Thecorkman

I 134form (Multiple Merged threads)

15 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Thecorkman said:

Hello,

Does the above form, need to be submitted with initial I129 form for K 1 visa?

Thanks

Corkman

Do you mean submit I-134 with the original I-129F?

No. I-134 affidavit of support is sent to your K1 beneficiary before the consulate interview for the K1 beneficiary to take to the interview.

The supporting documents like pay stubs, employment verification letter, bank reference letter, etc. needs to be fairly recent. You can get the 3-year IRS tax transcripts whenever it is available if you have online IRS account.

You can see our Profile->Our Story for the time table of when I sent the I-134 to the K1 beneficiary.

Edited by EatBulaga

On 4/24/2023 at 2:43 AM, Thecorkman said:

Does the above form, need to be submitted with initial I129 form for K 1 visa?

Note that the petition to start the K1 process is the I-129F, not the I-129.  I-134 is not required with the I-129F.  I-134 should be brought by the beneficiary to the K1 visa interview, after the I-129F has been approved.

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, Thecorkman said:

Hello,

If I meet the income requirements of the I 134 form, do I still need to list my financial assets?    Thanks

Thecorkman

No.  If you read the instructions carefully you you will see the word OR between evidence of income or assets 

Edited by IWander

6 hours ago, Thecorkman said:

do I still need to list my financial assets?

No need for that. We didn’t list anything as we qualified solely on income. This was both for I-134 for K1 and then later for I-864 for AOS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

What stage of the process are you in? 

I'm not good with K-1 process but I think you submit it at interview. 

@pushbrk

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Timona said:

What stage of the process are you in? 

I'm not good with K-1 process but I think you submit it at interview. 

@pushbrk

You send it to your fiancée to submit at the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have had my I 129 K1 form approved,on the lawfully app. But have not got anything in the mail/email. I thought the I 134 form, has to be mailed to USCIS, and a copy brought to the interview?

Thecorkman

4 hours ago, Thecorkman said:

I have had my I 129 K1 form approved,on the lawfully app. But have not got anything in the mail/email. I thought the I 134 form, has to be mailed to USCIS, and a copy brought to the interview?

Thecorkman

Nope.

14 hours ago, Thecorkman said:

Thecorkman

Once the I-129F is approved and forwarded to the NVC, USCIS has no further part in the process. Not until you get married and file for Adjustment of Status anyway.

The I-134 does not have to be a we signature for the Manila embassy. Fill it out, scan it and email it to your fiance to print out for the interview.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

• powerpuff changed the title to I 134form (Multiple Merged threads)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.