Sarge2155

I-751 April 2023 Filers

183 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello Everyone! I mailed off the I-751 package on May 6th.  We haven't received a text confirmation or a NOA yet, nor has our credit card been charged. I noticed most people receive some kind of confirmation that their package was received within a few days. Do you know of anyway we can track the package? Unfortunately we can not find the USPS receipt with the USPS tracking number to even confirm its been delivered. Any suggestions on what our next step should be, besides just waiting? Thanks in advance!

hi everyone! I filed my i751 on 05/09 and got my i797 extension letter on 05/18. But I haven't received any mails about online account or biometrics being reused. I see that people here gets their biometrics reused? :/ anyone in the same boat as mine?

My processing center is in Vermont service center

Timeline
On 5/20/2023 at 10:52 AM, OldUser said:

Since you used credit card, there's a great chance the payment was blocked as fradulent. If that's the case, your petition would be rejected and you'll get the packet back eventually.

I don't think my card would have blocked the transactions since i've used it in the past and they typically notify me if they block or decline a transaction.  But thank you, I really appreciate you responding. 

Timeline
On 5/20/2023 at 7:35 AM, Brklyn Belle said:

Hello Everyone! I mailed off the I-751 package on May 6th.  We haven't received a text confirmation or a NOA yet, nor has our credit card been charged. I noticed most people receive some kind of confirmation that their package was received within a few days. Do you know of anyway we can track the package? Unfortunately we can not find the USPS receipt with the USPS tracking number to even confirm its been delivered. Any suggestions on what our next step should be, besides just waiting? Thanks in advance!

Hi I actually spoke to an attorney about this, since I included 2 checks instead of one (I thought they will probably return it). It can take up to 4 weeks for USCIS to send you the acceptance notification. If they return your package, that usually takes about 4 to 6 weeks as well. Try to be patient, there is not much you can do now but wait. Do not send another package, since that might be very confusing and it will probably cause delays (plus you might get charged twice). However, I do understand how stressful this is! Keep in mind, that you ONLY receive an electronic notification, if you included Form G-1145. Either way, you can reach out to Emma on the USCIS website, request to speak with an agent and ask about the status of your package. You can even ask them if it was received or returned - therefore rejected. I want to mention that I am NOT an attorney. This is based on my own research and experience. Best of luck :)

Timeline

Some anecdotal feedback but sadly a lack of an electronic notification is not a confirmation of non-receipt. We included the e form but never received any electionic notification. We did, however, receive the NOA letters and saw the financial transaction on our bank account.

Timeline

Hi! We received our I-751 application package back from USCIS. The letter said we sent the wrong payment amount.  Isn’t the payment $680? $595 application fee + $85 for biometrics.  What am I missing?  Also, we paid with credit card, should we have sent a check instead?

Lastly the application and all other documents, now have some codes and markings at the bottom of the forms, can we resend those same documents back or do we need to print new copies of everything?

Edited by Brklyn Belle

Timeline
On 5/27/2023 at 7:20 AM, A Polite Parrot said:

Some anecdotal feedback but sadly a lack of an electronic notification is not a confirmation of non-receipt. We included the e form but never received any electionic notification. We did, however, receive the NOA letters and saw the financial transaction on our bank account.

Did you pay with check or credit card?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, A Polite Parrot said:

Check. I didn't want to risk the credit card being declined. Maybe that's what happened to your application? Check the forums for what language others received and complete the Fee Calculator.

Thanks! I confirmed the amount was correct.  Did you send 2 separate checks? 

Filed: Q-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello!

I’m gonna share my timeline :)

I filed with a lawyer.

Package delivered 04/20/2023

NOA and re-used biometrics and 48 extension letter 04/27/2023

IOE receipt

Current status: “case is being actively reviewed by USCIS”

Vermont Center

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Fellow April filers 😎

I found the following website - if it's accurate or not Is probably debatable 😋

The Cake Diagram gives a nice overview where similar cases with the same Service Center and first 5 digits stand.

https://www.casestatusext.com/

image.thumb.png.7e0b86b3c19be35f2d858e3001db71da.png

I-751 Timeline

04/03/2023 - Filed (UPS Elgin, IL Lockbox)

04/04/2023 - Received by USCIS 💌

04/07/2023 - Text Message with Case # 📲

04/11/2023 - Online Status changed to being Actively Reviewed 👀

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

04/17/2023 - NOA FORM I-797 - 48 Month extension 🕗

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.