NovaDC

November 2023 N-400 Filers

244 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2024 at 1:28 PM, Ali___ said:

No nothing yet. It's showing 20 days remaining, going down 1 day each day haha. I got my GC on 2/7/2019, and applied on 11/14 last year. Fingers crossed.

My interview got scheduled yesterday, 2/21, for March 27th. The count down on the number of remaining days had gone down to 7 days, then I login yesterday and see that it has gone up yo 7 "months"! but then noticed the interview is scheduled! 😀 I have traveled to Canada for a month to visit my family, but I think it should be okay for the interview! Best of luck to everyone still waiting for the interview notice:)

Edited by Ali___

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, qrk said:

Interview today was a breeze. less than 15 minutes. Now I'm waiting on the ceremony notice. Finally, my immigration journey is coming to a successful end.

Congratulations 🎊🍾🎉 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, qrk said:

Interview today was a breeze. less than 15 minutes. Now I'm waiting on the ceremony notice. Finally, my immigration journey is coming to a successful end.

What questions did they ask?

15 hours ago, Ali___ said:

My interview got scheduled yesterday, 2/21, for March 27th. The count down on the number of remaining days had gone down to 7 days, then I login yesterday and see that it has gone up yo 7 "months"! but then noticed the interview is scheduled! 😀 I have traveled to Canada for a month to visit my family, but I think it should be okay for the interview! Best of luck to everyone still waiting for the interview notice:)

Congratulations man….. m waiting for the interview on day 25 so hope to get it soon …. yeah better to go after interview…. What’s your Field office?? Houston or Dallas??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, qrk said:

Auguri!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview today was smooth!

Really impressed with the Houston Field Office staff, everyone was kind from the security staff, check-in staff, biometric techs and immigration officers.  I think everyone I talked to ended the interaction with a very kind “good luck today” or congratulatory remark. 

tips for everyone:

- relax, and go slow (I was shaking like a leaf an my interviewing officer remarked on it - but in a very kind, trying to put me at ease kind of way) 

- if you’re in a new tax filing year since you applied, have that tax return or proof you’ve submitted it with you 

- relationship photos post immigration are a great idea to provide when you apply, my officer looked through those with me in the room made comments on them and said he was good with those

- when you get to the reading/writing question GO SLOW - even as a native English speaker it’s easy to have nerves mess you up. I read “is” instead of “was” in a sentence the first time because of how nervous I was. The officer was very kind in prompting me to slow down and read carefully. 

tips/notes for Houston FO attendees: 

- it’s loud in the waiting area, and two sets of numbers were being called out at once. First set is to go to a window for photo and fingerprint check. Second set is to go to a certain door to meet your immigration officer.  Sit near the display until your first number is called for biometrics, then move closer to the door for your actual interview number. 
- it appears spouses were allowed into the waiting area with you, just not back into the interview. Can’t say for sure, but that’s the impression I got based on observing other couples. 
- don’t arrive too early, they turned a few people away who were more than 30 minutes in advance. I arrived 20 minutes early, then waited in the car until 10 minutes before my appointment and was allowed right in. 
- remember you’ll go through security when you enter, so limit the amount of metal on your person (ie heavy shoes/belt/big jewelry) 

Timeline
10 hours ago, ONtoHOU said:

Interview today was smooth!

Really impressed with the Houston Field Office staff, everyone was kind from the security staff, check-in staff, biometric techs and immigration officers.  I think everyone I talked to ended the interaction with a very kind “good luck today” or congratulatory remark. 

tips for everyone:

- relax, and go slow (I was shaking like a leaf an my interviewing officer remarked on it - but in a very kind, trying to put me at ease kind of way) 

- if you’re in a new tax filing year since you applied, have that tax return or proof you’ve submitted it with you 

- relationship photos post immigration are a great idea to provide when you apply, my officer looked through those with me in the room made comments on them and said he was good with those

- when you get to the reading/writing question GO SLOW - even as a native English speaker it’s easy to have nerves mess you up. I read “is” instead of “was” in a sentence the first time because of how nervous I was. The officer was very kind in prompting me to slow down and read carefully. 

tips/notes for Houston FO attendees: 

- it’s loud in the waiting area, and two sets of numbers were being called out at once. First set is to go to a window for photo and fingerprint check. Second set is to go to a certain door to meet your immigration officer.  Sit near the display until your first number is called for biometrics, then move closer to the door for your actual interview number. 
- it appears spouses were allowed into the waiting area with you, just not back into the interview. Can’t say for sure, but that’s the impression I got based on observing other couples. 
- don’t arrive too early, they turned a few people away who were more than 30 minutes in advance. I arrived 20 minutes early, then waited in the car until 10 minutes before my appointment and was allowed right in. 
- remember you’ll go through security when you enter, so limit the amount of metal on your person (ie heavy shoes/belt/big jewelry) 

My interview will be at Houston FO too. 

AOS interview was there as well.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country:
Timeline

Submitted online on Nov 7 based on 5 year rule.

Interview in LA on Feb 15, approved on the spot and did the same day ceremony.

I didn't know they are literally doing rounds of oaths like that every 30 mins lol. Everyone was friendly, smiling and helpful.

Great experience. Good luck everyone. 

image.thumb.png.e428c50687e107893c9c8609f3f2674b.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
46 minutes ago, kbhq said:

I didn't know they are literally doing rounds of oaths like that every 30 mins lol. Everyone was friendly, smiling and helpful.

Congratulations!🎉 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, kbhq said:

Congratulations 🎉🎉

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Where should we study for the civics exam from ?

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, whiterose123 said:

Where should we study for the civics exam from ?

100 Civics Questions and Answers for the 2008 Test with MP3 Audio (English version) | USCIS

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

That’s the 2008 version. 

Yes, it is.....It is the current version.

USCIS Reverts to the 2008 Version of the Naturalization Civics Test | USCIS

The 2020 test will be phased out on April 19, 2021, for initial test takers. Applicants filing on or after March 1, 2021, will take the 2008 civics test.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.