Sarge2155

I-751 April 2023 Filers

182 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm technically a March filer but since it was literally the last day of March and my timeline seems pretty similar to Bavarian91's, I'm gonna share it here too!

IOE receipt number
Assigned to YSC - Potomac

2023-02-19 Eligible to file for ROC
2023-03-27 Package Sent
2023-03-31 Package Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 
2023-04-05 Email acceptance notification
2023-04-17 USCIS Letters - Biometrics reuse notice & online account info
2023-04-18 I-797 NOA: 48-month extension
I-751 ROC
IOE receipt number – Assigned to YSC (Potomac Service Center)

2023-03-27 Package Sent
2023-04-18 I-797 NOA: 48-month extension letter

N-400

2024-02-19 Eligible to file for Naturalization, Filed N-400 Online, Received Biometrics Reuse Notice

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, brazibride said:

I'm technically a March filer but since it was literally the last day of March and my timeline seems pretty similar to Bavarian91's, I'm gonna share it here too!

IOE receipt number
Assigned to YSC - Potomac

2023-03-27 Package Sent
2023-04-18 I-797 NOA: 48-month extension

Best of luck to you!

Potomac sounds like so much fun! .... 

But I stay quite positive ... last week I read somewhere (wish I could find the article) that USCIS is working a lot on the backlog and that they currently will expedite the new ones.... so I hope we are part of the new ones...

I-751 Timeline

04/03/2023 - Filed (UPS Elgin, IL Lockbox)

04/04/2023 - Received by USCIS 💌

04/07/2023 - Text Message with Case # 📲

04/11/2023 - Online Status changed to being Actively Reviewed 👀

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

04/17/2023 - NOA FORM I-797 - 48 Month extension 🕗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi ya'll, just got my extension letter in the mail yesterday but that's pretty much it. Should I expect another one regarding the biometrics? I will make sure to re-read the letter just to be safe. Thankies~ 

1 hour ago, Nyalimera said:

Hi ya'll, just got my extension letter in the mail yesterday but that's pretty much it. Should I expect another one regarding the biometrics? I will make sure to re-read the letter just to be safe. Thankies~ 

In a matter of weeks or months (can take 6 months easily) you will receive letter about biometrics reuse or appointment. Keep checking status online 

Hi, all! Just adding more info for those looking for mail timelines

We sent our package in on 4/11 and it was received by 4/14 at 6AM, so we definitely knew they got it (scary since my card expires 5/3). But Informed Delivery shows that I have 2 letters coming tomorrow! One of them (I read through the envelope window) is about them reusing my biometrics, but the other I am not sure. I'm guessing it's the NOA1 and extension letter?

So, 13 days from the date I mailed it out!

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

In a matter of weeks or months (can take 6 months easily) you will receive letter about biometrics reuse or appointment. Keep checking status online 

Or 7...or don't hear anything (like ours). LOL  You know, Potomac is just the BESTEST.

On 4/20/2023 at 7:49 AM, Bavarian91 said:

Best of luck to you!

Potomac sounds like so much fun! .... 

But I stay quite positive ... last week I read somewhere (wish I could find the article) that USCIS is working a lot on the backlog and that they currently will expedite the new ones.... so I hope we are part of the new ones...

Man, I wish you all the best.  But, I hope this is not true.  There are people in Potomac waiting since 2020 and 2021.  It would be BS if people that filed in April 2023 get expedited first.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

3 hours ago, buzzsparker said:

Hi, all! Just adding more info for those looking for mail timelines

We sent our package in on 4/11 and it was received by 4/14 at 6AM, so we definitely knew they got it (scary since my card expires 5/3). But Informed Delivery shows that I have 2 letters coming tomorrow! One of them (I read through the envelope window) is about them reusing my biometrics, but the other I am not sure. I'm guessing it's the NOA1 and extension letter?

So, 13 days from the date I mailed it out!

