nerdcouple

I-751 February 2023 Filers

208 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, chonds said:

Hi, 

From what I’ve read before, either you wait for them to ship your I-751 package back to you (it could take ~1 month) or print your whole package again (if you don’t want to wait) and send it with another G-1145 form, check or money order.

I don’t know if it works but since I sent the package, I placed a preauthorization with my bank (for $680 in my case). I did it everyday since I didn’t know when I was gonna get charged.
The charge went through after 3 days of them getting my package. 

Oops, I meant to say Form G-1450 :bonk:

I-751 Timeline:

February 28, 2023 - Package sent to Phoenix lockbox

March 1, 2023 - Package received

March 3, 2023 - Credit card charged

March 6, 2023 - Text message received and receipt number assigned

March 11, 2023 - 3 letters in my mailbox:

• NOA1 (48 months extension)
  • Fingerprints and other biometrics reused 
  • Online Access Code for the case

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Beruang101 said:

We got a text saying it was received February 10th and we filed it 2/4 and I haven’t gotten an extension letter 

If you don't get anything this week, I'd do an inquiry about the missing notice. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

23 hours ago, chonds said:

Hi, 

From what I’ve read before, either you wait for them to ship your I-751 package back to you (it could take ~1 month) or print your whole package again (if you don’t want to wait) and send it with another G-1145 form, check or money order.

I don’t know if it works but since I sent the package, I placed a preauthorization with my bank (for $680 in my case). I did it everyday since I didn’t know when I was gonna get charged.
The charge went through after 3 days of them getting my package. 

Yes, they ship your package back to you (we got our sticky tabs included too). We just got ours back (declined credit card on 2/17/23 suspect fraud) on the package arrived back to us on 3/4/23. We sent package back out same day with a check (after reassembling the package) so credit card company doesn't mess it up. You will have to reorganize the paperwork as it's not in the same order when they send it back. We sent ours to Elgin Lockbox and are in Michigan, just south of Detroit. Waiting on check to post to our account.

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

23 hours ago, deepdishpizza said:

They tried to charge my card 3 days after I mailed the I-175. Chase flagged it as fraud and it didn’t go through. So pissed right now. 

Im looking for the next step from here. everything I have searched for comes up as “I-175 declined” rather than just the payment for the form being declined. 

I would love to call the lockbox but no phone number. 

should I just wait for the rejection notice? Mail them another payment option?

They will send you back the package since the payment was rejected (we had the same thing happen!). Won't help to contact Lockbox...we emailed them and they said (after a few weeks) that we would have to resubmit. They specifically state that they only try to charge the credit card once. I would wait for your package to return and then include the rejection letter and note your first payment was flagged as fraud. You have the option to call your credit card company and tell them to authorize it next time, but I simply don't trust them not to screw it up again. So we did a check and I will wait to see it clear the bank.

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

1 hour ago, PhoenixNiro said:

They will send you back the package since the payment was rejected (we had the same thing happen!). Won't help to contact Lockbox...we emailed them and they said (after a few weeks) that we would have to resubmit. They specifically state that they only try to charge the credit card once. I would wait for your package to return and then include the rejection letter and note your first payment was flagged as fraud. You have the option to call your credit card company and tell them to authorize it next time, but I simply don't trust them not to screw it up again. So we did a check and I will wait to see it clear the bank.

Thank you for the input. At this point I’m not going to wait for them to send the package back (unless it arrives tomorrow). I will update the cover letter explaining what happened with Chase flagging as fraud. I want to make sure they open it before the deadline. 

Still so mad at Chase. 😡

1 minute ago, deepdishpizza said:

Thank you for the input. At this point I’m not going to wait for them to send the package back (unless it arrives tomorrow). I will update the cover letter explaining what happened with Chase flagging as fraud. I want to make sure they open it before the deadline. 

Still so mad at Chase. 😡

It's VERY frustrating! Remember, they haven't accepted your package yet and will be sending it back. If you're not waiting for it, make sure you send a NEW package (we kept copies of original package in case it went missing) with your updated letter. They still need a package with the new payment. Good Luck!!!

8 minutes ago, PhoenixNiro said:

It's VERY frustrating! Remember, they haven't accepted your package yet and will be sending it back. If you're not waiting for it, make sure you send a NEW package (we kept copies of original package in case it went missing) with your updated letter. They still need a package with the new payment. Good Luck!!!

