D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

483 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

Your explanation makes no sense.. How is working on the constant flow of new I-751’s accelerating the old ones? If anything, it’s PREVENTING them from working on the old ones. With kind regards, an August 2021 filer 👍🏻

I am trying to find an explanation. I am sorry your case is backlogged. Is something broken at USCIS? For sure. But, is it my fault? For sure it’s not. 

Edited by Adrianito

35 minutes ago, Adrianito said:

But, is it my fault? For sure it’s not. 

I don't think @Daphne . ever said it was your fault. It's clearly USCIS fault. November 2021 filer here, also pending. My case isn't complicated. I know somebody personally who got luckily approved. They filed 2-3 weeks later. Now I think I should have waited a little longer before filing but who knew...

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Adjudicating newer cases before older cases can help improve efficiency and reduce the backlog over time for the following reasons:

1. Addressing Potential Issues Sooner: By focusing on recently submitted cases, USCIS can identify and address any potential issues or concerns in a more timely manner. This proactive approach allows for prompt resolution of any discrepancies or complications, reducing the need for additional requests for evidence (RFEs) or further delays.

2. Preventing Backlog Expansion: Prioritizing newer cases prevents the backlog from growing even larger. By promptly processing recently submitted cases, USCIS prevents them from adding to the existing backlog. This approach helps ensure that the backlog does not become more overwhelming and allows the agency to manage its workload more effectively.

Processing newer cases first allows USCIS to identify and address any issues or errors more quickly, as well as to ensure that applicants who are still waiting for a decision have their cases reviewed and adjudicated in a timely manner. This can help to reduce overall processing times and improve the experience for applicants. Additionally, by prioritizing newer cases, USCIS can ensure that they are adhering to any changes or updates to their new policies and manuals (like the use of the IOE/digitalization of applications).

Again, while this approach may not entirely eliminate the backlog, it helps make progress in reducing it over time. By addressing recently submitted cases promptly, USCIS can provide faster decisions, prevent backlog growth, and increase its overall capacity to handle pending cases more efficiently.

What do you guys think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 hours ago, Adrianito said:

y focusing on recently submitted cases, USCIS can identify and address any potential issues or concerns in a more timely manner

I don’t agree. 751s are rarely denied, so whatever “issues or concerns” they are trying to find are almost non existent.

5 hours ago, Adrianito said:

This approach helps ensure that the backlog does not become more overwhelming and allows the agency to manage its workload more effectively.

Absolutely not. I’m sorry, but if they managed their workload more efficiently, why is my case stuck at “fingerprints applied to your case” for 450 days?! How is that effective????

The fact that you suggest that USCIS should prioritize newer cases first is very contradictory. Before reducing the backlog they should be working on cases that were submitted almost two years ago!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Adrianito said:

Adjudicating newer cases before older cases can help improve efficiency and reduce the backlog over time for the following reasons:

1. Addressing Potential Issues Sooner: By focusing on recently submitted cases, USCIS can identify and address any potential issues or concerns in a more timely manner. This proactive approach allows for prompt resolution of any discrepancies or complications, reducing the need for additional requests for evidence (RFEs) or further delays.

2. Preventing Backlog Expansion: Prioritizing newer cases prevents the backlog from growing even larger. By promptly processing recently submitted cases, USCIS prevents them from adding to the existing backlog. This approach helps ensure that the backlog does not become more overwhelming and allows the agency to manage its workload more effectively.

Processing newer cases first allows USCIS to identify and address any issues or errors more quickly, as well as to ensure that applicants who are still waiting for a decision have their cases reviewed and adjudicated in a timely manner. This can help to reduce overall processing times and improve the experience for applicants. Additionally, by prioritizing newer cases, USCIS can ensure that they are adhering to any changes or updates to their new policies and manuals (like the use of the IOE/digitalization of applications).

Again, while this approach may not entirely eliminate the backlog, it helps make progress in reducing it over time. By addressing recently submitted cases promptly, USCIS can provide faster decisions, prevent backlog growth, and increase its overall capacity to handle pending cases more efficiently.

What do you guys think?

Illogical.  The time they now spend on new cases COULD be spent on case which were submitted 3 years ago instead.  Working on new cases first does NOT reduce the number of backlogged cases. 

