dwilder

I-751 - No Updates and about to Expire

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hello,

We filed our our I-751 almost 2 years ago, before the initial 2 year Permanent Residence Expired. We received a notice of a 2 year extension not long after, but have heard nothing since.  We got notice the driver's license will soon expire.  When checking the case online it just states the Case was updated to Show Fingerprints taken, which was shortly after filing.

We have moved since submitting the paperwork and filed the documents stating we have moved, but didn't receive any updates.  The UCSIS website says it's taking 28.5 months to process through the Potomac Center which is past our expiration date. Has this happened to anyone else yet? Is there anyone we can reach out to? I've tried calling any contact number I can find and submitting case inquiries online but receive nothing back.

Any help or insight is very much appreciated.    We have another child on the way and with all our documents expiring it is adding some stress.

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

AOS, AP, EAD NOA1 - 04/05/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

AOS Interview - 06/13/2019

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
7 minutes ago, dwilder said:

We have moved since submitting the paperwork and filed the documents stating we have moved, but didn't receive any updates

You did not get a 48 month extension letter?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You did not get a 48 month extension letter?

We have not unless it went to our old address. Last we received was a 24 month.

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline
Just now, dwilder said:

We have not unless it went to our old address. Last we received was a 24 month.

I would call USCIS and ask for your 48 month letter.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Very much appreciate the insight!  Do you know of the best number to call or what to say to bypass the machine? I haven't had luck getting a real person or maybe I'm saying the wrong stuff to get the machine to help me.

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Unfortunately, they aren't much of a help. I'm in a similar situation, didn't receive a 48-month extension letter. I already sent two e-requests about a missing form (no response), called 4 different people (Tier 2, infopass), and two of them said the only thing they  can do is submit a e-request for me but because I already had one pending they couldn't. Another two told me they can get someone from my local office to contact me regarding a I-551 stamp. Eventually, I got someone from San Francisco field office to call me and they sent me a paper saying that my I-551 is approved, and I will be receiving it via mail in the next week or two. I still don't know why I can't get my 48-months extension. I was also told that my second e-request was already assigned to an officer, but it's been 3 weeks now and I kinda doubt that officer will respond in the next week before the request expires again.

Anyway, you can tell I'm full of frustration :D 

Edited by Olga&Jared

Timeline
1 hour ago, dwilder said:

Very much appreciate the insight!  Do you know of the best number to call

For your protection, use the number in 

https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter under live assistance.

or what to say to bypass the machine? 

Say “info pass”

Timeline
11 hours ago, OldUser said:

@Olga&Jared did for example, but that didn't seem to have effect on I-751 just yet.

True. My I-751 was transferred to NBC shortly after filing but nothing else happened. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

True. My I-751 was transferred to NBC shortly after filing but nothing else happened. 

My wife's I-751 sat at MSC for 40 months...until she filed her N-400.  Then it took 4 more months for approval. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

My wife's I-751 sat at MSC for 40 months...until she filed her N-400.  Then it took 4 more months for approval. 

Geez that's a long time! It probably also depends on a local office. San Francisco one is slow and random. Some people who filed in December 2022-January 2023 got their interviews in April-May while others who filed earlier are still waiting. It also seems like they prioritize cases based on a 5 year rule for citizenship. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Olga&Jared said:

Unfortunately, they aren't much of a help. I'm in a similar situation, didn't receive a 48-month extension letter. I already sent two e-requests about a missing form (no response), called 4 different people (Tier 2, infopass), and two of them said the only thing they  can do is submit a e-request for me but because I already had one pending they couldn't. Another two told me they can get someone from my local office to contact me regarding a I-551 stamp. Eventually, I got someone from San Francisco field office to call me and they sent me a paper saying that my I-551 is approved, and I will be receiving it via mail in the next week or two. I still don't know why I can't get my 48-months extension. I was also told that my second e-request was already assigned to an officer, but it's been 3 weeks now and I kinda doubt that officer will respond in the next week before the request expires again.

Anyway, you can tell I'm full of frustration :D 

Ugh sorry to hear that! I definitely feel your pain! Been a  frustrating process. 

@Mike EEEE

Either of you have word of wisdom of how to get someone on the phone after stating infopass? I keep trying but just redirects me to website. 

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Ugh sorry to hear that! I definitely feel your pain! Been a  frustrating process. 

@Mike EEEE

Either of you have word of wisdom of how to get someone on the phone after stating infopass? I keep trying but just redirects me to website. 

chat / call uscis :

first question say " info pass"

second question say "live agent"

you will bypass bot that way

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

chat / call uscis :

first question say " info pass"

second question say "live agent"

you will bypass bot that way

Thank you so much for the info!

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.