10 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Thanks for your time for reading and answer this question. I came across many applicants whose I-751 got transferred to their local FO after filing N400, I have few questions regarding this:

1. Is it mandatory to add/upload ROC related documents or a letter asking USCIS to adjudicate both the cases?

2. Is there anyone here whose 751 got transferred to their Local FO without asking them to adjudicate or without adding any ROC related docs?

3. Doesn't USCIS know about our pending cases?

TIA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

1. No. But why would you not do that? I’ve lost count of the number of cases I’ve read about where the ISO at the interview had no clue there was a pending I-751.  

3.  See 1.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnonymousImmi said:

Hello All,

Thanks for your time for reading and answer this question. I came across many applicants whose I-751 got transferred to their local FO after filing N400, I have few questions regarding this:

1. Is it mandatory to add/upload ROC related documents or a letter asking USCIS to adjudicate both the cases?

2. Is there anyone here whose 751 got transferred to their Local FO without asking them to adjudicate or without adding any ROC related docs?

TIA.

1. No, it’s not mandatory, I didn’t even know it was a thing. We just filed our N-400 and that’s it.

2. Our I-751 status changed right away when we submitted the online N-400. 
3. I’m assuming the USCIS 100% knows what cases we have pending, it would be pretty difficult to miss that a person has another case pending. When we submitted the N-400 the docs section asked for my husbands green card. We uploaded the extension letter, which in itself proves that we have another case, I-751 pending. 

good luck ! 

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

1. No. But why would you not do that? I’ve lost count of the number of cases I’ve read about where the ISO at the interview had no clue there was a pending I-751.  

3.  See 1.  

@Mike E I uploaded my Conditional GC which is obviously expired but I did not upload the 797/extension letter. If I upload anything now, any idea if it causes more delay in the process?

24 minutes ago, Olichka said:

1. No, it’s not mandatory, I didn’t even know it was a thing. We just filed our N-400 and that’s it.

2. Our I-751 status changed right away when we submitted the online N-400. 
3. I’m assuming the USCIS 100% knows what cases we have pending, it would be pretty difficult to miss that a person has another case pending. When we submitted the N-400 the docs section asked for my husbands green card. We uploaded the extension letter, which in itself proves that we have another case, I-751 pending. 

good luck ! 

Thanks for your answers @Olichka

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
15 minutes ago, AnonymousImmi said:

@Mike E I uploaded my Conditional GC which is obviously expired but I did not upload the 797/extension letter. If I upload anything now, any idea if it causes more delay in the process?

I consider the extension letter to be required evidence and it should be uploaded now.  

On 2/27/2023 at 12:21 PM, AnonymousImmi said:

Hello All,

TIA.

1-it is no mandatory

2-my case was transferred to my local office and i didnt ask for it, on my interview they dint ask for any documents.

3-uscis know all about your immigration history.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, mytruelove18 said:

uscis know all about your immigration history.

Nope, you’re giving them too much credit and there are countless cases here in VJ where the officer had no clue there was a pending 751! 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think the issue is that some i-751 get transferred, and some don't - customer service, service centers and field offices don't communicate very well at all with each other. We mainly see this when you try to reschedule an interview appointment with customer service, they confirm and everything seems great until the field office didn't get the notice and denied your case for failing to show up to your interview.

You never know what will happen in your case until you go to your interview. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that the IO at your field office doesn't look at your case until very close to your interview, possibly the day before or day of your interview. By that time, when they finally see your request to have a combo interview, it's too late to have the i-751 file transferred anyway (yes, they do send the whole physical file). But I would certainly give it my best try and add that request anyway, you've got nothing to lose. 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.