fwb3566

B1/2 visa stay

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, fwb3566 said:

No, but she saves her money for travel and was traveling with me in my rv, and of course I pay most of the expenses.

And as I said, I am retiring in 18 months, we were going to travel the US as much as possible before that happens.

I was not aware Indonesia paid so well and had such understanding employers that is a lot of holiday

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

you  wrote:

So she has spent 4 of the past 5 months USA and wants to come back now. To CBP that’s living in the USA. 

1. When she had her visa interview, what duration of stay did she tell the CO?

2. Similarly at the port of entry what duration of stay did she she tell the CBPO? 

Not relevant to CBP 

39 states plus DC, Puerto Rico, American Samoa. It’s mostly monotonous and repetitive. I’d much prefer to spend 30 days in Indonesia than Indiana  or for that matter Hawaii. 

I believe you.  

Under U.S. law she is presumed to have immigration intent until she can convince CBP otherwise.  

3. CBP is going to wonder how  is she able to spend 8 months out of 9 in the USA without working?

That was the point I raised in my first comment on this thread and you didn’t address it.  

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

you  wrote:

So she has spent 4 of the past 5 months USA and wants to come back now. To CBP that’s living in the USA. 

1. When she had her visa interview, what duration of stay did she tell the CO?

2. Similarly at the port of entry what duration of stay did she she tell the CBPO? 

Not relevant to CBP 

39 states plus DC, Puerto Rico, American Samoa. It’s mostly monotonous and repetitive. I’d much prefer to spend 30 days in Indonesia than Indiana  or for that matter Hawaii. 

I believe you.  

Under U.S. law she is presumed to have immigration intent until she can convince CBP otherwise.  

3. CBP is going to wonder how  is she able to spend 8 months out of 9 in the USA without working?

That was the point I raised in my first comment on this thread and you didn’t address it.  

She is a world traveler and has saved for traveling, we traveled from SW to SE US, not repetitive at all and now want to travel up north when it warms up.

We traveled in my rv and I payed most of the expenses.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Afternoon nap sounds very inviting 

US Immigration has a reputation for not being as nice as we are so recommend questions are asked clearly and concisely 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

42 minutes ago, fwb3566 said:

Well it won't be an issue in 18 months, I will be retired in Indonesia where we will get married and I will get an ITAS. Will take a few weeks and give me a one year stay, after that I can get a ITAP, good for 5 years, so simple cut and dry.... 

You did not say that initially.  You made it sound like she wanted to return immediately for another long stay, and yes:  that could potentially be a problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I was not aware Indonesia paid so well and had such understanding employers that is a lot of holiday

6 minutes ago, fwb3566 said:

She does not work in Indonesia

1. So what country has employers with  that understanding and pay so well?

2. If she has residence permit at a third country, knowing that might cause the folks responding to you to adjust their impressions. 

3. knowing what she does for living is useful to.  

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I am not sure I have the energy 

I’ve a bit more in the tank 

7 minutes ago, fwb3566 said:

She is a world traveler and has saved for traveling,

It seems  she works 2 months a year. Does she keep an apartment when she gone most of the year? 

On the 6 month authorized stay, visitors should think of that as rope. USA gives visitors rope and other countries block the stairs to the gallows.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
17 hours ago, fwb3566 said:

Would it be of any help if I went to indonesia and stayed a month, then return with her?

Waiting 8 months is crazy, why give a 5 year visa that is good for 6 month stays at a time?

We want to travel here as much as we can before I retire Sept 2024 and live Indonesia.

Well feel free to disregard what your girlfriend was told, and what everyone here has told you. Roll the dice and have her come back ASAP. If she isn't allowed in, it sounds like you can just go see her in Indonesia periodically before you retire in 18 months.

Or you could listen to everyone (including your gf), and hold off on her returning immediately. Go visit her sometime(s) in the next few months before she comes back here again to visit. 8 months, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that long.

Also, getting married in Indonesia is a lot more paperwork than here in the USA. Good luck!

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Why come here to ask for advice and go on to argue with what everyone just because you don't like what they have to say)even though it's the truth)? No one here has any control over the immigration in this country, let alone their rules. Like it or not, if she returns right away, CPB will assume that she's living here. Period. Full stop. Your retirement in 18 months and what your plans are after that have absolutely nothing to do with any of this. She was given a b2 based on her merits and her merits alone. Plus, having a US boyfriend/fiancé  works against her. If you want to ignore everyone's advice and roll the dice, that's up to you, but don't be surprised if she's denied entry and her visa is revoked. Just sayin'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.