married 10/11/2014

AOS Application

02/05/2015 - AOS packet sent via Express mail (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02/06/2015(day ?) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
02/11/2015 (day ?) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails.
02/11/2015(day ? ) - Checks cashed
02/17/2015 (day ?) - Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-130, I-765)
02/23/2015 (day ?) - NOA for Biometrics appointment by mail. Date for 03/04/2015

02/25/2015(day ?) - Successful walk-in Biometrics
03/04/2015 (day ?) - Biometrics appointment (Original)
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card production ordered

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card mailed

04/21/2015 (day ?) - EAD/AP card received
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status showing the interview date updated -
??/??/???? (day ?) - Received NOA about the interview appointment

4/22/2015 (day ?) - Interview

10/06/2015 (day ?) - I-485 Approved

10/10/2015 (day ?) - Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 9/27/2022 at 10:21 PM, kausar said:

What location are you scheduled? I am scheduled on 10/12/22 at Campbell Education center. Can you share your experience of Oath taking and how long did it take, once you are done.

I'm located in Houston Tx  so ceremony was at the USCIS building:

810 Gears Rd Houston, TX 77067

1.Arived 3o minutes before appt Time
2.Lined up to enter building for security Check
3.Lined up again to confirm appt letter was filled in correctly and signed. Chair number written on appointment letter.
4.Sat down and an officer came by for 2nd check and signing of document and asked to see my Previous EAD's, Green cards etc.
5.Went into the room where Oath was to take place---Each chair has 2 envelops ....1 has a letter from current President congratulating you.
    2nd Envelope has oath of allegiance, American Flag and passport Application Form and Voter registration card.
6.Waited to be called and submit Appointment letter and GC's, EAD etc.
7.Explained what the next process was going to be 
8.Oath of Allegiance was  recited by Officer 
9.Explained about passport application
10.Waited to be issued certificate of naturalization-----Please confirm before leaving as they van make correction free while onsite. Once you leave its going to  cost you.

since we were 120 people it took about 2 hrs.

Edited by chui84

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, chui84 said:

I'm located in Houston Tx  so ceremony was at the USCIS building:

810 Gears Rd Houston, TX 77067

1.Arived 3o minutes before appt Time
2.Lined up to enter building for security Check
3.Lined up again to confirm appt letter was filled in correctly and signed. Chair number written on appointment letter.
4.Sat down and an officer came by for 2nd check and signing of document and asked to see my Previous EAD's, Green cards etc.
5.Went into the room where Oath was to take place---Each chair has 2 envelops ....1 has a letter from current President congratulating you.
    2nd Envelope has oath of allegiance, American Flag and passport Application Form and Voter registration card.
6.Waited to be called and submit Appointment letter and GC's, EAD etc.
7.Explained what the next process was going to be 
8.Oath of Allegiance was  recited by Officer 
9.Explained about passport application
10.Waited to be issued certificate of naturalization-----Please confirm before leaving as they van make correction free while onsite. Once you leave its going to  cost you.

since we were 120 people it took about 2 hrs.

I wish I was scheduled at this location. The process at Campbell Education Center takes 4-5 hours, I have heard.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
7 hours ago, kausar said:

I wish I was scheduled at this location. The process at Campbell Education Center takes 4-5 hours, I have heard.

Sigh. After reading your other posts, what else is so important that you are so bothered about waiting for the oath ceremony to start ?

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/13/2022 at 4:35 PM, Saif2022 said:

Anyone has oath ceremony close this month or next month ?  

Yes! October 29 at 7:45am at 810 Gears Rd. Had my combo interview October 11 at the same place. Notice mailed but pulled it up on my online USCIS account.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 12:15 PM, obanla said:

Wife went for N400 interview today and was approved for combo , now waiting for oath ceremony. The wait is over.

If it was a combo, were you required to go in with her?

On 10/14/2022 at 8:59 PM, Drbayode said:

Yes! October 29 at 7:45am at 810 Gears Rd. Had my combo interview October 11 at the same place. Notice mailed but pulled it up on my online USCIS account.

Did you assume it was going to be a combo interview or were you instructed?

Timeline
44 minutes ago, theblooray said:

I dug up info about how they adjudicate combo applications and i assumed a combo based on my findings. However, the interviewer was shocked when i walked in without my spouse. She told me that without passing the removal of condition interview(I-751) i would not be able to do the N-400 Citizenship interview. I saw both files on her table with red pen marks on every page and several sticky notes. My I-751 interview was pending interview since October 2021. I submitted N-400 December 2021. The interview letter only specified N-400 citizenship. I was not instructed. After the I-751 interview, she congratulated me and we moved to the citizenship interview(2 parts). Total time of about 1 hr.

36 minutes ago, Drbayode said:
1 hour ago, theblooray said:

I dug up info about how they adjudicate combo applications and i assumed a combo based on my findings. However, the interviewer was shocked when i walked in without my spouse. She told me that without passing the removal of condition interview(I-751) i would not be able to do the N-400 Citizenship interview. I saw both files on her table with red pen marks on every page and several sticky notes. My I-751 interview was pending interview since October 2021. I submitted N-400 December 2021. The interview letter only specified N-400 citizenship. I was not instructed. After the I-751 interview, she congratulated me and we moved to the citizenship interview(2 parts). Total time of about 1 hr.

So the Officer conducted an I-751 ( that was filed joint)…even though your spouse was NOT there? !!
Then approved ( passed) to do the N-400 ? 

Thank you for posting, seems each Field Offices use varied strategies.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Family said:

So the Officer conducted an I-751 ( that was filed joint)…even though your spouse was NOT there? !!
Then approved ( passed) to do the N-400 ? 

Thank you for posting, seems each Field Offices use varied strategies.

Yes! she only needed proof i was still with my spouse. She requested  the original birth certificates of my kids. She complained bitterly that i had no Texas Driver's license since i moved from FL in May 2019. Relocated to the US Feb 2019. I defended that with COVID-19 delays about switching ID and the fact that my travel job did not allow. My FL license valid for 7yrs. Another issue was my rental lease. I submitted N-400 December 2021 with lease ending June 2022. She requested the lease renewal document which was signed June 2022 (I did not go with a copy and the pdf was sent to my wife's email by the real estate agent). She was pissed! She requested for any 2 recent documents to confirm that i still live with my spouse at the same address. I was confused and i asked her to allow me switch on my phone and log into my utility accounts to retrieve the pdfs of recent Utility bills. She agreed and i logged on to pull the utility bills. She rejected Internet bill outrightly. She also rejected Electricity and Gas because it showed only my name on both. Finally, i was lucky with the water bill(Had the current address with both of our names on the water bill and bill was generated as paid 2 days before the interview.  After verifying the first document, she requested another to make it two. I scrambled and hopelessly flipped through the documents in my folder and saw our Texas DMV Proof Vehicle registration printed in color. She was glad that i found the second document(we renewed the vehicle registration 10 days before the interview, document had our current address and we co-own the car ) Bingo! she verified my wife's name on it and I survived the removal of condition interview-I-751. She became calm from there and the N-400 interview and tests were axed. I was with her for about 1hr.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.