Sarge2155

I-751 April 2023 Filers

178 posts in this topic

Greetings All,

This thread was created for all of you whose window maybe open or opening during the month of April 2023. ROCs are trending longer adjudication times and many people have been concerned about this trend since they are taking in excess of a year, although some folks still luck out and get theirs approved and GC in hand in less than a year, months even! Not really much you can do about the longer approval times except ride it out and take solice in the fact that you are nearing the end of your visa journey.

Also many of you will find that while waiting for your ROC to be adjudicated that your window for naturalization (N-400) will open, no definite proof but filing your N-400 while your I-751 is still awaiting adjudication seems to wake up things. Again no definite proof of this but several cases, current cases can be your guide whether this is true or not.  Should you so desire to naturalize then I would recommend this avenue to you (we also did it). Yet still another note, fees are supposed to be increasing in the near future so be sure to check what the fee is BEFORE you send off your packet. Wishing everyone will have a speedy adjudication time and welcome to April 2023 ROC filers!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Bump

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Here's my story to this point:

Green Card expires 01/07/2023

Filed today with UPS for the Elgin, IL Lockbox (4072) - sent via Express should arrive tomorrow before noon.

Hoping for a quick process to receive the NOA for 48 months as I'm afraid of loosing my job and Drivers License if it doesn't arrive in time ☹️

I did not use a lawyer to file as the process itself seems very straight forward.

I-751 Timeline

04/03/2023 - Filed (UPS Elgin, IL Lockbox)

04/04/2023 - Received by USCIS 💌

04/07/2023 - Text Message with Case # 📲

04/11/2023 - Online Status changed to being Actively Reviewed 👀

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

04/17/2023 - NOA FORM I-797 - 48 Month extension 🕗

18 minutes ago, Bavarian91 said:

Here's my story to this point:

Green Card expires 01/07/2023

Filed today with UPS for the Elgin, IL Lockbox (4072) - sent via Express should arrive tomorrow before noon.

Hoping for a quick process to receive the NOA for 48 months as I'm afraid of loosing my job and Drivers License if it doesn't arrive in time ☹️

I did not use a lawyer to file as the process itself seems very straight forward.

No need to worry about that you'll  be fine! Why didn't you file online?

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

No need to worry about that you'll  be fine! Why didn't you file online?

You can file online? I wish I could... I think only the neutralization, renewal one can be filed online.

We got married in 19' I moved over right before COVID in April of 2020 - Got my 'conditional' Green Card in July 2021' - so I had to file the I-751 to remove these conditions. 

Net year I will file for Citizenship to go dual with my German one I want to keep 

I-751 Timeline

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

58 minutes ago, Bavarian91 said:

You can file online? I wish I could... I think only the neutralization, renewal one can be filed online.

We got married in 19' I moved over right before COVID in April of 2020 - Got my 'conditional' Green Card in July 2021' - so I had to file the I-751 to remove these conditions. 

Net year I will file for Citizenship to go dual with my German one I want to keep 

Agreed, I-751 cannot be filed online.

Don't ever apply for neutralization, it's sounds like a scary term I don't know the meaning of in immigration context.

Good luck with naturalization next year. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Don't ever apply for neutralization, it's sounds like a scary term I don't know the meaning of in immigration context.

OMG! 😄

somehow autocorrect got ahead of me... sorry about that!  

I-751 Timeline

3 hours ago, Bavarian91 said:

My bad I'm thinking N400, you are exactly right!

Citizenship Complete!

2 hours ago, OldUser said:

Yeah I made a boo boo thinking I was in the N400 thread!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline

I have a feeling that I wont get any Text update until next week due to Easter and Good Friday tomorrow! 

Fingers crossed for next week! 

Day 2 since it made it's way to Elgin Illinois Lockbox

I-751 Timeline

Timeline

Wonder what that could be... delivered on Tuesday and no TEXT yet...

Does USCIS send reminders when the 90 Day period opens up ? I will let everyone know once I open it up

IMG-2418.jpg

I-751 Timeline

1 hour ago, Bavarian91 said:

Wonder what that could be... delivered on Tuesday and no TEXT yet...

Does USCIS send reminders when the 90 Day period opens up ? I will let everyone know once I open it up

IMG-2418.jpg

Yes they send reminders, but not when your window opens up, it's just a reminder to tell you that you must file the ROC. I'm sure that's what it is if you have not filed yet! But wait you filed already right? Well it still could be the reminder or your NOA! Don't you just hate the suspense?

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes they send reminders, but not when your window opens up, it's just a reminder to tell you that you must file the ROC. I'm sure that's what it is if you have not filed yet! But wait you filed already right? Well it still could be the reminder or your NOA! Don't you just hate the suspense?

Cant stand the suspense.... I doubt it's the NOA as the Check wasnt cashed yet. 

I dont even have a case number 😮 

I-751 Timeline

Timeline

UPDATE:

Yes its the reminder... that I'm now eligible to file 751.

What kinda shocked me is that they originally set it to our old address... even that I filed the address change note last year in February right after we moved PLUS called last May to confirm that they received it as I never got any notification / confirmation back.

And now over a year later they still used the old address for the reminder to file 751.

Frustrating

Edited by Bavarian91

I-751 Timeline

Timeline

SECOND UPDATE FOR THE DAY 😍

After doing some research in the Forum I saw that people use the USCIS Live Agent Chat function to confirm the address they have on file.

The agent was really helpful and confirmed that our current Address is 'now' in the System 🙄... he also was able to tell me that my I-751 case was processed yesterday and that my case # will be IOE *********

Sadly sadly couldn't add the Case to my USCIS account as I dont have the access number yet.

What a day... 

I-751 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.