dle3452

Marriage in Philippines

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Which visa are you planning to request first, spousal, or tourist?

I sent in the I-130 and I-130a, Im waiting for an account number that the tourist spouse visa is asking for, 

If she, as a Filipina, gets approved for a tourist visa, while having a pending spousal, please update us here because it would be the first that I've heard of, and I would be looking out my window for flying pigs.

4 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

If she, as a Filipina, gets approved for a tourist visa, while having a pending spousal, please update us here because it would be the first that I've heard of, and I would be looking out my window for flying pigs.

I am afraid you are simply realistic.  Other couples have move together to third countries while waiting, but since OP is already in the Philippines, it might be best to stay together there, and plan to move back together/move back right before her to get settled. 

3 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

I am afraid you are simply realistic.  Other couples have move together to third countries while waiting, but since OP is already in the Philippines, it might be best to stay together there, and plan to move back together/move back right before her to get settled. 

Yes, I guess some people don't take the term "tourist" as literal as the NVC does. Tourist is just that, a tourist. You come, you visit, you leave. There is no such thing as a "come and wait while we approve your other visa" visa.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I was just going to ask for any advice on applying for a spouse tourist visa.  There is a drop down screen asking what type of tourist visa I am applying for, spouse was listed, when i tapped it, it asked for my USCIS account number, I didnt have it at the time, I have it now, further down it asked for her passport information, we just got that today also.  So I'm ready to apply for it unless i get advice from here that its not advisable. 

7 hours ago, dle3452 said:

I was just going to ask for any advice on applying for a spouse tourist visa.  There is a drop down screen asking what type of tourist visa I am applying for, spouse was listed, when i tapped it, it asked for my USCIS account number, I didnt have it at the time, I have it now, further down it asked for her passport information, we just got that today also.  So I'm ready to apply for it unless i get advice from here that its not advisable. 

From other counties you may have a shot, but I, and most others with knowledge of Philippines and USCIS, would say you have zero chance in getting a tourist visa for your spouse. You can try.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A Tourist Visa is the B1/2.

There is no Spouse Tourist Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 6/5/2023 at 5:40 AM, dle3452 said:

IF you are living in Philippines you could try to do a DCF (Direct Consular Filing) at the US Embassy off Roxas Blvd.   They can issue them on a emergency basis, Just a few years ago they did them (Non Emergency) daily and was a quick process to get visa to USA for a spouse, a matter of a few weeks.

What is a emergency basis? You will have to figure that one out on your own.  Do you have any medical conditions that requires to get back to USA for treatment or surgery?

2 hours ago, Lover_Boy said:

IF you are living in Philippines you could try to do a DCF (Direct Consular Filing) at the US Embassy off Roxas Blvd.   They can issue them on a emergency basis, Just a few years ago they did them (Non Emergency) daily and was a quick process to get visa to USA for a spouse, a matter of a few weeks.

What is a emergency basis? You will have to figure that one out on your own.  Do you have any medical conditions that requires to get back to USA for treatment or surgery?

I'd be curious when the last time Manila accepted a DCF application.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 6/5/2023 at 5:40 AM, dle3452 said:

It's a good way to lighten your wallet by $165.  If you have already filed i-130 you have shown immigration intent and that drops the chance of getting a tourist visa fron PH from almost zero to zero.  But, it's your money.  Anyone can apply for a tourist visa as long as you are willing to pay the non-refundable application fee.  They will give her an interview.  It will probably be three questions and then they will deny her.  It's just a money grab with no chance of sucess.

Edited by Stein

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.