nerdcouple

I-751 February 2023 Filers

208 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, YvetteS said:

That is so awesome. Congrats. Is this fast to get biometrics? Or normal time frame?

I'm honestly not sure. Will have to go over some timelines to see what's typical but I'm glad we're going to get this done with. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone, here my current status:

- Sent all the paperworks on 02/21
- Paperworks received on 02/22

- NOA dated 02/24

- extension letter received by email 03/06

Now I just gonna have to wait countless months :). Question: Are there cases where applicants have received ROE within few weeks from filing? or ROE are supposed to be requested only deep in the process? 

11 minutes ago, TravelingLilly said:

Question: Are there cases where applicants have received ROE within few weeks from filing? or ROE are supposed to be requested only deep in the process? 

You mean RFE?

There's RFIE (Request for Initial Evidence) that comes early for very obvious missing docs.

And there's RFE (Request for Evidence) that comes towards the end of process, when IO takes a close look at the case.

19 minutes ago, Purplekimmiecool said:

still awaiting receipt notice in the mail. Did get the 48 month extension tho

Typically the receipt notice and extension letter are synonymous. Not sure if there's different wording on the 48 month letter though as I haven't received one yet.

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

5 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Typically the receipt notice and extension letter are synonymous. Not sure if there's different wording on the 48 month letter though as I haven't received one yet.

What I meant to say was that I saw my notice with the 48 month extension from my online account :)

They tried to charge my card 3 days after I mailed the I-175. Chase flagged it as fraud and it didn’t go through. So pissed right now. 

Im looking for the next step from here. everything I have searched for comes up as “I-175 declined” rather than just the payment for the form being declined. 

I would love to call the lockbox but no phone number. 

should I just wait for the rejection notice? Mail them another payment option?

Hello looking for suggestions we submitted our documents for I-751 and received a letter that they will use the biometrics from last time. That letter was sent out 2/14 and as I’m looking at different timelines I’m seeing that it seems within a week or two that people get 48 month extensions. Is there anyone I should call to inquire about our case status? I have an online account and it still shows fingerprints are being applied. If it helps our case is with LIN are they generally slower? 

I’m just getting concerned because my wife won’t be able to work or travel soon since her GC expires at the end of March.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, deepdishpizza said:

They tried to charge my card 3 days after I mailed the I-175. Chase flagged it as fraud and it didn’t go through. So pissed right now. 

Im looking for the next step from here. everything I have searched for comes up as “I-175 declined” rather than just the payment for the form being declined. 

The package is likely on its way back to you. You won't be able to just mail another payment. 

Either wait for the first package to return and resend with another payment method, or put a new package together and resent with another payment method. 

3 minutes ago, Beruang101 said:

Hello looking for suggestions we submitted our documents for I-751 and received a letter that they will use the biometrics from last time. That letter was sent out 2/14 and as I’m looking at different timelines I’m seeing that it seems within a week or two that people get 48 month extensions. Is there anyone I should call to inquire about our case status? I have an online account and it still shows fingerprints are being applied. If it helps our case is with LIN are they generally slower? 

I’m just getting concerned because my wife won’t be able to work or travel soon since her GC expires at the end of March.

Are you saying that you have not yet received a receipt notice/extension letter?

What date did you file?

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

15 minutes ago, deepdishpizza said:

Hi, 

From what I’ve read before, either you wait for them to ship your I-751 package back to you (it could take ~1 month) or print your whole package again (if you don’t want to wait) and send it with another G-1145 form, check or money order.

I don’t know if it works but since I sent the package, I placed a preauthorization with my bank (for $680 in my case). I did it everyday since I didn’t know when I was gonna get charged.
The charge went through after 3 days of them getting my package. 

I-751 Timeline:

February 28, 2023 - Package sent to Phoenix lockbox

March 1, 2023 - Package received

March 3, 2023 - Credit card charged

March 6, 2023 - Text message received and receipt number assigned

March 11, 2023 - 3 letters in my mailbox:

• NOA1 (48 months extension)
  • Fingerprints and other biometrics reused 
  • Online Access Code for the case

9 minutes ago, chonds said:

Hi, 

From what I’ve read before, either you wait for them to ship your I-751 package back to you (it could take ~1 month) or print your whole package again (if you don’t want to wait) and send it with another G-1145 form, check or money order.

I don’t know if it works but since I sent the package, I placed a preauthorization with my bank (for $680 in my case). I did it everyday since I didn’t know when I was gonna get charged.
The charge went through after 3 days of them getting my package. 

alright. This is good info. Thank you. 

I’ll just get a money order, put everything together again, and send a new one. It shouldn’t be too much trouble.

Just frustrating. 

Edited by deepdishpizza

5 minutes ago, deepdishpizza said:

alright. This is good info. Thank you. 

I’ll just get a money order, put everything together again, and send a new one. It shouldn’t be too much trouble.

Just frustrating. 

Yup, nerve-racking. Hopefully you won’t any problems with your next package 🤞🏼

I-751 Timeline:

February 28, 2023 - Package sent to Phoenix lockbox

March 1, 2023 - Package received

March 3, 2023 - Credit card charged

March 6, 2023 - Text message received and receipt number assigned

March 11, 2023 - 3 letters in my mailbox:

• NOA1 (48 months extension)
  • Fingerprints and other biometrics reused 
  • Online Access Code for the case

3 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

The package is likely on its way back to you. You won't be able to just mail another payment. 

Either wait for the first package to return and resend with another payment method, or put a new package together and resent with another payment method. 

Are you saying that you have not yet received a receipt notice/extension letter?

What date did you file?

We got a text saying it was received February 10th and we filed it 2/4 and I haven’t gotten an extension letter 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.