ZeUs_XxX

K1 Denied. Applying for B1 Tourist Visa instead?

49 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2023 at 6:54 AM, Rocio0010 said:

Wanting to get her here quickl

On 5/5/2023 at 6:54 AM, Rocio0010 said:

Wanting to get her here quickly with a B1 B2 visa

y with a B1 B2 visa

That was misleading. I want her to come to America quickly. I brought us a house, almost 2 years ago that she has never seen. I want to temporarily experience what it would be like to live with her. All of the immigration visas take forever, my goal is for her to be able to visit me while we wait 2 years for her spousal visa to get approved. Also, it's cheaper for her to come to me. I just have to pay for a flight compared to me going to her having to pay for a flight, hotel and rental car. And we eat out a lot since we're staying in a hotel. I just miss my fiancé, WE have no intention of her immigrating her illegally.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:30 PM, SalishSea said:

What do you mean "prove that she will not immigrate to the US"??

Clearly, that has been the plan all along, as evidenced by the fact that you tried for a K-1.

Just get married and petition her for a spousal visa.  Yes, it will take at least two years.  That is just the deal with US immigration at the moment.    She's very, very unlikely to get a B visa.

You should really do some research into this process.  It is not cheap, easy or quick.  

B2 was actually all three which is why I don't mind getting denied. I researched the process; I don't know why you think I didn't. The fiancé and spousal visa is not cheap though and definitely not quick which is why we're trying the tourism visa.

5 hours ago, ZeUs_XxX said:

B2 was actually all three which is why I don't mind getting denied. I researched the process; I don't know why you think I didn't. The fiancé and spousal visa is not cheap though and definitely not quick which is why we're trying the tourism visa.

Well, let us know how it goes.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, ZeUs_XxX said:

You are correct, I will marry my spouse in Brazil and then file a spousal visa. In regard to the intent to marry, yes I'm referring to making it public for 15 days and then getting married within 90 days after, which of course means I have to fly back to Brazil very quickly.

Yes, I was literally able to get an interview in 2 months, no joking. I met someone who has a girlfriend that's Brazilian and he's the one that educated me on the tourist visa and suggested it. I checked every single day and slowly moved her appointment up until it fell during the week for me to visit her. I could've got her an appointment within a week of applying but she never flew on a plane, so I wanted to be there for her first time.

Unfortunately, I'm the only one that makes money. We were TOO optimistic about the visa process, so she never got a job. I don't mind it though because I do make good money, but it's very expensive to fly to Brazil. We are going to Rio for her interview to get denied, but it's exciting to travel as a couple for the first time.

Maybe I'll look into the Caribbean once we're married, and she's comfortable flying.

Got it. I think this is the best plan now, get married, file for spousal visa, and then wait and keep meeting during the wait. I saw that 15 day public announcement requirement to get married in Brazil too before deciding on K1 and thought it was crazy we require that. Only in Brazil I guess! Haha you will find a lot of things we have here makes no sense at all, it's fun to see the cultural differences. It's all worth it though!

And this is amazing that you got it in 2 months! Seems they are opening more slots then now with so many people applying. For my parents renewal, we also kept checking the website every day but only managed to get a date 1 month earlier than planned, after waiting 8 months. It was in São Paulo, not Rio. But they also had no rush. Now knowing about this, I see no harm in having her go to the interview. The fee is already paid and it will be her first flight which is great for her to get used to it, especially if you can be with her. But then also don't expect an approval, it seems unlikely but who knows, it depends on the consular officer.

And I get it. It's all on your plate. Especially with USD being 1:5 in relation to BRL. And yes, super expensive. It's crazy how we don't value our tourists, everything from flights to hotels to attractions are expensive – especially for us Brazilians. But yes, depending on where she is located in Brazil, it's even easier to get direct flights to the Caribbean. It can be an alternative, especially as I saw in another post of yours that you also have hotel, car rental and more expenses whenever you visit her here. All needs research and comparison, of course. And you know your situation better than us.

I wish you all the best in this new plan, and hoping you can be together soon to enjoy the house you bought for you (also read it in you other post here). You seem 100% committed and truthful, and I wish you all the best for you and your fiancé. In the end, it will all be worth it.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
11 hours ago, ZeUs_XxX said:

That was misleading. I want her to come to America quickly. I brought us a house, almost 2 years ago that she has never seen. I want to temporarily experience what it would be like to live with her. All of the immigration visas take forever, my goal is for her to be able to visit me while we wait 2 years for her spousal visa to get approved. Also, it's cheaper for her to come to me. I just have to pay for a flight compared to me going to her having to pay for a flight, hotel and rental car. And we eat out a lot since we're staying in a hotel. I just miss my fiancé, WE have no intention of her immigrating her illegally.

Is her name on the house?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

10 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Is her name on the house?

Doubtful, they are not even married.  There is no way she would have qualified for a mortgage, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An unnecessarily blunt post has been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• Captain Ewok changed the title to K1 Denied. Applying for B1 Tourist Visa instead?
On 5/4/2023 at 7:27 PM, ZeUs_XxX said:

I understand what you're saying, and I've come to the conclusion that the visa will get denied. We did the K1 visa which was denied and a pain. We're getting married within 3 months (no dates locked in because we have to register our intent to marry). I applied for her tourist visa around 1 April 2023, with an interview date of 2 June 2023. We legitimately do plan to get married in Brazil. I am not tracking a spousal visa for Brazil. I go there in less than 10 days to register our intent to marry. Lastly, it's easy for Americans to enter Brazil. Why are you guys meetings in different countries unless you prefer it?

The biggest thing is how much of a financial and time-consuming burden it is for me to go to Brazil, but I guess I have no choice. 

OP, how did her interview go?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My suggestion, on the B2 visa, is don’t even send a letter. They won’t consider it anyways. They may read it but will not take it into consideration, since it’s not part of the application. Stick with the application rules, answer the questions they ask truthfully, but do not volunteer information they do not need to know. 

Edited by nekotakacho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/10/2023 at 2:14 AM, ZeUs_XxX said:

Where did I say that? You are free to assume to assume that, but that's not the case. I would risk my livelihood and ability to provide for her by doing that, military law is a lot stricter than civilian law.

Agreed. You never said that. Some on here are very imaginative…

if I were in your shoes, I’d skip the B2 and do a CR-1 instead. You’re going to need to file something sooner than later, in regards to marriage and visa, and the B2 will just waste your time. 

they can also see that her K1 was denied, and she’ll have to answer that truthfully, so there’s a good chance her B2 will get denied. Then you have two denials to explain on your next application. Good luck 

Edited by nekotakacho

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.