For sure. I have kept good copies as well. I just have to rewrite the I-175 itself. I printed it wrong today so have to rewrite it tomorrow. Everything else is already done. 

I would wait for the rejected package to come in the mail. I didnt wait when i learned that capital one rejected the payment as fraud and I prepared a brand new one and shipped it via Fedex 2 day AM. This also got rejected I am not sure why because I included a personal check this time and I dont have that many 0's in them. So only reason I can think it got rejected is because they need the green rejection letter to be in your package. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 2/18/2023 at 12:14 PM, PhoenixNiro said:

We sent our application via FedEx on 2/14/2023 to Elgin Lockbox....exactly the 90 day mark. Got notification 2/17/2023 that credit card was declined. Thank you Discover for flagging the purchase as fraud! Their approach was have the vendor resubmit. Here's to another chunky fee to FedEx the package again, once we get it back! Definitely will send a check this time (did credit card because thought it would move faster...I stand corrected!) and should be good to move forward. Good luck everybody!!! :joy:

Oh wow I can’t believe I didn’t read this before sending my package with my Discover card as the one used to get charged! I’ve been lucky I guess since it got charged yesterday and I got my NOA text. I did give a heads up to the bank a few days prior letting them know I was going to get a $680 charge from USCIS/Dept of Homeland Security. I made sure to remove any limits as well just in case. Crazy! 

I’m a March filer but lurking in February to see where everyone’s at :)

Edited by Ela G.

17 hours ago, patelmenow said:

I would wait for the rejected package to come in the mail. I didnt wait when i learned that capital one rejected the payment as fraud and I prepared a brand new one and shipped it via Fedex 2 day AM. This also got rejected I am not sure why because I included a personal check this time and I dont have that many 0's in them. So only reason I can think it got rejected is because they need the green rejection letter to be in your package. 

Well now I’m second guessing it.  I don’t want the package to get there a month late because I was waiting for the silly rejection letter. In the cover letter of the second package I explained what happened and will include a copy of the Chase email. 

I don’t want the second package to be late even if I do have rejection letter. 

About the money order: 

I understand the pay to field is “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”

I understand what to write in the memo field. 
what do I write for their  address? The address of the lockbox?

Holy cow the original package arrived today. 

there are a bunch of numbers at the bottom of the papers and someone even initialed a few pages. 

Should I resend the exact ones they sent back with the corrected payment, or  New fresh versions of the same thing?

17 minutes ago, deepdishpizza said:

Should I resend the exact ones they sent back with the corrected payment, or  New fresh versions of the same thing?

this happened with my AOS packet back in 2020. I re-sent the same papers but re-ordered them in the same manner as mentioned in the AOS guide on VJ. Make sure you include the green (I think?) paper that they sent to you when they rejected your I-751. And use a money order or personal check to pay this time, just to be safe.

10 minutes ago, samdog said:

this happened with my AOS packet back in 2020. I re-sent the same papers but re-ordered them in the same manner as mentioned in the AOS guide on VJ. Make sure you include the green (I think?) paper that they sent to you when they rejected your I-751. And use a money order or personal check to pay this time, just to be safe.

Yes, the paper is green. I’m glad I live so close to the lockbox and it got here so quick. I was 24 hours away from sending a second package without the green rejection paper. It does specifically say “to place this letter on top of your new filing package”. 

Definitely using money order this time. Also including an updated cover letter with a few sentences explaining that it was Chase’s fault. 

cheers

3 minutes ago, deepdishpizza said:

Also including an updated cover letter with a few sentences explaining that it was Chase’s fault. 

Don't need to do this IMO - USCIS knows that credit card companies' algorithms are crazy. We did not write anything about the rejection in our revised packet - just make sure you write "RESUBMISSION" or something in the cover letter. That's what VJ's guides told us to do during AOS.

8 minutes ago, samdog said:

Don't need to do this IMO - USCIS knows that credit card companies' algorithms are crazy. We did not write anything about the rejection in our revised packet - just make sure you write "RESUBMISSION" or something in the cover letter. That's what VJ's guides told us to do during AOS.

After reading that, you’re right. 

I’ll just hand write “RESUBMISSION” at the top of the CL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.