Purigorotta8

U.S. Consulate pre-determined outcome? (Green Paper theory) (merged)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads have been merged. Please do not post more than one thread for related questions~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Ontarkie changed the title to U.S. Consulate pre-determined outcome? (Green Paper theory) (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, MMDG said:

It’s absolutely predetermined.

agree 

it shows in the questions and how deep the interview gets to be

most of us that were approved have a short interview and only a few questions

for a B1/B2 for my MIL (when she was denied , she was handed a typewritten letter (Arabic on 1 side and English on the other)

it was dated the day before the interview

but this is different with K1 or spouse interview as you have to submit a ton of proof

if your pre interview documents and evidence of a "real relationship " (part of which is   # of visits and when the last one is and u plan to be there)

then don't worry

A second interview is not the norm/ if the CO requires more documents ,  they should keep her passport and ask u to send documents to embassy 

if this happens make sure the documents have your case#,  both names and DOB's on them so it is easy for the CO to continue with working on your case

17 hours ago, Purigorotta8 said:

My fiancé's interview is scheduled for the end of April in Ho Chi Minh and I will fly there to be present with her during the interview. Even though it's not mandatory for me to be there, it helps. My fiancé and I were video calling and rumors she heard regarding the interview is that the U.S. Consulate officer conducting the case interview has already made a decision at this point in time, way prior to us being present for the interview. It's said that, if the interview officer is carrying a green piece of paper during the meeting, he/she will automatically request a second interview at the end of the 1st interview.

Is there is credibility or truth to this theory? If so, it's a bit lousy in my opinion, knowing the consulate officer has already made a decision to serve a green paper to reschedule for a second interview. I'm flying to HCM to stay for a few days to be with my fiancé and to be present for the interview with her, if it's only to be there to served a second interview, I will have return and fly back at a later time for a second interview. It's a hassle. Anybody have any thought about this idea?

And how long is the U.S. Consulate interview? I've mostly heard 15-20 minutes.  But my Fiancé mentioned that the interview only takes about 2 (minutes), which I find a bit hard to believe. 2 minutes being that, the officer will ask a few questions and take the prepared photocopies of the Affidavit of support, relationship photos, generated timeline, etc. In and out. Is this accurate?

This doesn’t have to do with the main question, but I wanted to comment and say that your fiancé should bring your passport with her to the interview to prove you are indeed there with her. The day before my husband’s interview, he said to me “I think I should bring your passport with me. They might not take me on my word that you’re here with me.” Turns out his intuition was correct, because they asked to see it. And since the best evidence is of time spent together, it’s a really good idea to bring it along to support your case. Best of luck to you both :)

Edited by TBoneTX
foul language in quote

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A foul word has been edited to something cleaner in two posts and two quotes of posts.  Let's not repeat this, please.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Not surprising, it is a very high fraud consulate.

Sensible to allow petitioners to attend. The way to uncover fraud is to allow petitioners.  The consulates that don’t allow petitioners are sleep walking, IMO.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
11 hours ago, ilikepotatoes said:

This doesn’t have to do with the main question, but I wanted to comment and say that your fiancé should bring your passport with her to the interview to prove you are indeed there with her. The day before my husband’s interview, he said to me “I think I should bring your passport with me. They might not take me on my word that you’re here with me.” Turns out his intuition was correct, because they asked to see it. And since the best evidence is of time spent together, it’s a really good idea to bring it along to support your case. Best of luck to you both :)

Yes, that's the exact reason why I'm taking a week off work to fly there, just to briefly show my passport to support our case

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/5/2023 at 10:31 PM, Purigorotta8 said:

My fiancé's interview is scheduled for the end of April in Ho Chi Minh and I will fly there to be present with her during the interview. Even though it's not mandatory for me to be there, it helps. My fiancé and I were video calling and rumors she heard regarding the interview is that the U.S. Consulate officer conducting the case interview has already made a decision at this point in time, way prior to us being present for the interview. It's said that, if the interview officer is carrying a green piece of paper during the meeting, he/she will automatically request a second interview at the end of the 1st interview.

Is there is credibility or truth to this theory? If so, it's a bit lousy in my opinion, knowing the consulate officer has already made a decision to serve a green paper to reschedule for a second interview. I'm flying to HCM to stay for a few days to be with my fiancé and to be present for the interview with her, if it's only to be there to served a second interview, I will have return and fly back at a later time for a second interview. It's a hassle. Anybody have any thought about this idea?

And how long is the U.S. Consulate interview? I've mostly heard 15-20 minutes.  But my Fiancé mentioned that the interview only takes about 2 (minutes), which I find a bit hard to believe. 2 minutes being that, the officer will ask a few questions and take the prepared photocopies of the Affidavit of support, relationship photos, generated timeline, etc. In and out. Is this accurate?

I believe it is true. Oct 22 my wifes 1rst interview she was not asked much of anything. Was literally under 5 mins. Bam 221g.

I think they are previewed and categorized. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Vietnam definitely allows petitioners to attend for CR-1, not sure about K1.  I attended ours.  I actually answered most of the questions in the interview.  I think my wife answered one.  Ours was pretty short, maybe 5 minutes.  A good portion was just talking about home since the officer was from a city less 30 minutes from my pemanent address in the US.  I think it also helped because at the time the border in Vietnam was closed for more than a year due to covid so any petitioners that actually came were virtually guaranteed to be bona fide since we already had to have been in country for more than a year at the time of the interview.  I was the only petitioner there out of 60-70 people that day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.