1.  I disagree.  "More timely"?  Seriously?  It does not change the number of RFEs at all.

2.  Disagree.  The number of backlogged cases remain the same.  

Same effort applied on old cases results in the very same results......You seem to think old cases are more complicated.  They AREN'T!!!  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

11 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Illogical.  The time they now spend on new cases COULD be spent on case which were submitted 3 years ago instead.  Working on new cases first does NOT reduce the number of backlogged cases. 

1.  I disagree.  "More timely"?  Seriously?  It does not change the number of RFEs at all.

2.  Disagree.  The number of backlogged cases remain the same.  

Same effort applied on old cases results in the very same results......You seem to think old cases are more complicated.  They AREN'T!!!  

I would say his points are actually pretty valid. The thing is none of us know what is going on behind the scenes, we can only speculate how USCIS is running the show now and hope this 751 insanity ends for everyone 

USCIS has discretion to process applications in any manner they want within the parameters of the law. If anyone believes that the way USCIS is processing applications is violating the law, they will need to ask the federal court to intervene; they would issue a writ of mandamus to require USCIS to correct its actions that are unlawful. 

It's crazy to see people getting their cases approved so fast, but I feel happy for them! And bad for the people that have been waiting for 2-3 years or more, that's unbelievable... yet there it is. 

I received an ADIT stamp a while ago, which put my mind at ease, and then just today got all three letters in the mail (extension/receipt notice, biometrics waiver, online access) - so I guess it could be worse? Still, that was 3 months of waiting for the basic notices in the mail. 😅 The actual wait begins now!

Also, do not know if it's of any importance, but my case was marked as actively being reviewed twice - once on June 8th, second time on June 21st. Guessing because they finally sent out the mail.

11 minutes ago, Asmuo said:

It's crazy to see people getting their cases approved so fast, but I feel happy for them! And bad for the people that have been waiting for 2-3 years or more, that's unbelievable... yet there it is. 

I received an ADIT stamp a while ago, which put my mind at ease, and then just today got all three letters in the mail (extension/receipt notice, biometrics waiver, online access) - so I guess it could be worse? Still, that was 3 months of waiting for the basic notices in the mail. 😅 The actual wait begins now!

Also, do not know if it's of any importance, but my case was marked as actively being reviewed twice - once on June 8th, second time on June 21st. Guessing because they finally sent out the mail.

It’s such a poorly run agency. There is no reason anyone should have to wait 3 months for a receipt notice. Glad you have it now!

Just now, TeddyFazBear said:

It’s such a poorly run agency. There is no reason anyone should have to wait 3 months for a receipt notice. Glad you have it now!

Worst part is - I have no idea what caused the long wait, so I can't give advice to others to avoid it either! I just remember the Tier 2 officer being as confused as I am. Well, it's done for now, I can relax. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey yall,

I've been checking casestatusext.com lately and I'm surprised by the amount of I-751 (Receipt Block: IOE-09cases being approved really fast. This one was approved within 3 weeks after filling:

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hey yall,

I've been checking casestatusext.com lately and I'm surprised by the amount of I-751 (Receipt Block: IOE-09cases being approved really fast. This one was approved within 3 weeks after filling:

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpeg

Don't quote me but I think I saw someone say some of these rapid approvals are from military spouses and tend to get ushered through quicker in some cases. 

On 6/27/2023 at 5:23 PM, TeddyFazBear said:

Don't quote me but I think I saw someone say some of these rapid approvals are from military spouses and tend to get ushered through quicker in some cases. 

i think its silly that they are approving military spouses like as if US is at war. There is no reason that military spouses get this priority. its not like they are fighting for the country. pretty ridiculous though

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 10:18 AM, CCCas said:

does anyone know why the USCIS Notices tab isn't showing on my account for my i751?

It shows up on my i131 two years ago but not showing up on my i751.

I never got the online access code as it was just automatically added to my uscis cases 

DCBF62FB-24D0-43C7-94CD-D781D548655F.jpeg

74088CC8-1EE6-4E28-A95C-CEA669A8AF2F.jpeg

Same thing for my I-751 case in my online account as well. Did you figure out a way to fix this?

I-751 Timeline:

Jan 12, 2022 : Sent I-751 application package via USPS

Jan 14, 2022 : Delivered to USCIS Phoenix lockbox

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
20 hours ago, annrose said:

Same thing for my I-751 case in my online account as well. Did you figure out a way to fix this?

I don't have that tab either! Wondering if anyone does for their I-751... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.