COPK

I-485 Processing Time 2023

30 posts in this topic

Hi, my lawyer sent my green card application package at the beginning of February this year, but we haven’t seen USCIS cash our check yet. My lawyer said there’s nothing we can do since we don’t have a receipt or case number. I don’t know what to do since I’m running out of time. I heard most cases get their receipt within 2 weeks or a month after they mailed their applications, but my case is almost 5 months already. Is there any suggestion of what I should do? Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Your attorney is lazy.  It is well past time to receive an NOA1.  I would stop payment on the check, fire the attorney, then refile myself.  I would demand a refund from the lazy lawyer.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

receipt would have gone to the lawyer

she needs to contact the attorney

not sure what u mean by "i'm running out of time"  but this process will take time

lawyer should give u copy ot the receipt

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

not sure what u mean by "i'm running out of time"  but this process will take time

Who is "She"?  Op has been in contact with lazy attorney.   USCIS has not cashed the OP's check.   There is no receipt.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Edit: Misunderstood problem, see @Crazy Cat's answer

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
1 minute ago, slavaskii said:

5 months is far, far too short of a time to expect an AOS decision. 12 months for *some movement* is to be expected for most field offices, be thankful if you get EAD / AP in the meantime.

The OP is not expecting a decision yet.  There is no NOA1 yet.  The OP said USCIS has not cashed his/her check.   

Edited by Crazy Cat

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
Just now, Crazy Cat said:

There is no NOA1.  The OP said USCIS has not cashed his/her check.  

Apologies! I was just editing my post as you replied.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
1 minute ago, slavaskii said:

Apologies! I was just editing my post as you replied.

Thanks.  5 months is way, way too long for an NOA1.....

42 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Your attorney is lazy.  It is well past time to receive an NOA1.  I would stop payment on the check, fire the attorney, then refile myself.  I would demand a refund from the lazy lawyer.

I agree that it’s the attorney problem, when I asked her, she said that it happens to all of her clients. The fact that I paid her $4000 for this makes me so disappointed and depressed. 

47 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I might be out of status because my visa is expired and I don’t have any pending case with USCIS.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I think you have a lazy, lying attorney.  

you need to take action and report this attorney to the American Bar Association

this is not normal and she should have been on top of this

Do u have any proofs she sent the petition in?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

When the OP asked for the shipping receipt, the attorney said it was an IMS problem.  I don't think the attorney sent it.

"When I ask the lawyer about the delivery tracking number, she responded that it’s the IMS problem and she doesn’t have any answer for me. "

Edited by Crazy Cat

28 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

My question exactly, what if she never actually sent it? 

1 hour ago, COPK said:

When I ask the lawyer about the delivery tracking number, she responded that it’s the IMS problem and she doesn’t have any answer for me. She even gaslighted me saying if I am being like this she doesn’t know how to work with me. I’m so devastated right now. 

That’s unfortunate. Were there reviews on the attorney before you retained her?

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline
3 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Who is "She"?  Op has been in contact with lazy attorney.   USCIS has not cashed the OP's check.   There is no receipt.

he mentioned ''''she"  as his attorney in previous posts

and sorry if i write it wrong /  2nd shoulder surgery last monday and i am a bit slow these days

Edited by JeanneAdil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.