NovaDC

November 2023 N-400 Filers

244 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 3/3/2024 at 2:51 PM, BeautifulAmerica said:

@whiterose123,

Hmm...I still see the Estimated Time section

Has it reappeared for you, or still not available in your Profile section?

Irrespective, we can perhaps better predict the weather this week than the estimated case time:)

image.thumb.png.0e875727d773d3b8e5386c1078abcb35.png

h

It's back up now, it says 16 days. It keeps counting down the days now , trying to not get my hopes up 🫠

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello All - So, Spring is knocking at the door and brought some news for me.

Interview was scheduled!

Case History:

1. Case Submitted: Nov 22, '23

2. Biometrics Reuse: Nov 22, '23

3. Interview Notice: Mar 8, '24 (Women's Day!)

- Wait Time: 3.5 months

4. Interview Date: April 22, '24

Case Type: 5 years, filed 90 days prior

Wish me luck! Time to learn all those lovely Civics test questions

love,

Beautiful America

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, BeautifulAmerica said:

Hello All - So, Spring is knocking at the door and brought some news for me.

Interview was scheduled!

Case History:

1. Case Submitted: Nov 22, '23

2. Biometrics Reuse: Nov 22, '23

3. Interview Notice: Mar 8, '24 (Women's Day!)

- Wait Time: 3.5 months

4. Interview Date: April 22, '24

Case Type: 5 years, filed 90 days prior

Wish me luck! Time to learn all those lovely Civics test questions

love,

Beautiful America

Great news ! Best of luck ! what office is that ?

Edited by whiterose123

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends!

Here is my N-400 naturalization interview experience 

--Online N400 application: 26th Nov 2023;

--Biometrics: Reused

--Interview: 18th  March 2024 @ Boston, MA.

--Oath ceremony: same day as N400 interview (same day ceremony every hour as I was told).

I had my N400 naturalization interview two days back. I have arrived at 12.15pm for 12.45pm interview and waited almost for 45mins and then interview officer came out and called my name. He was such an easygoing guy, I was a little nervous but he made me feel like “You gonna have the easiest interview of your entire life😇”. I took an oath, then asked me for interview letter, and a greencard to conduct an interview.

He asked civic test questions, saying hope you studied well all the questions;

1.     How many members are in House of representatives?

2.     Name one branch of government.

3.     What is one responsibility that is only for United States citizens?

4.     What did Suzan B Anthony do?

5.     Name two national holidays.

6.     Who is the speaker of the house?

Reading: Who can Vote?

Writing: Citizens can vote.

Asked question from N-400 about my name, date of birth, employer and job title, and my education. He didn’t have asked to see any single document. And then said “I am approving your Citizenship, Congratulations”, and offered me same day oath option which I grabbed that opportunity right away and had my oath in next half an hour.  Honesty, he didn’t take more than 15 minutes for completing the whole interview. Finally, immigration circle is completed and feeling being relieved now.

Hope everyone here in this thread would have the similar easy interview experience. Good luck!  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, dimond said:

Hello friends!

Here is my N-400 naturalization interview experience 

--Online N400 application: 26th Nov 2023;

--Biometrics: Reused

--Interview: 18th  March 2024 @ Boston, MA.

--Oath ceremony: same day as N400 interview (same day ceremony every hour as I was told).

I had my N400 naturalization interview two days back. I have arrived at 12.15pm for 12.45pm interview and waited almost for 45mins and then interview officer came out and called my name. He was such an easygoing guy, I was a little nervous but he made me feel like “You gonna have the easiest interview of your entire life😇”. I took an oath, then asked me for interview letter, and a greencard to conduct an interview.

He asked civic test questions, saying hope you studied well all the questions;

1.     How many members are in House of representatives?

2.     Name one branch of government.

3.     What is one responsibility that is only for United States citizens?

4.     What did Suzan B Anthony do?

5.     Name two national holidays.

6.     Who is the speaker of the house?

Reading: Who can Vote?

Writing: Citizens can vote.

Asked question from N-400 about my name, date of birth, employer and job title, and my education. He didn’t have asked to see any single document. And then said “I am approving your Citizenship, Congratulations”, and offered me same day oath option which I grabbed that opportunity right away and had my oath in next half an hour.  Honesty, he didn’t take more than 15 minutes for completing the whole interview. Finally, immigration circle is completed and feeling being relieved now.

Hope everyone here in this thread would have the similar easy interview experience. Good luck!  

That was quick. So you got the first 6 correct? They asked all Yes/No questions from the application?

36 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

That was quick. So you got the first 6 correct? They asked all Yes/No questions from the application?

they don't normally asked all of them in yes / no format. It depends what question he may be asking you though. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, MunnoTheCat said:

they don't normally asked all of them in yes / no format. It depends what question he may be asking you though. 

Which Yes/No did they ask?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone:

I just checked my online account yesterday and it says Interview scheduled for april 24. I applied on November 25, 2023 and I have a pending I751. 
We are moving to a new house on april 15. We are staying in the same county. Do you guys know how long it takes for USCIS to update the new address after you do it online. Since we moving on april 15, is it better to do the address change on that date or Is there a way to start it few days before just to make sure I don’t miss any letters from USCIS in the transition period. 

9 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Both. 

There is no YES / NO questions in civic test. They either ask you to answer verbally or want you to write down the entire answer. In your N400 applications, there are a set of questions which you marked either yes or no when you were filling up your N400 application. For example "have you been ever detained or arrested?" IO may ask you the same question and would want to see the same response as dictated already in your application either yes or no.

Make sure you are well prepared with civic test. There is this app USCIS: study test tool. Download it on your phone and go through with all the questions. There are some questions that you may not find answers as it is related to the state you live in. Questions like who's the governor of your state, who's the senator of your state. To find the answers on these questions click on the link right below to that question in the app. Let me know if anything. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.