240 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, dimond said:

Hello friends!

Here is my N-400 naturalization interview experience 

--Online N400 application: 26th Nov 2023;

--Biometrics: Reused

--Interview: 18th  March 2024 @ Boston, MA.

--Oath ceremony: same day as N400 interview (same day ceremony every hour as I was told).

I had my N400 naturalization interview two days back. I have arrived at 12.15pm for 12.45pm interview and waited almost for 45mins and then interview officer came out and called my name. He was such an easygoing guy, I was a little nervous but he made me feel like “You gonna have the easiest interview of your entire life😇”. I took an oath, then asked me for interview letter, and a greencard to conduct an interview.

He asked civic test questions, saying hope you studied well all the questions;

1.     How many members are in House of representatives?

2.     Name one branch of government.

3.     What is one responsibility that is only for United States citizens?

4.     What did Suzan B Anthony do?

5.     Name two national holidays.

6.     Who is the speaker of the house?

Reading: Who can Vote?

Writing: Citizens can vote.

Asked question from N-400 about my name, date of birth, employer and job title, and my education. He didn’t have asked to see any single document. And then said “I am approving your Citizenship, Congratulations”, and offered me same day oath option which I grabbed that opportunity right away and had my oath in next half an hour.  Honesty, he didn’t take more than 15 minutes for completing the whole interview. Finally, immigration circle is completed and feeling being relieved now.

Hope everyone here in this thread would have the similar easy interview experience. Good luck!  

Congratulations @dimond for becoming a fresh, new U.S. citizen!

Glad to see Boston office is doing same day oath ceremony.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, MunnoTheCat said:

There is no YES / NO questions in civic test. They either ask you to answer verbally or want you to write down the entire answer. In your N400 applications, there are a set of questions which you marked either yes or no when you were filling up your N400 application. For example "have you been ever detained or arrested?" IO may ask you the same question and would want to see the same response as dictated already in your application either yes or no.

Make sure you are well prepared with civic test. There is this app USCIS: study test tool. Download it on your phone and go through with all the questions. There are some questions that you may not find answers as it is related to the state you live in. Questions like who's the governor of your state, who's the senator of your state. To find the answers on these questions click on the link right below to that question in the app. Let me know if anything. 

That’s what I meant. The Civics questions and the Yes/No. I’ve used multiple apps but the best is the PDF from the USCIS site. 

Edited by Visitor User

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone:

last week my interview was scheduled for april 24. Today I checked my online account and it says interview cancelled. did That happen to any of you guys?

15 hours ago, Jad19888 said:

Hi everyone:

last week my interview was scheduled for april 24. Today I checked my online account and it says interview cancelled. did That happen to any of you guys?

It does happen. Nothing to worry about. Sometimes office gets busy and has to reschedule interviews. Monitor the mail. If you receive physical mail to attend, you may still want to do it to be 100% sure you won't miss the interview. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone! Is anyone still waiting on their interview to be scheduled? I applied in the beginning of November, still says "Actively reviewing". Yesterday, the timeline changed from 22 days to 3 months 🫣

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, viktoriiam said:

Hello everyone! Is anyone still waiting on their interview to be scheduled? I applied in the beginning of November, still says "Actively reviewing". Yesterday, the timeline changed from 22 days to 3 months 🫣

Nothing to worry there. Timeline is not reliable. When I got my interview date, my timeline changed from 6 months to 7 months. Hopefully you’ll get a date soon!

2 hours ago, s.ramos510 said:

Failed english,

Please clarify with your husband exactly what happened during the interview. "Reading and writing" IS the English test, so what is going on?

You can't pass reading and writing and fail the English test. What is the box checked on the form your husband got from the officer?

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, jackiegringa said:

Please clarify with your husband exactly what happened during the interview. "Reading and writing" IS the English test, so what is going on?

You can't pass reading and writing and fail the English test. What is the box checked on the form your husband got from the officer?

My husband knows basic english, he was super nervous and anxious as this was his first time in an uscis office. His visa was issued abroad at an embassy in his native language. 

He arrived, adjudicator did not do small talks , she also had a thick accent so he was caught off guard in so many ways.  She asked him to remain standing and take the oath and he froze, when he finally understood what she was asking he did it. They finalized the oath, she asked him what did we just do and he froze again.  He said words didn’t come out of his mouth although he knew what she was asking him. He showed her his hands and she said relax breath, but no excuse to be nervous.  

Now we will do the civics: 

1. name your us senator? 
2. Name speaker of the house? 
3. how long we elect a senator? 
4. state that borders mexico ? 

she said congrats, you passed, now reading. 

He read: When is columbus day? “Congrats, now write “Columbus day is in October.” 
 He wrote it un cursive and she asked to do it in print and to spell it, he did. Congrats, now lets move to the n400. 

asked his legal name, emphasis on his middle name, and his age. Then asked how did he get his green card?

*1st mistake* he gave his number, then he said sorry my wife petitioned me, Im nervous. 

whats your current address? He provided street name, number, apt, and city. She asked for zip? But he states that with her accent it sounded like “sign” or “sit” he repeated his address without the zip. 

she concluded the interview there and printed the n-652, told him not to worry that he would have another opportunity and will not need to do civics, reading and writing. asked if he had children, and to practice english with them and to leave the room to the left.  Did not walked him out. 

image.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, viktoriiam said:

Same here , it is still under Actively reviewing. It went from " 1 day until decision" to " Your case is taking longer than expected to process" ... 

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

On 3/28/2024 at 11:41 AM, viktoriiam said:

The timeline estimate is a random number. Nothing to worry about.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby has his interview/test Monday at the Portland Oregon USCIS office which is about two hours from home. Looking at the reports here in VJ related to Portland, it looks 50/50 whether or not he gets sworn in same day or not. I enjoyed seeing that some people got sworn in on leap day this year, that will be a fun anniversary for them. If hubby is sworn in on Monday, it will be April Fools day and that's kinda hilarious to us.

I didn't go up for his biometrics exam, but I'm coming Monday, just in case there is a ceremony to attend! He's a native English speaker from Canada so we're not worried about that part. He's been studying the civics and should be good to go there too. Paperwork is all organized and ready to go. The main worry will be managing the nervousness, and that gets a lot of us, I know.

I will hopefully be back with good news for the VJ community soon! 

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

8 hours ago, Lois K said:

Hubby has his interview/test Monday at the Portland Oregon USCIS office which is about two hours from home. Looking at the reports here in VJ related to Portland, it looks 50/50 whether or not he gets sworn in same day or not. I enjoyed seeing that some people got sworn in on leap day this year, that will be a fun anniversary for them. If hubby is sworn in on Monday, it will be April Fools day and that's kinda hilarious to us.

I didn't go up for his biometrics exam, but I'm coming Monday, just in case there is a ceremony to attend! He's a native English speaker from Canada so we're not worried about that part. He's been studying the civics and should be good to go there too. Paperwork is all organized and ready to go. The main worry will be managing the nervousness, and that gets a lot of us, I know.

I will hopefully be back with good news for the VJ community soon! 

Good luck! If he applies under 3 year rule, your presence in the building is very beneficial. My spouse never attended biometrics appointment with me, that's not required. But interviews - yes.

Hi all. I was scheduled for the interview last week. A week ago it had started the countdown 31 days to decision and then when it was gonna say 20 days, I saw the interview schedule notice. Here's the updated timeline;

- N-400 Application for Naturalization Submitted: November 8, 2023(filed online in Florida)

- Biometric Reuse: December 13, 2023

- Interview scheduled on March 26, 2024,

- Interview date: May 15, 2024

Good luck and patience to everyone...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.