COPK

I-485 Processing Time 2023

30 posts in this topic

1) What is your package of documents exactly?

2) do you have a copy of what should have been filed

3) work or family based?

I assume family (because you said out of status):

1) I would start i-130 online (I assume you don't have this filed) and when it's about ready to go, ask the lawyer to give

you proof of mailing or you will file it online AND report her to the state bar if she doesn't pony up a refund immediately.

Save each screen as you fill it out.

2) once you have the i-130 receipt (should be fast if filled online), then you do the paper-based I-485 youself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Fire the attorney - file on your own like the rest of us. You have already wasted $4000 on a lawyer that never even sent your petition, who did nothing for you. Don't keep wasting money - or time for that matter.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

1 hour ago, manyfudge said:

3) work or family based?

1) I would start i-130 online (I assume you don't have this filed) and when it's about ready to go, ask the lawyer to give

you proof of mailing or you will file it online AND report her to the state bar if she doesn't pony up a refund immediately.

2) once you have the i-130 receipt (should be fast if filled online), then you do the paper-based I-485 youself.

They posted in K1 visa AOS section, if that’s correct and they married within 90 days, there’s no I-130 involved.

2 hours ago, manyfudge said:

3) work or family based?

Why should they file an I-130?   This is not needed.   

14 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

you need to take action and report this attorney to the American Bar Association

this is not normal and she should have been on top of this

Do u have any proofs she sent the petition in?

I asked for the delivery tracking number because I don’t have any proof that she sent it in. Anyway, do I need a lawyer to report her to the ABA? 

13 hours ago, manyfudge said:

3) work or family based?

It’s my married based I-485 package, I already have my I-130 approved. Also this isn’t my first green card application. My previous case was denied because I was not eligible to receive the green card, but I am now. 

Also I can’t file my I-485 online right? Because i need the sealed medical examination report? 

2 hours ago, COPK said:

It’s my married based I-485 package, I already have my I-130 approved. Also this isn’t my first green card application. My previous case was denied because I was not eligible to receive the green card, but I am now. 

Also I can’t file my I-485 online right? Because i need the sealed medical examination report? 

You're adjusting from a J1 visa, correct? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
21 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

I think you have a lazy, lying attorney.  

I do not believe this is an attorney.

@COPK is your attorney listed in the state bar and at https://www.ailalawyer.com/ ?

20 hours ago, powerpuff said:

My question exactly, what if she never actually sent it? 

I do not believe it was sent.

I would DIY an I-485 package immediately, cancel the old check to USCIS, and take the “lawyer” to small claims court.

5 hours ago, Redro said:

You're adjusting from a J1 visa, correct? 

Yes, after all the struggles I’ve been through and facing this right now make me feel so devastated. 

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I do not believe this is an attorney.

@COPK is your attorney listed in the state bar and at https://www.ailalawyer.com/ ?

I do not believe it was sent.

I would DIY an I-485 package immediately, cancel the old check to USCIS, and take the “lawyer” to small claims court.

She’s listed in the state bar but not in the website.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to AOS from Work, Student and Tourist Visas, from AOS Family K1/K3 P&P - the OP is adjust from J1~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, COPK said:

She’s listed in the state bar but not in the website.

So not an immigration attorney.

On 5/25/2023 at 11:16 AM, COPK said:

Hi, my lawyer sent my green card application package at the beginning of February this year, but we haven’t seen USCIS cash our check yet. My lawyer said there’s nothing we can do since we don’t have a receipt or case number. I don’t know what to do since I’m running out of time. I heard most cases get their receipt within 2 weeks or a month after they mailed their applications, but my case is almost 5 months already. Is there any suggestion of what I should do? Thank you. 

Do it yourself.. I do mine too.. 5 months is wayy too long .. but my advise is send full package include medical check up.. keep the receipt (prove) that you pay your attorney.. I do live chat with agent when they didn’t respond that they receive my mail when it hit 15 days after I send my package and they said it take 30 days but the next day after my enquiry thanks Lord they change my status to receive my package 

5 hours ago, Jac16 said:

Do it yourself.. I do mine too.. 5 months is wayy too long .. but my advise is send full package include medical check up.. keep the receipt (prove) that you pay your attorney.. I do live chat with agent when they didn’t respond that they receive my mail when it hit 15 days after I send my package and they said it take 30 days but the next day after my enquiry thanks Lord they change my status to receive my package 

How do you check your status to see it was received? I suppose you don’t have any case number yet until they mail you the receipt right? 

3 hours ago, COPK said:

How do you check your status to see it was received? I suppose you don’t have any case number yet until they mail you the receipt right? 

Yes.. I use usps priority mail and sign to approve.. and it reach USCIS the2nd day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.