HOUNOV2017

Houston N-400 Filers

1,569 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, killadocg23 said:

If so, could you please explain the process and where I would need to go in order to do this, if this situation comes up.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies/houston.html

Details about emergency passports can be found here...

Unless it's a life or death emergency that you must travel at the end of May, I wouldn't be postponing my oath as you do not know when the next one that you would be invited to would be. But that's just me...

USA via Scotland, South Africa, Rhodesia, Brazil, Qatar & India

2000. H1B…

2014. L1A…

2017. LPR…

2021. N400

2 hours ago, killadocg23 said:

Had interview today and passed here in Houston. Traveling at the end of May to go out of the country (MY WIFE DOES NOT WANT TO CANCEL THIS TRIP). Assuming my Oath is next month, Has anybody successfully taken the Oath and applied for an emergency/urgent passport right after due to already booked traveled plans? If so, could you please explain the process and where I would need to go in order to do this, if this situation comes up.

I would have rescheduling it as a last option as I am ready to be done with this immigration journey!

Thanks

Did they schedule for oath ??

5 hours ago, PVR Bound said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies/houston.html

Details about emergency passports can be found here...

Unless it's a life or death emergency that you must travel at the end of May, I wouldn't be postponing my oath as you do not know when the next one that you would be invited to would be. But that's just me...

MY wife would probably divorce me if i asked her to cancel this trip that she has been wanting to go on for years and its our anniversary and everything is already paid for and literally all our family is going already so cancelling is not an option. LOL I am not in a rush I know the IO said to just reschedule people do it all the time if they have to travel she said its pretty common but if i could get a passport in a few days and pay a hundred bucks or two i don't mind just to be done with it.

3 hours ago, MT2021 said:

Did they schedule for oath ??

Nah but I see they are doing it within 30-45 days which would push me right at the edge.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My lawyer said he sent 2 passport size photos of me when we sent the N-400. Even though they took my photo at the interview. They will use the best photos. They decide which one goes on the certificate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.