Looking good and welcome to the thread!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

My husband's timeline below. I am so excited for him to be able to apply for citizenship next year! We really want to be able to go on a long backpacking trip in South America without being worried about how many days we're (he's) out of the country. Hopefully we can do that in just a couple years. After doing the K1 visa and adjustment of status, I was pleasantly surprised that the removal of conditions application was a lot less stressful.

April 15, 2023 Mailed via USPS 
April 17, 2023 Delivered by USPS
April 20, 2023 Received text message with case number (IOE)
April 22, 2023 Case status updated to "My Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS"

Haven't yet received anything in the mail, though the text message said an official receipt notice Form I-797C was sent in the mail on April 17th.

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline:

April 22, 2023 Case status updated to "My Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

April 27, 2023 Received two letters 1) Notice to set up online account 2) Notice that Biometrics will be reused

May 01, 2023 Received 48-month extension letter

2 minutes ago, sierradani said:

My husband's timeline below. I am so excited for him to be able to apply for citizenship next year! We really want to be able to go on a long backpacking trip in South America without being worried about how many days we're (he's) out of the country. Hopefully we can do that in just a couple years. After doing the K1 visa and adjustment of status, I was pleasantly surprised that the removal of conditions application was a lot less stressful.

April 22, 2023 Case status updated to "My Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS"

Haven't yet received anything in the mail, though the text message said an official receipt notice Form I-797C was sent in the mail on April 17th.

Welcome to the thread!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

13 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Looking good and welcome to the thread!

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Looks like what I got was a letter re: reusing biometrics and "here's how to make an online account". So, let's hope the extension turns up in the mail this week. I wonder if it's a virtual thing and they'll issue that via MyUSCIS. . .

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I sent in my I-751 on the 5th, just received the same two letters mentioned by others above (reuse of fingerprints and uscis account access). My received date is the 7th.

Some info to add that might be of use for others still waiting on the actual receipt notice: When I signed up for the online account and entered my online access code I could access all documents generated so far in digital form. That includes the two letters I got today, but also the receipt notice which I haven't received in the mail yet.

Now the waiting begins once again... Good luck everyone!

2 minutes ago, MelOe said:

Some info to add that might be of use for others still waiting on the actual receipt notice: When I signed up for the online account and entered my online access code I could access all documents generated so far in digital form. That includes the two letters I got today, but also the receipt notice which I haven't received in the mail yet.

Let me guess, your case ID begins with IOE?

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
15 hours ago, sierradani said:

We have the same exact timeline! Dates and status changes are the exact same :)

I'm from Germany and here is our timeline:
(My husband and I field form I-751)

April 15, 2023 Mailed via Fedex overnight

April 17, 2023 Delivered

April 20, 2023 Received Text (IOE)

April 22, 2023 Case status updated to "My Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Edited by GerLA

Timeline
12 hours ago, GerLA said:

We have the same exact timeline! Dates and status changes are the exact same :)

I'm from Germany and here is our timeline:
(My husband and I field form I-751)

April 15, 2023 Mailed via Fedex overnight

April 17, 2023 Delivered

April 20, 2023 Received Text (IOE)

April 22, 2023 Case status updated to "My Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

I'll be curious to see what Benifits Center / Service Center you'll get! Mine got assigned to Potomac 

I-751 Timeline

04/03/2023 - Filed (UPS Elgin, IL Lockbox)

04/04/2023 - Received by USCIS 💌

04/07/2023 - Text Message with Case # 📲

04/11/2023 - Online Status changed to being Actively Reviewed 👀

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

04/17/2023 - NOA FORM I-797 - 48 Month extension 🕗

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bavarian91 said:

I'll be curious to see what Benifits Center / Service Center you'll get! Mine got assigned to Potomac 

I assume it will be California Service Center since I'm in Los Angeles, California, but you never know. My AOS application was assigned to the National Benefit Center back in 2020! I guess it depends on their workload? Not entirely sure though!

Edited by GerLA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.