Sarge2155

I-751 April 2023 Filers

182 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, SIRE said:

Assume its a pic? it won't load for some reason. 

Yes it's a picture / screenshot.

It says 'The biometrics fee will NOT be refunded' 

I-751 Timeline

04/03/2023 - Filed (UPS Elgin, IL Lockbox)

04/04/2023 - Received by USCIS 💌

04/07/2023 - Text Message with Case # 📲

04/11/2023 - Online Status changed to being Actively Reviewed 👀

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

04/17/2023 - NOA FORM I-797 - 48 Month extension 🕗

Timeline
Just now, SIRE said:

Thanks. Appreciate it. 

Did we expect a refund for something that they wont need ? nope ... glad it's 'only $85'

Would be a nice dinner with my wife

I-751 Timeline

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Bavarian91 said:

Did we expect a refund for something that they wont need ? nope ... glad it's 'only $85'

Would be a nice dinner with my wife

Hahaha was thinking along the same lines. 

1 hour ago, SIRE said:

Congrats! 

Curious to know if you were  still charged for biometrics fee? 

Yes the biometrics fee is never refunded wavied or not!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes, people get charged biometrics fee even if it was reused.

No, USCIS never refunds anything. 

Thanks for reconfirming, was hoping they would not cash it in the first place but I have already been charged so no refunds.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
On 4/14/2023 at 9:43 AM, Nyalimera said:

Hi everyone! I also just submitted my ROC paperwork with a divorce waiver from Dallas, Texas.

GC expires 4/15

Mailed via USPS on 4/10

Delivered and pick-up on 4/12 from:

USCIS Attn: I-751

P.O. Box 21200

Phoenix, AZ 85036-1200

I haven't received any notifications, no email or text. Nothing has been charged yet, which is making me anxious tbh. 😅 Anything I can do on my end to check other than wait it out?

Weeee, I have an update and ya'll were so right!!! They charged my card on Friday, 4/14, and I have received my IOE case number. I should probably get everything in the mail by next week. So excited! 🙌 Now the waiting game is starting especially since I filed with a divorce waiver, I just hope it goes smoothly.

Timeline

USPS Informed Delivery shows the NOA (and 48 month extension) arriving today! So far quite smooth process once I filed on the 4th of April! 

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

I keep my hopes up. Many suggest that filing N-400 Citizenship will speed up the 751 process but I don't want to risk anything as I have to file first with Germany to go dual!  😪

I-751 Timeline

Hey all, starting to get a bit worried here. I sent my I-751 packet to the AZ address back on March 25th. My GC expires April 28th and I still don’t have a receipt notice.

What are my best steps here? Send a copy of the packet again, wait it out? I’m really worried somethings happened and they haven’t got my packet. Foolishly I never sent it with tracking.

help!

Timeline
2 hours ago, matt1wardhaugh said:

Hey all, starting to get a bit worried here. I sent my I-751 packet to the AZ address back on March 25th. My GC expires April 28th and I still don’t have a receipt notice.

What are my best steps here? Send a copy of the packet again, wait it out? I’m really worried somethings happened and they haven’t got my packet. Foolishly I never sent it with tracking.

help!

Try EMMA on the USCIS website and connect to a rep! 

So far they been tremendous helpful! My Employer (and myself) been confused if we would need to file a new I-9 with the 48 Month extension and they been great to explain the situation what the 48 month extension means.

In other words no new, or updated I-9 is needed unless I would change Jobs

Not sending it with Tracking was not a good idea! Did you use the Lockbox address and USPS? 

Good luck! 

I-751 Timeline

16 hours ago, matt1wardhaugh said:

help!

Did the payment go thru? 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Timeline
1 hour ago, matt1wardhaugh said:

No payment has been taken yet. That’s my main indicator that it hasn’t been received. I’ve assembled a copy of my packet and I’m probably just gonna send it UPS with the fastest delivery I can.

My UPS next morning was over $70! I was shocked..... next time I would file something with USCIS I would use USPS with tracking and insured (and back to sender) 

I-751 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.