nerdcouple

I-751 February 2023 Filers

209 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2023 at 7:35 AM, ecuatorianos2018 said:

I just checked my case status online and it says updated to show fingerprints were taken. Glad we don’t have to go back in!

I see many people have had fingerprints waived! So good! What does your case number start with? Mine is SRC and I am yet to hear anything about biometrics being re-used or a biometrics appointment letter. 

On 3/12/2023 at 7:13 PM, m911 said:

Hi everyone,

I filed my 751 a three weeks ago, and was waiting for the NOA so I can travel internationally, because of the expiration of the GC

Oddly, I've received 2 letters from USCIS, one stating, that the biometric isn't required, and the second one for the Online Account creation, but haven' t received the main NOA letter (green paper).

Can you please share if this is normal or if you received these letters all at the same time? I'm really afraid it can get lost in mail and freaking out.  

Thanks!

I received the green paper first then days after I received the biometric reuse.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My biometrics are being re-used....LOVE IT!!! Got 48 month extension notice for green card. Application being processed at Nebraska Service Center.

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys.  My wife and stepson just got a notice from USCIS,

Theyre reusing their old fingerprints!!!

Makes it easier lol.

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It’s weird I received my NOA letter twice in the mail. First one, I received it week after I submitted. The second was this week. 

On 3/18/2023 at 6:07 PM, Mimi24 said:

It’s weird I received my NOA letter twice in the mail. First one, I received it week after I submitted. The second was this week. 

46 minutes ago, FM.MS said:

Same thing with me.. when I saw the letter, I thought it is biometric reuse notice..but it's extension notice again. 

Note the different extension period in the letter. The first NOA letter probably didn't extend your status by 48 months, it was shorter.

Edited by OldUser

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how soon after filing I can expect to get my biometrics appointment. I filed in February, Texas Service Center and I never received a biometrics waiver notice. Thanks!

Good morning! Today I also received my extention letter for the second time.  So I think this way they probably make sure that applicant received a document. Good for me as my green card expired on April 8th. I can use this extra copy for travel.

No biometrics or other letter yet.

I searched other month filers and most of them got their green card approved at the date of citizenship interview. So now at least I know what to expect. My friend got her second green card in 2021 within 5 month so will see how it goes;) 

Edited by Nastya_7smile

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

How difficult is it to get the 48 month GC extension stamped on the passport? We are thinking of traveling to Mexico and read in reddit that few people had difficultly boarding flight to Mexico because their GC was expired and the agent/airlines didn't accept the extension letter. I heard its a hit or miss when it comes to travel using expired GC and extension letter except for Canada.

12 minutes ago, Jish&Abt said:

How difficult is it to get the 48 month GC extension stamped on the passport? We are thinking of traveling to Mexico and read in reddit that few people had difficultly boarding flight to Mexico because their GC was expired and the agent/airlines didn't accept the extension letter. I heard its a hit or miss when it comes to travel using expired GC and extension letter except for Canada.

You won't get 48 months extension in passport.

If you ask for ADIT (I-551) stamp you'd have to provide reason why you need it. Because you already have an expired GC and extension letter, it's going to be hard to convince anybody at USCIS. Even ifyou can convince them, I wouldn't do it. Your current extension letter is 48 months. The stamp in passport is only valid for 12 months. In a year, you'll have to ask for it again. Also, a lot of the times, when you get a stamp, your plastic GC is taken away. Meaning you will have to depend on USCIS to give you these stamps in passport. You also create dependency on passport validity. If your passport is about to expire, you'll have to renew it first to get the stamp.

In short, you shouldn't do it.

12 minutes ago, Jish&Abt said:

I heard its a hit or miss when it comes to travel using expired GC and extension letter except for Canada.

I travelled to Canada and two European countries on extension letter. OK so far (knock on the wood).

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.