NovaDC

November 2023 N-400 Filers

244 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, dimond said:

Finally, the status was updated last Friday and the interview was scheduled at the Boston office for 18th March. 

I have submitted N-400 on 26th November. 

Congrats! Do you have an I-751 pending? I’m also waiting for Boston N-400 interview.

On 2/5/2024 at 1:27 PM, dimond said:

Finally, the status was updated last Friday and the interview was scheduled at the Boston office for 18th March. 

I have submitted N-400 on 26th November. 

Congratulations and good luck! 

Still waiting for interview scheduling on my side, applied on Nov 16th - FO: Fairfax VA. Anyone waiting interview to be scheduled?

On 1/28/2024 at 2:47 PM, Ali___ said:

Another update to wait time from 2 months last week (1/22), to 31 days today (1/28). 

Probably just some random numbers, but we'll see!

-----

Wait time changed from 6 months to 5 months late Dec. and from 5 months to 2 months yesterday.

Probably no significance but fingers crossed!

5 year employment GC, 90 days early submittal

Filing Date: Nov 14, 2023

Receipt Notice: Nov 14, 2023 

Biometric Reuse: Nov 14, 2023

Interview Date: Pending

Field Office: Online (based in TX)

Any update??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello beautiful people,

A little update. I got my US passport.

I applied January 29th and I received it February 9th. I am glad I didn’t pay extra for it to be expedited.

So just 12 days. Maybe something that you may consider when you apply for your passport. Also, I am still waiting for my certificate of Naturalization to be sent back to me. They said not to be anxious. It’s SOP that they send it separately.

42 minutes ago, NovaDC said:

Hello beautiful people,

A little update. I got my US passport.

I applied January 29th and I received it February 9th. I am glad I didn’t pay extra for it to be expedited.

So just 12 days. Maybe something that you may consider when you apply for your passport. Also, I am still waiting for my certificate of Naturalization to be sent back to me. They said not to be anxious. It’s SOP that they send it separately.

Congratulations!!! Finally the full journey is completed. Still waiting for my interview to be scheduled 😔

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

So here’s something I didn’t see coming…

My interview was scheduled for tomorrow morning, and I was looking forward to it.

I started feeling under the weather on Sunday but didn’t worry too much about it. It got worse over the past two days, so I decided to get checked out today.

Turns out it’s Covid! 🤬

I had to call USCIS to reschedule my appointment, and I'm frustrated!

Shortly after, I got a confirmation email that my interview had been canceled and that I had been placed back in the scheduling queue.

I wonder how long this is going to set me back. I'm guessing 4 to 6 weeks at least, if not more.

Hope everyone else is having a better day!

12 hours ago, Germerican said:

So here’s something I didn’t see coming…

My interview was scheduled for tomorrow morning, and I was looking forward to it.

I started feeling under the weather on Sunday but didn’t worry too much about it. It got worse over the past two days, so I decided to get checked out today.

Turns out it’s Covid! 🤬

I had to call USCIS to reschedule my appointment, and I'm frustrated!

Shortly after, I got a confirmation email that my interview had been canceled and that I had been placed back in the scheduling queue.

I wonder how long this is going to set me back. I'm guessing 4 to 6 weeks at least, if not more.

Hope everyone else is having a better day!

Very sorry to hear about this unexpected hurdle. Hope you feel better and will soon get your interview rescheduled. Take care Bro! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Ouch! Sorry to hear this @Germerican

Hope you feel better soon.

One good outcome - You will end up having Oath ceremony in slightly more warmer weather:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone!
The last few days were rough, healthwise, but today is looking better.

I have already received a new interview date—April 11th. So, I was right with my time frame estimate of 4-6 weeks, and I'm okay with it. It's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I was a little nervous about the rescheduling process, but in the end, it was super easy. I called the USCIS Contact Center number listed on my Interview letter less than 24 hours before my interview. I told them I was sick and needed to reschedule. They asked if this was my first time rescheduling, and once I confirmed, they said it shouldn't be a problem. They take note of your request to reschedule and forward it to the field office. I was told that if I didn't hear from them (the FO) within 72 hours, I should call the Contact Center and ask for an update. The following day, even before my original interview time, I already had a new interview date.

I asked my doctor for a note and confirmation of my COVID diagnosis, just in case, but I wasn't asked to provide anything. I'll keep it on hand, just in case.

So, just a small bump in the road, and as @BeautifulAmerica said, at least the weather should be warmer for the oath ceremony! 😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.